We arrived in the evening on the 30th August, staying into September for a total of seven nights. And we loved it!
Mr Batty and I were treating my brother and sister-in-law to this holiday as a celebratory present so we wanted something special - the Fairmont Copley Plaza certainly delivered something special.
This is a truly wonderful hotel where every single person tries hard (and succeeds) to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, and in a very friendly way. Talking of comfort, I'd have to say that the beds were probably the most comfortable beds we've ever slept in in a hotel, with 'proper' pillows :)
Our room arrangements were perfect. We'd asked for adjacent rooms and we were given 501 and 502 which are at the end of a corridor with a second door, effectively making the two rooms into a suite.
We all loved the Oak Bar, and it was great to relax here with a Samuel Adams after a busy day. Also loved the way they serve the martini!
And what can you say about Pasquale? Bless him! He was our server when we dined in the Oak Room - what a character, oozing with old-fashioned Italian charm - he really made our evening something special. Our meal in the Oak Room, by the way, was superb as was the marvellous Amarone.
As other people have already said, the location of this hotel is excellent - very handy for the Trolley Bus which stops right outside - and is great for the Prudential Centre, Newbury Street, the Copley Plaza, and all the other many attractions. And with many great restaurants within walking distance. The harbour and acquarium are very easy to get to too.
We really can't dredge up anything negative to say about this hotel, however hard we try. Our stay was as wonderful as we'd hoped, if not more, and we would definitely love to stay here again (and I'm sure we will as we love Boston, and now so do my brother and my sister-in-law). The only 'bad' thing about this hotel is that it is expensive; as we had to use the telephone quite a lot we were somewhat alarmed at the $4.50 charge just to make a non-local call, likewise the charge for wi-fi in the room. Hence, I couldn't give Value a higher rating.
To finish on a positive note, we'd like to thank the Fairmont Copley Plaza for such a wonderful stay and we definitely hope to be back before too long.
Oh, and would someone kindly give Catie Copley a hug for me? She's so beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Copley Plaza has been a symbol of Boston's rich history and elegance since its gala opening in 1912. Centrally located in beautiful Back Bay, this luxury hotel is just steps from many popular historic sites, as well as the celebrated boutiques on Newbury Street. Our dedicated staff delivers incomparable hospitality, impeccable service and attention to detail to ensure your stay is perfect. Now, with the April 2012 completion of an extensive renovation of each of the hotel’s 383 well-appointed guestrooms and suites, the restoration of the ballrooms and public spaces, and the addition of a contemporary, rooftop health club, The Fairmont Copley Plaza shines more brightly than ever before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston Hotel Boston
- Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston
- Fairmont Boston
- Boston Fairmont