“Classically Elegant Hotel with Superb Service” 5 of 5 stars

Up to 20% off!
Ranked #24 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Classically Elegant Hotel with Superb Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

We loved the Langham! My partner and I stayed here last week during emergency construction on our condo and we were made to feel very welcome during a stressful time. We booked a room at $335 and were upgraded to a beautiful junior suite overlooking Post Office Square - a very nice surprise!

We found the hotel to be spotless and well-maintained. Our junior suite was nicely appointed and had a homely English feel. Internet connection was fast and reliable ($12.95(?) a day - pretty typical for a secure connection). Bathroom was spotless and smallish but the toiletries box with everything that one could have forgotten - priceless! Only complaint is that there was too much junk on the already small desk!

The bar... In a word, stunning! Possibly the best hotel bar we have ever visited. Huge crystal chandeliers, comfy loungy seating, stiff drinks (for a price) and polite bartenders - what more could one ask for?

The health spa is smallish but well done and designed. Pool area has lots of natural light and the workout rooms have brand new equipment and are again, spotless. Best of all, no access fee!

We easily recommend the Langham!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

This hotel is particularly well situated and has well appointed rooms. In our experience,as world travellers,it does not provide value for money
Shortcomings...
1. There is not a quiet bar area where one can have a drink and good conversation. The only bar has a nightclub ambience,with very loud music,flashing lights and apparently largely non-resident clientele.
2. Most all budget hotels,inns and B&Bs provide complimentary wi-fi. How can the Langham justify a hefty charge for this service?
3. The restaurant is over-priced relative to the food provided.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

This was the first night of our honeymoon, and from the moment we arrived we felt special. Front of house was excellent, and as we had arrived early didn't expect to get checked in, but our room was ready, so our very helpful porter, Brian, gave us some pointers on "must see/do's" also some pointers on places to eat. We had a view of Post Office Square which was nice, as there is some green space there, rather than just a building across the street. Being in the financial district everything we needed was close at hand, and certainly no need to have a car here, as walking places was not a problem. I'd happily stay in this ex Federal Reserve building again!

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

We stayed here for three nights at the end of a trip around New England in the fall. On arrival we were very impressed by the hotel and staff, and our room was lovely, if slightly on the small side. We had a very nice view of the Post Office Square Park. The location was OK, but after exploring the town we decided if we went back we would prefer to stay in the Beacon Hill area, as that part of town seemed to have nicer places to eat in the evening. The leisure facilities were good, and I enjoyed swimming in the little pool, which I had all to myself!

However, we would not go back to this hotel due to the tremendous amount of noise coming from the functions they hold. The first two nights we were there the music was audible but finished about midnight, so didn't cause too much of a problem. However, the last night we were there is music was hyped up a few decibels, and didn't end until 2am. We had to get up at 5am to go to the airport, and so barely had any sleep. We complained to the reception staff, who were apologetic, but powerless to do anything. The Langham is clearly out to make money from these functions, but it is very sad that they do it at the expense of the paying guest.

Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

My husband and I were coming in to Boston for a wedding and decided to splurge. We did book through Priceline. The staff were all wonderful etc. and our room was small but acceptable, on the 9th floor which,again, was fine. We met our son for dinner and came back to the room to go to bed. The bed was as hard as a rock. We did not sleep...I became so desperate that I lined up the pillows and tried it that way. I guess in hindsight I should have called to see if they had another bed option. My suggestion would be to lie in the bed first and see before going out to enjoy the city. I can't remember having been so uncomfortable.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

We stayed here for three nights in October and the concierge here is the best I have ever encountered. They did everything from arranging for our rental car to suggesting places to sightsee and eat. The hotel itself is very nice, rooms are smallish but very comfortable. The beds were excellent. Great location! Next time I am in Boston, I am definitely staying here!
Make sure you check out BOND as well; very unique cocktails and decor.

Millbrae, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

When my company booked me into the Langham they told me it was the best hotel in Boston - and they weren't far off the mark. The room was a bit small for my taste, but extremely comfortable. Ordered room service my first night because on a Sunday night there was nothing open. Food was very good, and arrived in no time.

The bed was very comfortable and I fell asleep with no problem. Staff was very helpful in giving me directions around town and everyone there was pleasant. Although I only stayed there a couple of nights, it made my business trip a whole lot easier.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to The Langham, Boston? Share your experiences!