“Hands Down The Best Hotel In Boston” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
High Speed Internet On Us
Ranked #6 of 77 hotels in Boston
Hingham, Massachusetts
“Hands Down The Best Hotel In Boston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Rooms are sensational, service is exeptional and you can't beat the location. My wife and I stay at the Mandarin Boston every year for our anniversary, it's alway have a fantastic stay. My wife raves about the Spa.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MOBostonResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Boston, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Roy L,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stays with us at Mandarin Oriental, Boston. We are delighted to hear that you and your wife join us each year in honor of your anniversary. We look forward to helping you celebrate many more years of happiness and wedded bliss.

281 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
West Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Just returned from a 4 night stay at The Mandarin Oriental Boston and it was exceptional!

Upon arrival we were greeted by a helpful bell boy who took our luggage and lead us to reception. Check in was efficient and friendly. We were allocated our rooms, numbers 525 and 527; both of the Back Bay category.

The rooms were beautifully appointed with a view to the front of the hotel. Every conceivable convenience and comfort had been thought of. The rooms were large with walk in wardrobe, seating area, writing desk, large tv and mini bar.

Bathrooms were wow! Walk in shower, bath and separate toilet. Toiletries were luxurious. Fluffy towels and robes provided.

The bed was very comfortable with Frette bed linen, pure luxury!

Maid service was discreet and efficient.

Whilst there my partner and I used the gym and again it was without fault.. Each station having towels and water. Headphones (disposable) were supplied for tv/radio and fruit and cold towels for post workout.

Breakfast in the Asana restaurant was excellent. The menu was varied and the portions more than enough to start the day. Beverages were also replenished as required. Staff great.

I must pay special thanks to the staff at the Mandarin Oriental, especially Kelly the concierge and Tim the bell boy. Nothing was too much trouble.

Another nice touch of this hotel is the direct undercover access to the Prudential shopping Plaza.

The lobby area provided a welcome rendezvous for afternoon tea/drinks.

Superb location for sightseeing, shopping and restaurants.

A truly fabulous luxury hotel with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Wonderful experience from start to finish.

Bravo Mandarin Oriental Boston!

Room Tip: Worth paying extra for Back Bay rooms
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear discerningsingle,

It was an absolute delight to read about your recent experience with us at Mandarin Oriental, Boston. We appreciate your kind remarks very much and hope to welcome you and your family back to Boston in the near future.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My conference was held at this hotel. From walking through the doors I was greeted as a valued guest. I have never felt so comfortable in a luxury hotel as I did here. I was always greeted by name and felt comfortable sitting in their elegant foyer. The room was superb with upscale furnishings and very comfortable couch and bed. The room was facing the back of the hotel and looked over a manicured lawn. The bathroom was the best I have experienced with tub and walkin showed along with seperate toilet closet. The very large room was without defect and spotlessly clean. In addition the hotel is internally connected to the Prodential Center, so no need to brave the cold if you wanted an evening stroll before retiring. This truely felt like my home away from home.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms would be a pleasure to stay in.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear westwindsor,

Many thanks for taking the time to post about your stay with us earlier this year. We are very appreciative of your kind remarks and look forward to welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental, Boston in the near future.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Just because I am staying at your hotel don't call me madame 100 times.... or repeat my name 100 times...other than that and skimpy on the large towels(unless asked) it was very good. The restaurant has a french press coffee that was very good. Love Boston

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

About a year ago, I had planned a conference for 40 people at the Mandarin in Boston. Everything went well, and Kara Churchman, the events coordinator was superb. After leaving I was sent an online review form, where I provided positive and constructive feedback. I was pleasantly surprised when someone followed up with me to extend the offer of another stay at the Mandarin in Boston at our discounted conference rate. What wonderful customer service!

My husband and I just returned this past weekend to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. We were upgraded to a Mandarin Back Bay room with an enormous bath and fabulous views of Back Bay. Also, when we returned to our room after lunch on the first day, a bottle of champagne and a chocolate cake was waiting for us. Instead of hitting First Friday in the South End, we enjoyed our champagne in our Mandarin robes and slippers cuddling on the comfy couch in our room. What a treat!

They only thing I could improve would be the pillows, which look fluffy and supportive, but flatten down to next to nothing. I used two, but it wasn't ideal.

The location of the Mandarin is outstanding. First, it's connected to the Prudential and Copley Malls. We walked everywhere: Fanieul Hall, the North End, MFA, and along the Esplande. The selection of restaurants in the area is outstanding. We ate breakfast at Trident Booksellers on Newbury, and dinners at Forum and Deuxave.

The staff is well versed in customer service and goes out of their way to make you feel special. The rooms are new, huge and well appointed. They even provide a yoga mat. The gym fitness center is well equipped. The onsite spa is truly special.

Stay at the Mandarin. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear MaineMOM2,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Mandarin Oriental, Boston and for highlighting some areas that you particularly enjoyed. We hope to have the pleasure of your company for your next business meeting, the next milestone celebration in your family or for a Boston getaway.

Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I like the MO because it is elegant, understated, great rooms and great service - this experience was no different.

We arrived during Hurricane Sandy and the staff were exemplary. For a start we had accidentally booked the wrong dates but this was quickly rectified and the same room type was found for us as smooth as silk. Our daughter's university visits had been cancelled due to the hurricane but the gentleman at reception took the trouble to find out which unis we had wanted to visit and sent up info packages on each to our room.

Both room and bathroom were spacious with lovely amenities (although I personally am not keen on their blood orange range). Great stay and great staff.

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet choose a room overlooking the garden square. Of course the higher up you...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The Mandarin is a lovely hotel. The service is amazing. Everyone is helpful and extremely conscientious. We were celebrating two special occasions. I really wanted our celebration to be special and the hotel was amazing. We were upgraded and our room was huge. It was located next to the elevator which I normally do not like, but the room is so well laid out that I did not hear any noise from the elevator. The bathroom was absolutely gorgeous! It might be the best bathroom I have ever encountered. I would definitely stay again.

I scheduled several spa treatments and everyone at the spa was remarkable. All our treatments were excellent and the spa is fantastic. I would definitely go again and would encourage everyone I know to go to the Mandarin Spa. It would be perfect if there was a coed waiting room.

I really think that the only shortcoming is Asana. The food is only okay. For dinner, the presentation was unimpressive and the food was only okay. Though our allergies were listed, they were ignored and I was served a course that included one of the listed ingredients. The service and food at breakfast was sorely lacking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Boston? Share your experiences!