“Prime Location, Comfortable Rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Bostonian Hotel

Save Saved
You added Millennium Bostonian Hotel to your Saves list
Millennium Bostonian Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   26 North Street, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston, MA 02109-1509   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save up to 20%
Ranked #33 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Nevada
“Prime Location, Comfortable Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

The location of this hotel is fantastic. It's across the street from Feneuil Hall, eating establishments, shopping, and adjacent to North End as well as the Freedom Trail. For those that enjoy their morning late, there's a Starbucks accross the Street. If you need to rent a vehicle, there's an Avis a couple of blocks away.

The rooms were VERY comfortable, well appointed and quite large. What I appreciated is that they had a vanity area adjacent to the bathroom. This is specially nice when you have more than one person in the room.

In the North End, visit Mike's Pastries (along the Freedom Trail). Yes, it's a tourist trap but one that's well worth it. I've never had better Canollis.....and I don't even care for them.

• Stayed July 2012
RobertRivers, General Manager at Millennium Bostonian Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Recent Visitor,

Truly, thank you for taking time at conclusion of your trip to post a review on Millennium Bostonian Hotel and we appreciate your comments.

There is no greater recognition of our performance than to read reviews which highlight our guests' reactions and how it coincides with our training and empowerment programs. Our team is motivated to enhance a guest experience and certainly our location is a contributor to the overall stay.

Again, thank you,

rrivers@mill-usa.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I booked a Standard room for November 17th as I was coming to Boston to see the tree lighting ceremony and I was also traveling with my mother and step-father who were celebrating their 16th wedding anniversary,

I called the hotel a few days prior to arrival and arranged for an upgrade for my parents' room with a balcony overlooking Faneuil Hall in addition to some chocolate covered strawberries. I checked into my room first and was placed on the 8th floor which has a separate elevator and features only 5 rooms on that floor; 1 wall of my room was pure windows...it was amazing!

My parents, however, had some problems with their room. While they were upgraded to a suite, they didn't have the view of Faneuil Hall but instead were looking at another side of the hotel. Since I had already told them about the upgrade prior to arrival, I felt their disappointment and had to fix it. I went to the front desk and spoke to a wonderful young lady named Kate who took care of the problem. She upgraded my parents to a 1 bedroom suite which had an amazing view of Faneuil Hall.

Every staff member we encountered on this trip was incredibly polite and helpful. My parents enjoyed fantastic food at North 26 restaurant and we both enjoyed our rooms. I'm looking forward to my next visit in a few weeks!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and I enjoyed reading of your experience while a guest at Millennium Bostonian.

Every one of our associates is empowered on how to alter a guest experience should a situation arise while a guest and it appears Katie was able to do just that. As Boston is a tight city, not every guest room has a direct view of Faneuil Hall, however if available, our team is always willing to assist.

We are eager for your return and please share with me your arrival information so that I may personally select your accommodations.

Appreciatively,

617.557.3601
Neuchâtel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Perfectelly located, in the city center, 10 min walk to the TD Garden, shops are around every where.
The only thing maybe is that my room was a litle bit noisy ...
Workers are very friendly you really feel welcome.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times... the first was by accident, while visiting some of the dinning (drinking) establishments in quincy market place we decided we better spend the night ;-)... the hotel is literally right in quincy market place / fanuel hall. we were delighted to see a beautiful grand lobby & wonderful modern, clean and spacious room with a small balcony. we fell in love with boston that night and this hotel.
since, we have tried to recreate that night and are always impressed with the Millennium. It is right in the heart of the action of Boston... quincy market place, fanuel hall, the aquarium and much more are all within a 5 minute +- walk from the hotel. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This hotel is walking distance from everywhere. On Fri and Sat there is a farmers market set up literally out the front door and around the block. I loved shopping and dropping stuff off in our room. We were literally in and out of the hotel all day. Very convenient!
The rooms are beautiful. I enjoyed the mirror makeup area because there's a little roll out ottoman stool type thing and the lights are dimmer than the bathroom. I also like that the standard room has a balcony. The bed is very comfy. The only things I thought were bad is the tv was grainy and wifi was not free. But it was a blessing for us because we wanted to be out walking around and not getting distracted with that stuff. Everything you need to know, you can ask someone in Boston, whether at the hotel or at a pub. It's a great place with nice people.
The staff was amazing. The nicest and most helpful was Daniela but all, from front dest to doorman were great. On a somewhat unrelated note, I must suggest women leave their heels at home. It just doesn't work in Boston.

Room Tip: I probably should have mentioned it was our anniversary. From other reviews sounds like we may have...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I spent 3 nights at this hotel in August and although i thought the price i payed for my stay was outrageous, i clearly wanted to be within walking distance to the North End and this is truly a stones throw away from Hanover St.
I was swiftly checked into a very large room # 627, with a great view, facing the market out the front and north end.
The room is HUGE and i mean huge, i had a king size bed (comfy) and lots and i mean lots of room to walk around in, then it had another entrance into the powder area with a dresser and large mirror and a seperate entry to the bathroom. Although the hotel isn't new, i wasn't phased with the decor as the amenities and view made up for it. I had requested a refrigerator and within minutes it was delivered to my room.
I cannot vouch for the hotel restaurant as i never ate there, as there are literally hundreds of options within walking distance to the hotel.
The staff were friendly and helpful, but i found the hotel to be very noisy on saturday night due to a wedding being held at the hotel and you could hardly hear yourself think, nor have a conversation with staff.....but hey, not a big deal.
As for location, this place is great whether your travelling solo as i was or with friends or family, literally across the road from Quincy Market & Fanueil Hall, with street entertainment which was great, if you didnt feel like venturing far of an evening.
I specifically chose this hotel due to its proximity to the North End and i wasn't disappointed at all, it was literally an 5 min wallk to Hanover St and an abundance of restaurants and very safe.
I happened to be in Boston during the time of the Fishermans Feast, what a delight, great entertainment and food to die for. You need to go to Mikes Patry.....the best cannoli outside of Italy itself....the wait is worth the wait.
You are also walking distance to great shopping, which i must say tax free Boston is the place to shop. All sites are also within walking distance and the Freedom trail right outside your day.
All in all, i had a wonderful stay at this hotel and in Boston, would definately recommend this hotel to others and would stay again if ever in Boston.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
RobertRivers, General Manager at Millennium Bostonian Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Contributor,

We are very grateful for the time and effort you awarded to completing a review of Millennium Bostonian Hotel and I wish to thank you for your endorsement.

Our location is premier, for downtown Boston, and your comments are mirrored many times. Certainly access is critical and being just a short walk from Mike's Pastry is a plus!

We hope that your travel plans will again include any one of our cities internationally and that we have an opportunity to again honor ourselves with your stay.

WIth my appreciation,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed at the Millennium post cruise. We had planned to stay only one night, and had the 1982 Anniversary package which was a reduced price on a premium room which included champaign and breakfast. Well.... Hurricane Sandy extended our stay for 2 more nights. Not at the reduced rate of the first night but at a pretty good price considering the rack rate.
The hotel is beautiful. The entire property is immaculate. The furnishing are very high end and the bed is very comfortable ( except the pillows). Our view was of Quincy Market and at night the lights were absolutely beautiful. They offer Starbucks coffee in the lobby in the morning and hot apple cider in the afternoon.
Because our flights were cancelled twice, we had to extend our stay and the staff especially the concierge were very pleasant and helpful.
The door on our "balcony" kept popping open ( gusts of wind due to the storm I guess) and both times the response was quick and it was secured.

I wish that we had stayed here pre cruise instead of the hotel at the Harbor that was almost twice the price. That however, is another review.

I would definitely recommend staying here. It is a perfect starting point for sightseeing and there is no lacking for dining choices.
The Wifi isn't complementary, but printing off boarding passes is.

Now... I just hope they correct the billing on our credit card as I have double charges pending and my husband has a double charge pending from the restaurant that we are hoping is taken care of soon.

Room Tip: Check out the special rate for this year... quite a deal compared to other hotels in the area.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Millennium Bostonian Hotel? Share your experiences!