About a year ago, I had planned a conference for 40 people at the Mandarin in Boston. Everything went well, and Kara Churchman, the events coordinator was superb. After leaving I was sent an online review form, where I provided positive and constructive feedback. I was pleasantly surprised when someone followed up with me to extend the offer of another stay at the Mandarin in Boston at our discounted conference rate. What wonderful customer service!
My husband and I just returned this past weekend to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. We were upgraded to a Mandarin Back Bay room with an enormous bath and fabulous views of Back Bay. Also, when we returned to our room after lunch on the first day, a bottle of champagne and a chocolate cake was waiting for us. Instead of hitting First Friday in the South End, we enjoyed our champagne in our Mandarin robes and slippers cuddling on the comfy couch in our room. What a treat!
They only thing I could improve would be the pillows, which look fluffy and supportive, but flatten down to next to nothing. I used two, but it wasn't ideal.
The location of the Mandarin is outstanding. First, it's connected to the Prudential and Copley Malls. We walked everywhere: Fanieul Hall, the North End, MFA, and along the Esplande. The selection of restaurants in the area is outstanding. We ate breakfast at Trident Booksellers on Newbury, and dinners at Forum and Deuxave.
The staff is well versed in customer service and goes out of their way to make you feel special. The rooms are new, huge and well appointed. They even provide a yoga mat. The gym fitness center is well equipped. The onsite spa is truly special.
Stay at the Mandarin. You won't be disappointed.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Boston Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental, Boston Hotel Boston
- Mandarin Oriental Boston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, luxurious hotel, Mandarin Oriental, Boston combines classic New England elegance with refined Oriental touches to create one of the most distinctive hospitality experiences in the region. Awarded both Forbes Five-Stars and AAA Five-Diamonds, Mandarin Oriental, Boston features 148 guestrooms and suites over 14 floors, delighting its guests with the finest facilities and service, innovative dining experiences and an unparalleled holistic Five-Star awarded spa. A short, 15-minute drive to Logan International Airport, Mandarin Oriental, Boston connects guests to the city's finest shopping, cultural venues and business institutions from its prime location in the heart of the chic Back Bay on Boylston Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel, Prestigia, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.