We have finally found our fav boston hotel.
My first stay at Langham in Boston, also first Langham experience outside of Langham Place at PEK airport. Now, bsed on the PEK location, I had high expectations. The L Boston exceeded in everyway.
I arrived at 7am after a red eye back from LAX. It was raining and I could not get a cab from South Station. Yes in hind sight, should have taken a cab... I walked into theLangham drenched. Not only did they get me a towel before I checked in, they even moved things around to let give me access to my a room! at 7am! This was a conf week and hotel was full. THis allowed me to freshen up and change before going to my conference. Normally, this would not be possible in most hotels, and would not be a big deal, but considering I was wet from the rain, this was a big help to me...
I am a gateway member and member benefits were in the room when I got upstairs.
Location is very convenient for all. 25min walk to convention center. 7 min walk to Omni Parker House (boston common), Quincy market. 10-15min from South station and Childrens museum. Location is similar to Hilton downtown (2 blocks away), but rooms, service, overall much better than Hilton (seems to be a trend here, Langham beating similarly priced and located Hilton, just like PEK). Intercon location is closer to Childrens museum, but all other stes are about a wash, service and rooms similar, but Langham just feels much more at home.
My family drove up from RI to join me a common occurrence when I have a room in Boston. Check in was easy for them. Asked my wife which of the recent downtown hotels we stayed at in the past 2 months in Boston, no hesitation with Langham being the best. My for year old chose L Hotel vs I and H hotel.
Made a mistake with parking. Valet is $42, which is normal for Boston downtown. Tried to save a few $$ self parking next door. $40/day no tip. BUT, thei day ends at 5am. So in 2m, out 1pm next was 2 days $80. Bet Langham would have charged me just the $42 + tip. Wont make that mistake again...
Lobby bar is nice, great seating for business and leisure. Dessert selection is small, but delicious. prices were reasonable as well.
Already booked another room for after thanksgiving trip. Not oftendo we love a hotel, this on we love.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham, Boston Hotel
- The Langham, Boston Hotel Boston
- The Langham Boston
- Langham Hotel Boston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Housed in a famous architectural landmark, The Langham, Boston offers a unique blend of history, charm and urban sophistication. The hotel is in Boston's financial district and within a 5 min walk to Faneuil Hall Marketplace. It is also steps away from the Boston Harbor, the North End, Boston's finest shopping district, major colleges and universities, theaters, and the Freedom Trail to name a few. The Langham, Boston is ideally located for both business and pleasure and offers three delectable dining options,the Reserve, a refined champagne lounge which serves a continental breakfast selection and offers dining from dawn until dusk with a menu featuring soups, salads and light entrees, along with beer, wine and champagne and the Langham's traditional British Tiffin Afternoon Tea. Bond is a premiere destination for cosmopolitan dining, cocktails and entertainment. Cafe Fleuri offers contemporary New England cuisine for full breakfast and Lunch (mon-fri)and our decadent Saturday Chocolate Bar and renowned Sunday Brunch. All guests at the Langham Hotel enjoy our signature Langham Turn Down service, plush robes and slippers, and full complimentary use of the fitness center and indoor heated pool and jacuzzi in our charming and intimate pool pavilion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your The Langham, Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.