My husband and I checked into the Mandarin with our 4-month old infant for two nights during Thanksgiving weekend to be close to family staying nearby. We live in the area, so we are very familiar with Boston and all of the high-end accommodations here. Overall, I was very impressed.
First of all, the hotel is really beautiful. Design-wise, it is not too distinctive - it feels like a luxury hotel - but they have all the amenities you'd expect and the finishes are top of the line. The room was elegant, but not exactly spacious. The bed was really comfortable, and the bathroom was gorgeous. We really appreciated that there were no pay-per-view movies - instead the hotel will bring you a Blu-ray DVD player and a list of DVDs to choose from - for free. Their selection was very current and diverse enough.
The service was remarkable. Everyone was friendly, phone calls were answered promptly, and special requests were honored quickly. When we asked for our DVD player, an engineer was at our door within 5 minutes. While he was connecting the cables, the phone in our room rang - the operator was apologizing that it had taken the engineer so long to get to us. We had to laugh!
The same attentiveness and speed applied to room service. The orders were filled quickly and arrived within 5 minutes of the promised time. Again, all special requests were handled perfectly.
Most impressive was the hotel's attitude towards children. When we checked in, we found that our room had been completely childproofed ahead of our arrival. All outlets were covered and every sharp corner was padded with foam. The crib we had requested was waiting for us, with a box of baby amenities tucked inside, including diapers, wipes, soap, rubber duckies and a teddy bear. It was pretty amazing.
I am so happy for families planning to travel to Boston that there is a new option in town. I love The Four Seasons hotel dearly - and they are similarly kid-friendly over there- but this is in a slightly different neighborhood, and the indoor connection to the shopping mecca contained within the Prudential Center and Copley Place makes this a perfect home base for exploring Boston during the colder months.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Boston Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental, Boston Hotel Boston
- Mandarin Oriental Boston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, luxurious hotel, Mandarin Oriental, Boston combines classic New England elegance with refined Oriental touches to create one of the most distinctive hospitality experiences in the region. Awarded both Forbes Five-Stars and AAA Five-Diamonds, Mandarin Oriental, Boston features 148 guestrooms and suites over 14 floors, delighting its guests with the finest facilities and service, innovative dining experiences and an unparalleled holistic Five-Star awarded spa. A short, 15-minute drive to Logan International Airport, Mandarin Oriental, Boston connects guests to the city's finest shopping, cultural venues and business institutions from its prime location in the heart of the chic Back Bay on Boylston Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel, Prestigia, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.