“Thank you for the pampering...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lenox Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Lenox Hotel to your Saves list
The Lenox Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   61 Exeter Street at Boylston, Boston, MA 02116-2699 (Back Bay)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #6 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Shanghai, China
“Thank you for the pampering...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

From the minute I stepped out of the taxicab, I was treated like a queen, from every single staff member of the Lenox Hotel. No request was too large. The intimate atmosphere, friendliness of the staff, lovely room and excellent bar all combined to make my stay superb. Thank you to Ashley, Nina, Jonathan and Mallory for a fantastic stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I came to Boston for 2 days on business and stayed at the Lenox because of it's proximity to where I needed to be. I chose the hotel due to it's high rating, and got a good price.

The hotel is not very big, but that is good.... it's in a great location right on Boylston near the Pru. You can walk to a lot of the attractions in Boston, but also close to public transportation if so inclined.

I parked my car with the valet, which at $45/night wasn't cheap, but heard that nearby parking garages are in the $30/night range, so not too bad considering I didn't have to park or get the car myself. The valet service was fast when I needed to get my car, and they always were polite and attentive.

The room was a little small, but it served it's purpose. It was clean, the bed and bedding were nice and comfortable. It had a large walk in closet, which is actually great, because you can put all your luggage/clothes in there and not have to worry about keeping them around the room.

The bathroom was small as well, but was well appointed and had good products in it.

I ordered in room dining for breakfast on the first morning, and it was delivered on time and was quite good. Day two I went down to City Table (the hotel restaurant) and had breakfast there. It was also very good. The prices were not bad at all considering it was downtown Boston.

All in all, I had a very pleasant stay at the Lenox and would certainly come back when I am in Boston again and want to stay in the Back Bay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

What an experience!!!!!! We spent 2 nights in the Lexon in November 2012 and couldn't ask for more. Despite the age of the building, the lifts are very quick. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and the City Bar was very cosy but the most efficient service by our waitress Kristy ever, we were never waiting for anything, made us feel like VIP's which is always nice when you are away from home. The hotel is also an easy walk from most attractions and cool eateries.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I previously stayed at the Lenox last year on a business trip and gave it a glowing 5-star review. When it came to returning back this year (on a business trip again) I was looking forward to staying here again. However, I didn't such a great experience this time around. I'm not sure if this is a sign of standards slipping or if it means I just got lucky last time...

First up, the room was much, much smaller than before (despite it being the same type). I guess it's just the luck of the draw which one you get. I really could've done with more closet space - it was tiny - not even big enough to squeeze in my medium-sized suitcase. The bathroom was also small too and felt a bit claustrophobic.

Also I had a problem with the TV which was never really resolved. It wouldn't switch on at first, then when it did, it would intermittently come on and go off. I quickly reported and they sent up an engineer. After trying various things he eventually brought me a "new" TV which worked for the first evening, but the same problems returned the following evening. I didn't have an hour to wait to get it fixed again, plus I was only there for one more night, so I didn't report it. This wasn't such a big deal as I didn't spend that much time in the room but, to be honest, the whole thing felt a bit sloppy (especially since the engineer assured me it was a new TV).

Room service was another negative. Not a huge selection, way overpriced (I paid $30 for a sandwich and a beer) and when it arrived it was dry and rather tasteless. Needless to say I only ordered this one night... My advice would be to eat downstairs at the restaurant or the bar. The food is delicious!

The good points: the room was spotlessly clean, the toiletries (Aveda) were great, and the peanut M&Ms at turn-down and free coffee/tea in the lobby were nice touches.

Overall, it's still a good hotel. I was just let-down after having such an excellent stay last year. And it did make me consider whether I got lucky and it was just a one-off. For that reason, I don't think the Lenox would be my first choice again next time I'm in Boston.

• Stayed November 2012
Land O Lakes, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

First I want to thank all the staff at The Lennox for making our short stay in Boston very memorable. From check-in to check-out everything was the best. We would definitely stay here on our next visit to Boston.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Greenfield MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The great reviews we had read of this hotel were true. Everyone was friendly so it had more of a feel of a small inn. The three restaurants, bars, were much more inviting than the typical hotel fare. We did not catch his name but the doorman( we think) guided us to two seats at the City Table bar( after asking a woman to move over one) and then told the bartender our drinks were on him.We go to Boston fairly often and the price would be the only thing to hold us back from staying at the Lenox on a regular basis.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Appledore, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I hve recently returned from a third stay at The Lenox in Boston, Boston is a vibrant, interesting and civilised city and The Lenox is ideally positioned to enjoy every aspect of the place. We walked to the river, for a pleasant stroll before unpacking. There are two huge malls a few minutes walk from the hotel, Boston Library is almost next door, the subway station is closer still and there is a massive supermarket nearby too. The welcome upon arrival is warm; the staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly and can provide any information needed to enhance once's stay. The rooms are comfortable and the reception areas particularly pleasant. We will be back.

Room Tip: We have stayed in three different parts of the hotel and each has been equally convenient and comfor...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Lenox Hotel? Share your experiences!