“Great Café Feel and Food” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
City Feed
Boylston, Boston, MA 02130 (Jamaica Plain / Mission Hill)
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,249 of 2,835 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Takeout
Neighborhood: Jamaica Plain / Mission Hill
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Café Feel and Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I brought my mom here for breakfast to show her my "local eats" while she was visiting me. Her and I are lucky to be spoiled by amazing cafés and great food where I'm from, so I couldn't wait to see what she thought of City Feed.

We had (and shared, of course) a sausage and egg sandwich on an English muffin and lox on a multi seed bagel. My mother and I were so taken with the English muffin, which was so obviously fresh and not your average "out of the package" kind. It was wonderfully tasty, sour dough bread. The bagel was fresh and chewy and full of flavor from the seeds. The lox sandwich was made "as it should be" with lox, cream cheese, onion, and tomato.

Everything was great, and we were asked close to four times if we had "any questions at all" and if we did have questions to just "feel free to shout 'em out".

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Awesome sandwiches!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I love City Feed. It's my go to especially when I take friends around JP. It's got amazing sandwiches (which are a bit steeper than I would like, but the quality is worth it). Artisan bread, local ingredients ... it's got it all.

The big City Feed (which is on Centre street) is the one pictured on the listing. The smaller one is the one on Boylston St. It's important to note that there are some differences between the two.

The smaller version isn't equipped for hot sandwiches (meaning their breakfast ones) like the larger one is, so don't go to the Boylston street location expecting to find them there. Also, while there is seating in the Centre street City Feed, there isn't in the Boylston street one.

Overall, go grab a nice coffee and a good lunch here. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Park City, Utah, United States
“Best breakfast sandwhich served with a smile ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I was visiting friends in JP who recommend City Feed and Supply as a great breakfast stop. While visiting I mistakenly ordered the breakfast sandwich without sausage. When I inquired about my order, the manager insisted that he would bring me a side of sausage. Even though they were extremely busy he took a moment to chat with me.

I will make sure to add this place to my "must see" list everytime I visit Boston. Keep up the good work guys!

“Hipstertronic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This place is almost reaching critical hipster mass what with their braised tofus and artisanal fish sharing programs and whatnot but that doesn't mean it isn't an awesome store with awesome things. Great sandwiches and prepared food, and their produce and everything else is top-notch and interesting. Prices are probably a skosh higher than I would want but it's a fun atmosphere and you do really start to buy into the 'buy local' thing. Great beer selection, though I don't believe any of it is refrigerated. Definitely a place I'll come back to

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston
“i want to love it, wish the staff would clean up a bit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I love the idea of this place, and they have a great variety of local products in the cool barn-like store (albeit at a premium price). The sandwich menu is inventive, would be nice to have a few more veggie options, always the hummus sandwich everywhere I go. The coffee is delicious, the pastries all appealing. My only complaint is the complacent and aloof staff who are too hipster-cool-dirty for my taste to be in a position of serving food. Oh well, it is JP after all. I will continue to go, just put my blinders on and enjoy the food.

• Visited July 2012