This is below my minimum and should be below IHG's as well. I am platinum in their frequent-guest program and have been for years so I have plenty of experience with Holiday Inns. This is a poorly-maintained property. The room was small, stuffy and overlooked a dreary alley with some seedy bars. I did not feel safe here. The bathroom was awful. The door didn't open or close without a struggle. Same with the closet door. The toilet seat was a thrill ride (or a safety hazard). The shower was MOLDY. The bedding smelled like dirty socks. The carpet was not clean in the room, but far worse in common areas and stairs.
But the worst part was the people. The valet parking, and there is no other choice, is slow, rude and $40 per day! When I asked the guy at the desk for a bottle of water my second night, he wanted to charge me $1.50. I reminded him I am platinum and I will review this hotel and he reluctantly offered me one for free. This hotel seems to exist solely to exploit foreign workers and rip off (mostly) foreign guests. I stay in other big cities frequently (I was in NYC before here) and do not have that impression. Skip this hotel. There are others much nicer and cleaner nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Wifi and hot breakfast. Located across from North Station and the TD Garden making us the closest hotel to the Garden, home to both the Celtics and the Bruins. Boston is a walking city and the hotel is central to all the historic neighborhoods and attractions you want to visit. The hotel is in walking distance to many of Boston’s historic sites, Faneuil Hall, Paul Reveres house, Boston Harbor, Beacon Hill and the Freedom Trail. With many great restaurants and attractions also in easy reach this hotel in Boston’s North End is an ideal location for your next visit.Business travelers appreciate that the hotel is near the financial center, the Government Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Spaulding Rehabilitation Center and Massachusetts Eye Ear Center. Boston is home of many of the world’s finest colleges and the hotel is located in within minutes of many of them; Harvard, Yale, Cambridge, MIT and Boston College.Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston Garden has an unbeatable location with valet parking and complimentary hot breakfast, 24-hour fitness room, business center and WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Boston Garden
- Holiday Inn Express Boston
- Holiday Inn Boston