“Fabulous Hotel, Great People, Excellent Spa! Stay Here Now!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fabulous Hotel, Great People, Excellent Spa! Stay Here Now!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

Each year i pick a different hotel to stay for Christmas...saw this online http://www.mayorsholidayspecial.com/ called and talked to Jim the night mgr, he gave me a special AAA rate $157. for a big hotel in the city near fanueil hall? and they bumped me to a king superior room, wow! and i forgot it was an old bank, wow the decor is astounding! Bond Restaurant is my new hangout in town (you should see the decor) and Chef Leavy makes a shortrib that is to die for literally! The rooms are very nice, beautiful ammenities, great bed and tv, free use of bathrobes and you get to keep the slippers nice...and the spa omg it is so beautiful (ask for Lyndsay) she gave me a salt scrub that was so fine she is so good at what she does, you should see the pool jacuzzi area you can see out the window (see pics below) all in all i have to say that the staff is the best i've encountered, the location is like wow you can walk up to the Boston Common in like 10 min., i love that! My stay at the Langham was the best stay in Boston so far bar none! If it wasn't for the snow storm coming i would have stayed the entire weekend, don't hesitate stay here now!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

We stayed for 4 nights at this hotel at the end of our round the world trip. We had stayed in other Langham hotels so expected this one to be excellent. I would say that it does not quite have the wow factor of other Langham hotels we have stayed in however it is very comfortable and the staff on the whole are excellent. The rooms are not as plush as other Langham hotels we have stayed in. The king sized bed and pillows are extremely comfortable. The manager was very kind and helpful to us especially when we were disappointed with our superior room. The concierge desk is very knowledgable about Boston and helpful in suggesting trips for us to do.
The spa and indoor pool are very pleasant but there is no steam room. Breakfast at the weekends is buffet and a la carte during the week. The quality of the food is very good and the coffee in the Bond restaurant is the best I have had since coming to America. The location is central to the shops and heritage trail which we found very interesting. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

I had a nice stay at the Langham on one night of business travel. Food was good in the Cafe on the 2nd floor, and had nice drinks at the Bond Restaurant. I didn't have time to enjoy the spa and pool, but they looked enticing. And the hotel is in a great area for seeing downtown Boston, within walking distance of the Common, Haymarket, and plenty more.

I also happened to leave my iPod in the room on my way out the door in the morning. Much to my surprise, it was picked up and returned to the lost and found. A unique situation, but a reflection of the excellent level of service I received from the Langham and its staff. I will be staying there again if the occasion arises.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

Had a two night business stay in Boston recently and chosr this hotel based upon location. Smooth check in and friendly front desk. Worked in room first night and room service was prompt and food was great. The second night the concierge made what turned out to be a great recommendation for dinner. Price was fair for Boston during the week. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

We returned last night from our 3 night stay at Langham Hotel in Boston. My husband and I both agree it is the best hotel we have ever stayed at. The hotel rooms are spacious and very comfortable, however it was the attentiveness and warmth of the staff employed there that we noticed immediately. Every member of staff during our stay from those at reception, to the concierge desk to the lovely ladies servicing our room were fabulous... because of them we felt our experience was outstanding and we felt spoiled.

The hotel is very well situated in Boston - within walking distance to several major attractions such as the 'Freedom Trail' and Science Museum, but also some great restaurants and good shopping. We ate at Mother Anna's (delicious Italian) in North End, about 10 min walk from hotel, as well as Montien (authentic tasty Thai) in the Theatre district (short taxi ride away). We also ordered room service one night and the food was outstanding.

The only downside to the entire hotel is lack of free internet and wi-fi, for which you will be charged should you wish to use it. I only add this in as guests who are travelling for business may wish to know this. But I wouldn't let it stop you from choosing to stay here - this is a far more personal hotel than any I have stayed at and am recommending it to anyone looking to stay in Boston city.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
New Haven,CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

I had high hopes for this hotel, based on all the reviews here. While this hotel has fancy curtains and a very good staff, the hotel itself is very ordinary for the price. The bathroom was shockingly small, the furnishings were average, and for a non-smoking hotel, our room had to be changed due to heavy smoke smell because my daughters friend has asthma.

I would not pay the money to stay in this hotel again. For the money, I much prefer the Boston Intercontinental hotel. It is directly on the water, the staff is very nice, rooms are a very good size, and the bathrooms are luxurious with an oversized tub, large glass enclosed shower (for 2 if desired), lots of countertop space, etc etc.

Based on the reviews here, people are swayed more by finishings and fluff, than substance.

For

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

Where should I begin, for 5 years my husband and I have travelled to Boston, and stayed at various places, most recently at the Langham. Out of all the places we have stayed, it was by far, the most polite, considerate, and clean experience. From the mints on the pillows, to the directions from the Concierge, Daniel, we felt right at home. I used the facility to work out and swim, the jacuzzi and sauna were awesome, to unwind after a long day, and BOND was a great place to have a drink, and enjoy each other. 10 min walk to Fanuiel Hall and North End.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Langham, Boston? Share your experiences!