“Well situated in the business district” 4 of 5 stars

Up to 20% off!
Ranked #24 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
PARIS
“Well situated in the business district”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed at the Langham 3 nights in december as part of a business trip I did in Boston. My overall impression was very good.
- The hotel is well situated in the middle of the business district, so it only took me 5 mn to get to my meetings. Also the hotel is not far from Quincy market, which offered me the opportunity to do some shopping in the evening.
- Hotel itself is very clean, service level is very good, staff is nice and welcoming
- Rooms are big and very comfortable (although not very modern which I usually prefer)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Wendymon,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us at The Langham Boston in December. I am pleased that you found our location well situated and ideal for both your business and leisure needs. It is always great to hear that you found our staff welcoming and our accommodations confortable. We hope to welcome you back to The Langham on your next trip to Boston.
Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Barnstable, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed one Friday night a couple of weeks ago after attendung a function nearby. Our check-in was smooth and the service was exceptional. The package we had included free valet parking for the one night and also a full breakfast the next morning.
The room was notoverly large but very comfortable and well stocked with all the amenities one could need or want.
When we retuned from our evening out we hoped to get a drink in one of the lounges, however the only one open that late was Bond. Being a Friday night it was packed with twenty somethings and each one was trying to outshout the others. The music was deafening. We got our drink and went back to the room. The staff was very polite and understanding. But, be aware.
The breakfast was very good nd since the original Langham was in London, the tilt was towards english fare. I had the "Original Langham" and it enough that I didn't need any more food until a late supper back home.
Another nice feature is checkout is 12:00 unlike most other hotels at 11:00.

Room Tip: Try for the 9th floor. It is the top floor, but don't expect much of s view. It's surround...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear CapeCouple,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at The Langham Boston. I am delighted to read that you had overall an enjoyable stay with us and that you have found our accommodations comfortable as well as our Langham Breakfast to your liking. We hope that on your next stay at The Langham, you will be able to enjoy an afternoon tea or a glass of champagne at our newly opened Lobby Lounge, The Reserve. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Boston and to The Langham soon.
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed here on the first night of our honeymoon and didn't get the upgrade to the loft suite that had been implied (subject to availability). Classic rooms are quite small and only free wifi in common parts. Wasn't the grand start to our trip in New England that we'd hoped for. The pool and hot tub were nice though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Emma R,

First, let me thank you for choosing The Langham for your Honeymoon trip to Boston in October 2012. I am, of course, saddened to read about your disappointing experience while staying at our property. After having investigated the matter, we did indeed find the source of your reservation, however if the promise of an upgrade to a suite was made to you upon reserving your trip it was not communicated to us although we had been notified in due course that you were on your honeymoon. It is customary for the Langham Boston to automatically upgrade honeymooners to the category above the one initially reserved, however this can only be done based on availability. It is unfortunate that we were not in a position to do it on this particular occasion due to the fact that our property was in a sellout situation as it is generally the case at this time of the year. Nonetheless we did I believe acknowledge the fact that you were on your honeymoon by extending our special amenities.
I am sorry that we have disappointed you and your husband and I would like to wish you both all the very best.

Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The only complaint I have about the Langham is that my husband and I often felt out of place - this hotel is beautiful and classy and we're more comfortable in jeans and sneakers. Regardless, I would definitely recommend the hotel! After a 4-night stay in December, I have a few thoughts:

*Location: although the financial district is relatively deserted during evening/weekend hours, we never felt unsafe walking to/from the subway or wherever we chose to eat dinner. While there's not much right on the doorstep, we never felt the need to get a cab (not even to the airport)! Prepare for at least a 5-10 minute walk to any destination.
*Room: we had a standard king room. It wasn't anything extraordinary, but definitely a step above your average hotel room. The housekeeping staff did a great job (although the turndown hours were a bit unpredictable. One night they came while we were getting ready for dinner, another night we had already gotten back for the evening when she showed up).
*Pool: The pool and locker room were great! We went down there each day of our stay and only shared the area with another guest once.
*Restaurant/Bar: The weekend breakfast buffet was AMAZING! We went to the bar around 8 the first night we stayed and felt terribly out of place because we weren't there for the "club" that starts at 10. It was also frustrating that many of the tables were reserved for later in the evening, so we didn't have anywhere to just sit and enjoy a few drinks before turning in for the night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear asmith826,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Langham Boston in December. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us overall and that you loved our Breakfast Buffet. I will share your comments regarding Turn Down Service and your feedback for BOND with the respective departments. During your next stay with us, please be sure to make use of our complimentary Pink Taxi to take you around Boston. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Recently my daughter and I spent a few nights at the Langham. It was truly exceptional. From our arrival to our departure all the staff were helpful and friendly. We found Keith the concierge especially helpful and went out of his way to find tickets to college hockey for us. The room was kept clean and pristine. It was a wonderful stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Sweeties_11,

Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay at The Langham Boston. I am delighted that you and your daughter had a wonderful stay with us and that you found our staff friendly and welcoming. I have shared your feedback with Keith and look forward to welcoming you and your daughter back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was on a business trip in the Financial District in Boston and picked the Langham based on TripAdvisor reviews. I was not disappointed. If you are heading to the Financial District, the Langham is right in the middle so the location is great from that perspective. Its a very nice "4 star" hotel. Not quite as posh as the Ritz-Carlton or Boston Harbor hotels but also, much more affordable from a relative perspective. ($200 - $300 a night)

I got the standard king room and it was a nice room. Clean and comfortable but not as spacious as some higher end hotels. You can see from the pictures. The bed was comfortable and I didn't hear any sounds from nearby rooms. The decor presents itself as a more traditional without being overly ornate. I found the TV to be a bit small viewing from the bed (can see in the pictures) but by no means, a problem. The views are generally of the downtown area so no amazing views for the most part.

I didn't eat at the hotel but there is a pretty trendy bar right next door called The Bond. I say trendy from the look of the bar. I am not local so I can't actually tell whether it is trendy but we were there on a Thursday night and it was reasonably crowded.

The location for sight seeing is not as ideal in my opinion. T stops (train) and Fanueil Hall are several blocks away so you can walk it but its not right by the hotel. Its also not around Copley Place, Fenway or other typical tourist areas. However, if I was in town for business again, I would definitely stay at this nice hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear gnasty71,
Thank you for your recent review of our property. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you have found our accommodations to your liking. I do hope that you will return to The Langham and have a chance to experience our three distinct dining outlets; The Reserve lounge, BOND Restaurant and Bar, and our Café Fleuri or make use of our complimentary Pink Taxi to take you and our guests to numerous destinations in Boston. Thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The Langham Boston lived up to it's reputation. The housekeeping staff could not have done more. The room was keep immaculate and the turn down service with chocolates on our pillows every night was the iceing on the cake.
Everything we wanted to see was in walking distance. I did not find the reception staff very warm as i have done in many other hotels but that was not really a problem.
I would highly reccommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Boston area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
langhamboston, General Manager at The Langham, Boston, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Jacquie 17,
Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that The Langham Boston has lived up to our reputation and that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am delighted to hear that our housekeeping team looked after you and made your stay that much more special! I am happy to hear that you found our location to be ideal and within walking distance. I have shared your comment regarding the Reception staff with our Front Office team. Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your experience with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham on your next visit to Boston. Serge Denis
Managing Director

Been to The Langham, Boston? Share your experiences!