While the hotel may not look plush from the outside, I was impressed once I stepped in. The lobby was posh modern and the library seating area is charming and welcoming. Similarly the room was very chic and cosy, spacious and well equipped. I had a room at the corner on a higher floor, which offered a beautiful (esp. night) view of the Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market from the small balcony.
The strong and warm shower was such a pamper on a cold wintery day, and tv offers a good number of channels for everyone (sports, kids, movies). The king sized bed is cushy and really comfortable, and the room had a coffee machine and fully stocked bar, though strangely no electric kettle. The main disappointment is that wifi is chargeable at $9.95/24-hr. But apparently it is complementary if a guest signs up for the free Millennium loyalty card (I'm still to find out).
Location wise it is smack in the downtown, with North End, Seaport and Chinatown districts within easy reach. The State St subway station is just a stone's throw away, just 3 stops from the Airport station.
Overall a terrific hotel every way I see it. If only they would be less stingy on the wifi it would be perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bostonian's chief asset is its prime location adjacent to Faneuil Hall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Booking.com, Amex, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Millennium Bostonian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Millennium Bostonian
- Millennium Bostonian Boston
- Boston Millennium Hotel
- Millenium Bostonian