“5 star amenities but in 3-4 star small rooms.” 3 of 5 stars

Up to 20% off!
Ranked #24 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Castro Valley, California
“5 star amenities but in 3-4 star small rooms.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Beautiful fancy hotel in the financial district - we stayed here through a great rate on Hotwire. It was a really nice hotel but I don't think I would ever stay here if I had to pay the regular rate.

The good.
- Check in was a breeze. We got there at 9am after a red eye and they let us check in!
- Indoor pool. (we didn't use).
- Fancy beautiful lobby.
- Bond lounge is gorgeous (but with a RUDE waiter).
- Cute turn down service with chocolates, slippers, goodnight/good morning rugs.
- Location- walking distance to most tourist attractions.

The eh.
- Rooms were super small. Granted we were in the Classic room which is the smallest and its Boston but still. The bathroom was so small it felt like a motel/3star hotel bathroom. Yes there were plush towels and robes but 2 people could not be in that bathroom at the same time if needed.
- Needs a deep clean or at least a carpet cleaning in the rooms.
- Location. A good and bad. It's right in the financial district and there's nothing close by that is open on the weekends or at night. You have to walk to the other areas for food etc- granted its only a 10-15 min walk but still.
- A bit of pretentiousness. A few staff members were a bit rude to us. The bartender at Bond lounge was the most rude bartender I've ever dealt with. Quite snobby and rude- so bad that we didn't tip him.

Overall, it was fine because we had a discounted rate through Hotwire. If I had a choice though, I don't think I'd stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Michelle P,

Thank you for your feedback of your stay at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our location within walking distance to local sights and attractions, as well as our turn down service. I am saddened to read however that you encountered a service shortfall in BOND. Please rest assured that I have addressed this with the BOND GM and a training session has been organized on reiterating the importance of guest interaction. Furthermore, I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston in the near future.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My wife and I returned to Boston from a New England/Canada cruise on a recent Sunday in October. The ship docked around 7 AM and we were disembarked by 10 AM. Having planned in advance to stay the night in Boston, I did a hotel search in August and found an early purchase incentive to book the Langham. I didn't know anything about the hotel but the reviews were very good and the price was excellent considering the going rates in downtown Boston. As I said, we were off the ship by 10 and were hoping for an early check in. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were greeted warmly by the staff, and were pleased to find a room available. We were escorted to the room by a very courteous bellman. Upon entering the room, we found it much more than we had hoped for --- clean, beautiful, comfortable and quiet. We also decided to do our own walking tour of Boston and the concierge was very helpful with providing directions to the places we wanted to go. We hope to someday make a return trip to Boston and will definitely look at booking the Langham again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DaveH6258,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Langham, Boston in October. We are delighted that you and your wife had a wonderful and memorable stay with us, and especially enjoyed our spacious and clean accommodations and convenient location within walking distance to local sights. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston on your next visit to the city.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

What a surprise! From the moment I walked into the hotel, I was impressed. Everyone I came into contact with, from bellman to front desk staff to the waiters had a smile on their face and truly seemed to be happy.

Check in was a breeze (at 12 pm) and while I was early, they were able to find me a room. The rooms was well appointed, clean, spacious and had a sitting area, a desk area and all the amenities one could need. The sleep experience was wonderful - comfortable and quiet. The bathroom was clean, large and the towels were soft and plush. See pics.

We enjoyed the dinner at Bond. The food was innovative and the service was terrific.

The hotel sits in the financial district and is an easy $20 cab ride from Logan Airport. It is also walkable to most major tourist attractions as well as many wonderful restaurants.

On leaving the hotel (had a 6:30am flight), after a phone call in the morning to the front desk, my car was waiting for me with directions to the airport. Valet parking was $45.

Bonus: this property participates in different airline frequent flier programs.

Will definitely return!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear GRLTRAV,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us at The Langham, Boston. I am delighted that you had a memorable stay that exceeded your expectations. Additionally, I am pleased that you enjoyed your dinner experience in BOND and found the food and service excellent. Thank you as well for complementing our colleagues for their friendly and exceptional service. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston in the near future.

Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed at The Langham after an event at the State Room earlier this month. I was really looking forward to staying at the hotel but was a bit disappointed.

The good: awesome location in the Financial District of Boston. Walking distance to Freedom Trail (5 min), Faneuil Hall (5 min), Waterfront (5 min), Government Center (15 min), Downtown Crossing (15 min), and North End (15 min). Convenient parking right across the street. Room was quite clean and I enjoyed the turndown service. (What can I say ... I'm a sucker for a pillow chocolate and fluffy slippers.) I also loved all of the artwork from around Boston, the design of the lobby and the toiletries.

The bad: The bath in our room was directly behind the housekeepers station for the floor, so we heard lots of coming and going and discussion in the morning/evening. The room was also quite small and the plugs were old and outdated. A few plugs didn't work at all, which we didn't discover until after we'd had some of our devices plugged into them all night. Finally, the shower drain was partially clogged and the basin filled up with water when we showered (up to mid-calf in 10 minutes).

Over the years, we've stayed at several of the Langham's competitors in the area for various events. I'm sorry to say that I'd probably choose one of them before returning here. I feel like we got more for comparable money elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Post Office square. Avoid rooms near lifts and housekeeping stations.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Deebee16384,

Thank you for your review of your stay at The Langham, Boston. I am glad to learn that you found our location convenient and ideally situated and especially enjoyed the historic artwork throughout the hotel, as well as our in room amenities. I am saddened that you encountered difficulty with our electrical outlets and shower drain, which have been resolved by our engineering team in the meantime. We hope to have the chance to welcoming you back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Recently had the privilege of staying at The Langham for two nights and it was an amazing experience!!! The bed was heavenly and the service very high. I would recommend a trip to the bar - it's simply stunning. A wonderful experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kelly K,

Thank you for your review of your stay at The Langham, Boston. I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us and especially enjoyed our Blissful Bed as our Restaurant and Lounge BOND, with the original Federal Seal of the United States in the floor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Boston

herts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stay at Langham in Hong Kong. This is almost as good -but that is perfect.
Rooms great as you expect but bathroom tiny and power to shower not great ( over bath shower with water split between shower and tap)
Dinner in Bond was just OK. No brown or whole meal rolls to offer. Overpriced for what it is

Service in main hotel wonderful and with great location will be back.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear angiejess,

Thank you for your feedback of your stay at The Langham, Boston. I am pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations and that the service you received was wonderful and our location ideal in downtown Boston.

Arizone
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I really like this downtown Boston hotel. It is very luxurious and the service is great. I especially like the Bond Bar and Lounge with its high ceilings and spectacular bar. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear deepfocus,

Thank you for your feedback of your stay at The Langham, Boston. I am delighted that you loved our Restaurant and Lounge BOND as well as our exceptional service and location in downtown Boston. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Boston soon.

Managing Director

Been to The Langham, Boston? Share your experiences!