We stayed one night over Thanksgiving weekend. This is a beautiful old property in a great Boston location. The hotel should be nicer simply because it could be.
Let me say first that the hotel is clean and the rooms are adequate. I would stay here again.
It bothers me when beautiful old hotels are not properly maintained. Wallpaper should not be peeling off. Tiles should not be missing. You get the idea. In my mind, this separates a great property from a merely adequate one. It also says something about the ownership and staff. It also makes an impression on people like me who spend lots of time in hotels.
The front desk staff was great. They even called us 5 minutes after we reached the room to assure that it was satisfactory. A nice touch! They were also very helpful with walking directions.
The room was very nice. Not the usual small closet-size room you expect in a city like Boston. I liked the fact that you could move around freely and had a comfortable place to sit. The bathroom was rather large and, to my delight, filled with extra towels and amenities.
The bed was comfy and the linens were crisp and clean. That's all I ever expect.
The TV was the old boxy type, but who goes to a hotel to watch TV?
The window was small and the view was nothing to write home about, but again, unless you are planning to stay in the room and look out the window, who cares?
The hallway noise and sounds of heavy doors slamming shut was a bit much a times. This is a regular problem in any old building. I wish they could cure it, because there's nothing worse than being jarred awake at 1:30 am by noisy hotel patrons having long conversations in doorways, following by slamming doors.
The absolute worst thing was that the room was uncomfortably hot and the cooling system did nothing to help it. I wish that they would not shut the air conditioning completely off in the winter. This was an unsually warm November night, about 60 degrees, and it was over 75 in the room. Turning the cooling system on only made it worse, because no cool air was emitted. Unfortunately, things like this can ruin an otherwise satisfactory stay.
It's Boston, so expect to pay dearly for parking. The valet dropped the ball on checkout. We called ahead as instructed but still had to wait outside the hotel for over 30 additional minutes for them to bring up our car. I did not appreciate that.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham, Boston Hotel
- The Langham, Boston Hotel Boston
- The Langham Boston
- Langham Hotel Boston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Housed in a famous architectural landmark, The Langham, Boston offers a unique blend of history, charm and urban sophistication. The hotel is in Boston's financial district and within a 5 min walk to Faneuil Hall Marketplace. It is also steps away from the Boston Harbor, the North End, Boston's finest shopping district, major colleges and universities, theaters, and the Freedom Trail to name a few. The Langham, Boston is ideally located for both business and pleasure and offers three delectable dining options,the Reserve, a refined champagne lounge which serves a continental breakfast selection and offers dining from dawn until dusk with a menu featuring soups, salads and light entrees, along with beer, wine and champagne and the Langham's traditional British Tiffin Afternoon Tea. Bond is a premiere destination for cosmopolitan dining, cocktails and entertainment. Cafe Fleuri offers contemporary New England cuisine for full breakfast and Lunch (mon-fri)and our decadent Saturday Chocolate Bar and renowned Sunday Brunch. All guests at the Langham Hotel enjoy our signature Langham Turn Down service, plush robes and slippers, and full complimentary use of the fitness center and indoor heated pool and jacuzzi in our charming and intimate pool pavilion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your The Langham, Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.