“A very good hotel in Boston” 4 of 5 stars

Up to 20% off!
Ranked #24 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hong Kong
“A very good hotel in Boston”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I loved this hotel and very much appreciated the furniture and the beauty of it as well as a very set of attentive staff. In particular Yan Yan Chen the housekeeper was excellent and kept my room spotless every day.
The only thing that prevents me giving the highest rating to this hotel is the fact that the bathroom whilst super clean was quite small without a proper rainforest or walk in shower - I know many hotels in the US do not have that but I think an hotel charging over 250 bucks should have that to get an excellent rating. In addition i would expect room service to be 24 hours rather than till 11pm again for an excellent hotel, and I would also expect the internet to be better although the IT support were excellent.
Location is great, and there are always taxis outside. The tv is very good and i particularly appreciate the HBO plus additional HBO stations. room service was good, laundry was good, and the writing paper and pens etc were a delight as well as the books about the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Tripoli, Libya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The Hotel, is superb, very elegant, very well located, the services and the amenities are excellent. The staff very professional.
Due to its rank, the limousine courtesy services shall be taken into consideration and activated.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Langham Hotels

Lincs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed here with friends for 4 nights in September and loved the hotel There is not much happening close to the hotel but it is only a ten minute or so walk to Faneiul marketplace, Freedom trail and Waterfront which was fine.
We had a superior room which was very comfortable although not very big and we appreciated the turndown service. We found the staff very polite and helpful especially the 2 housekeeping girls. We didnt use the bar or restaurant so cant comment on them. We were disappointed to find the Sunday Brunch was not on while we stayed as we had heard so many good reviews. The indoor pool was really appreciated we managed to have a quick swim before we set out each day, and we.used to walk down in our lovely fluffy dressing gowns.
I would recommend the 2 day hop on hop tour off if it is your first visit to Boston we did full tour one day including a harbour trip and then just stopped of where we fancied the second day, including trip to Harvard.
All in all it was a lovely stay and would stay again if the price was right.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Barrington, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We have finally found our fav boston hotel.
My first stay at Langham in Boston, also first Langham experience outside of Langham Place at PEK airport. Now, bsed on the PEK location, I had high expectations. The L Boston exceeded in everyway.

I arrived at 7am after a red eye back from LAX. It was raining and I could not get a cab from South Station. Yes in hind sight, should have taken a cab... I walked into theLangham drenched. Not only did they get me a towel before I checked in, they even moved things around to let give me access to my a room! at 7am! This was a conf week and hotel was full. THis allowed me to freshen up and change before going to my conference. Normally, this would not be possible in most hotels, and would not be a big deal, but considering I was wet from the rain, this was a big help to me...

I am a gateway member and member benefits were in the room when I got upstairs.

Location is very convenient for all. 25min walk to convention center. 7 min walk to Omni Parker House (boston common), Quincy market. 10-15min from South station and Childrens museum. Location is similar to Hilton downtown (2 blocks away), but rooms, service, overall much better than Hilton (seems to be a trend here, Langham beating similarly priced and located Hilton, just like PEK). Intercon location is closer to Childrens museum, but all other stes are about a wash, service and rooms similar, but Langham just feels much more at home.

My family drove up from RI to join me a common occurrence when I have a room in Boston. Check in was easy for them. Asked my wife which of the recent downtown hotels we stayed at in the past 2 months in Boston, no hesitation with Langham being the best. My for year old chose L Hotel vs I and H hotel.

Made a mistake with parking. Valet is $42, which is normal for Boston downtown. Tried to save a few $$ self parking next door. $40/day no tip. BUT, thei day ends at 5am. So in 2m, out 1pm next was 2 days $80. Bet Langham would have charged me just the $42 + tip. Wont make that mistake again...

Lobby bar is nice, great seating for business and leisure. Dessert selection is small, but delicious. prices were reasonable as well.

Already booked another room for after thanksgiving trip. Not oftendo we love a hotel, this on we love.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The Langham, Boston was an oasis of calm in an otherwise hectic (but fabulous) trip to Boston in late October. From the effortless check in to charmimg goodbye several days later this hotel was as luxurious and warmly comforting as the fluffy bathrobes provided in my room.
The room style is old world Parisian, spacious and with lots of thoughtful modern touches to make your stay easy and comfortable. I was there for a wedding and housekeeping helped out with all sorts of items I forgot - from cellotape and scissors; iPhone charger adaptors and teaching me to use the coffee machine; to an excellent dry cleaning service. Nothing was too much trouble.
Located in the heart of Boston's financial district, it would be perfect should you be visiting on business but also worked for me as a tourist. It is also close to Little Italy and Chinatown and within walking distance to the harbour and the Boston public gardens. The valet parking service is also cheaper than using any of the nearby parking garages so do take advantage of it if you have a car there (as I did).
I have stayed at a few hotels in Boston and The Langham is definitely the standout.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My recent stay at the Langham was simply great. The hotel is clean, sophisticated, well staffed and comfortable. I was there during Hurricane Sandy and the steps they took to keep the clients informed and taken care of was exceptional. Its located well in the financial district and they make great efforts to ensure you are getting everything you need. The rooms were very nicely appointed and the services throughout the day in the room were excellent. They leave notes about the next day's weather at the turn down service. The security in the lobby makes you feel very safe and welcomed.
I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for only one night on a weekend to Boston and although it's one of the pricier hotels I've stayed in recently, the service and facilities are amazing and if you want to spend a little extra cash, it definitely is a relaxing way to do so. The beds are VERY comfortable and the rooms have all those little extra bits and pieces you expect in a high-end hotel. Really close walking distance to anything you need. The Bond bar inside the hotel is a must for pre-dinner drinks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Langham, Boston? Share your experiences!