“Wonderful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lenox Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Lenox Hotel to your Saves list
The Lenox Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   61 Exeter Street at Boylston, Boston, MA 02116-2699 (Back Bay)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
15% off Summer Stays!
Ranked #5 of 77 hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Miami, Florida, United States
“Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We were so incredibly pleased with our recent stay at The Lenox. The suite we had was really beautiful and spacious. The amenities were my favorite (L'Occitane) and the room was very comfortable. The location in the Back Bay is the best! We parked our car and didn't move it until we left. Everything is within walking distance. The service is great. Looking forward to returning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

2,281 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Turkish first
ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I travelled with my husband and 3 friends to the Lenox hotel for 6 nights the first week of November. As we had visited this hotel in October 2009 we decided to try it again as we very impressed with the hotel, service and quality. I was delighted to see that the hotel is just as charming and staff so friendly as I remembered it 2 years ago. We had a corner room on the 9th floor as it was great. When we mentioned it on check in that we had stayed there before we were asked to have some drinks sent up to us on the house as a token of our group staying there again. The only downside to the hotel is the horrible Irish bar Solas what a let down.Staff were so rude and very unfriendly. I would recommend the Lenox hotel to anyone who is looking for a great hotel with 1st class service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

A last minute booking and what a gem. Cost a little more than I normally spend but the comfort, service and location were worth every cent.

It's an old style hotel with old style service. The bell boys and concierge not only great to look at but full of information and helpful hints. Makes giving out tips worth it when they actually show an interest in you and what you are doing.

Special mention to the waiters in the in house restaurant for their great suggestions and relaxed service style. Loved the food too. Wow. And also to the driver who got me to the airport so quickly. Forget the taxi and take the hotel car. Might be $5 more than a taxi but well worth the peace of mind and you get great conversation on the way.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I can't say enough about this wonderful hotel. We had an excellent stay there and I would not hesitate to go back.

The Good:

- Super staff, very friendly and helpful
- The location in Back Bay is ideal
- Close to the subway
- Walking distance to many attractions
- Spacious room
- Chocolates on our pillow every night (very few hotels still do that)
- The hotel scent in the lobby is nice - not overbearing (you can purchase a candle with the scent)
- Near many restaurants
- As a runner I was happy that it was close to the river - beautiful paths to run along there.
- Comfortable beds, pillows
- Upon check-in the staff gave cloth bags to the kids with markers

The Bad? Nothing really. Parking in Boston is expensive. You can use the valet parking or you can park your car yourself. Check the hotel website for the parking garage coupon - print it and bring it with you - present it at the end of your stay when paying the parking attendant. Well worth it.

It's a great hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kaliua, HI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My college roommates and I have few and far between weekends together. We deliberately selected the Lenox for its location and also for the option for a larger room we could sit and chat in (compared to some other Back Bay hotels we've all stayed at on different, separate trips). Our room was spacious, and we enjoyed the corner room views. The Bose stereo came in handy and each of our phones took a turn playing music. The fridge was also a nice place to store our wine. I did not appreciate that there were only 2 glasses in the entire room. I honestly would have expected "regular" glasses for the bathroom and highball or wine glasses next to the ice bucket. Instead, we had to call down to housekeeping just to order extra glasses. When our room was cleaned, the extra glasses weren't noted and replaced, which at this price point I expected. Our beds were extremely comfortable. As other reviewers state-- the location was fantastic, we were able to walk outside the door and eat brunch at Stephanie's, shop up and down Boylston and Newbury and take quick cab rides to the North End. The smell really is fantastic. My girlfriends and I actually ordered candles to be shipped to us (the hotel had sold out) as mementos of our stay!

Room Tip: Corner room had a lot of sun
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I first visited The Lenox in April 2010 (see previous review) and we were so impressed then that we thought we would round off a 10 day trip to New England by returning there again. It is a very special hotel, not just because of the quality of its rooms; but because everyone is so helpful. It is a 'can do' sort of place...and having stayed in 5 hotels in MA and RI on this trip, this is what marks it out as something very special. If you need something - they will always try to provide. If you do something silly, they don't make you feel small. All of the staff we encountered on our 2 night stay were - without exception - courteous and friendly. They actually seemed to want to help!

I gather that my son emailed them to tell them it was our anniversary, and a bottle of wine and a hand written note was in our room on arrival welcoming us back. On our 1st night - when I asked at Reception if a hot drink was easily available - hot chocolate was delivered to our room...gratis as it turned out.

Thank you, Lenox for reminding me of what a Hotel can and should be like. All I have to do now is pay off my credit card bill...but worth every penny...sorry cent! We hope to return again one day.

Room Tip: All rooms are good...just some are a little bit better. Ones that look outwards especially....
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at the Lenox for six days at the end of October 2012 for business.
I paid the standard Superior King Room Rate and was given a room on the top floor (11th)
the room itself, is clean, with an antique feel with their bed/furniture. The mattress was extremely comfortable, the desk appropriate size and also a mini-fridge to store food/drinks. You are provided with two complimentary bottle of water each day. The bathroom was a shower in a bath tub, with soap/amenities provided, and the bathroom of reasonable size.

Two main things that impressed me with the Lenox
1. Staff: friendly, helpful, particularly Kelly and Kristie, who helped me prior to arrival and during.
2. Location: although my conference was at the Boston Convention Centre, I chose to stay in the backbay area. Certainly not walking distance, but the subway only 100m away, i could easily get to the conference and many other places. Having Bolyston St, Newbury St, and the two malls (Prudential and Copley) gave an abundant array of shopping choices. Also, lots of places to eat nearby and within the malls too. All outside the doorstep of the Lenox. Having a Shaws supermarker essentially next door was handy.

Highly recommend, and will stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Lenox Hotel? Share your experiences!