I planned an impromptu trip into Boston to spend time with my daughter. I booked the room two days ahead of time on Priceline - this gives one access to the Fairmont Room category (king or queen bed / smaller rooms).
When we checked in I asked for a room with 2 double beds and was accomodated - the double bedded rooms are in the Deluxe category which affords a more spacious room.
I have to say that the hotel looked fantastic from the time we entered, the lobby, the elevators, the hallways, and in particular our room and bathroom. Our room was huge. It was a corner room at the back of the hotel (not on the Westin side of the hotel - on the opposite side which is next to a side street and the Prudential tower), it was at the end of the hallway, not near a stairwell, and was very quiet. (Room number was 301 in case that is helpful to anyone).
This room had windows on two sides, two very comfortable double beds with very nice linens and pillows. The room and bathroom were spotless. There was a beautiful fireplace and mantle, a desk, a comfortable club chair and the entertainment center which housed the TV and minibar. The bathroom was enormous - probably about 12 feet by 10 feet. It was a large tub, sink with granite counter, toilet, 2 bathrobes, all marble.... very updated, large and nicely appointed.
The ceilings were tall, the moldings so beautiful, the fireplace, chandelier... it was just so elegant and nicely done.
As for the people we interacted with they were all very nice and helpful, except for one of the check in clerks who was not going to give us the two double beds. Luckily the room wasn't ready and when we came back she wasn't there and someone with a more generous nature was and accomodated our request. The valet parking attendent was extremely helpful, even took pictures of me and my daughter in front of the hotel.
All in all just a fantastic trip. I highly recommend this hotel, particularly for families as the location is very central to many things you might want to do.
By the way, I did have a chance to peek in at the queen bedded Fairmont room. While it is also lovely, it was tiny and not as nice a location on the floor as the one we ended up with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Copley Plaza has been a symbol of Boston's rich history and elegance since its gala opening in 1912. Centrally located in beautiful Back Bay, this luxury hotel is just steps from many popular historic sites, as well as the celebrated boutiques on Newbury Street. Our dedicated staff delivers incomparable hospitality, impeccable service and attention to detail to ensure your stay is perfect. Now, with the April 2012 completion of an extensive renovation of each of the hotel’s 383 well-appointed guestrooms and suites, the restoration of the ballrooms and public spaces, and the addition of a contemporary, rooftop health club, The Fairmont Copley Plaza shines more brightly than ever before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston Hotel Boston
- Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston
- Fairmont Boston
- Boston Fairmont