I stayed at the Copley Plaza for three nights during a business trip. The hotel is in a great location, right across the street from Copley square. The lobby and public areas are stunning (think beautiful chandeliers, heavy fabrics, lots of seating nooks, etc.). The doormen were extremely friendly and helpful.
My room was good sized and I had a nice view of the city. Bed was extremely comfortable. Business conveniences included outlets on the SIDE of the nightstands (very nice); but you have to know to look for them. Bathroom was small, but luxurious with marble flooring and a wonderful tub.
Flat panel TV, but the local news channels weren't in HD (so morning news was difficult to watch if you were sitting at the desk); ESPN channels are in high def, as well as HBO, etc. No HGTV for those of you who are fans.
I had breakfast each day, ~$35 for the American breakfast. one disappointment is that i'm a very small person, so my normal breakfast at home is ONE egg, ONE piece of Bacon and ONE piece of toast. I simply could not get them to deliver this order; they were insistent I had to order the huge American breakfast, so I felt very wasteful each day. I did not have time to go elsewhere. Take a note from Ritz; they will do this based upon your dietary needs vs. forcefeeding you or being wasteful.
Housekeeping was efficient; left extra coffee each day for the in room Keurig (nice!).
It take take a bit for the temperature to warm up (literally two days); but I like an extremely warm room.
The Oak Room was FANTASTIC>. I ordered the Yankee pot roast and honestly, it was the best pot roast I've ever had in my life. They also serve muffins with a Chipotle Aioli that was yummy. With a glass of pinot noir, my dinner was ~$50. Definitely would visit again.
This hotel is within walking distance of great restaurants, coffee shops, and shopping. It's right across the street from the John Hancock building, so extremely convenient for me for work as well. Definitely will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Copley Plaza has been a symbol of Boston's rich history and elegance since its gala opening in 1912. Centrally located in beautiful Back Bay, this luxury hotel is just steps from many popular historic sites, as well as the celebrated boutiques on Newbury Street. Our dedicated staff delivers incomparable hospitality, impeccable service and attention to detail to ensure your stay is perfect. Now, with the April 2012 completion of an extensive renovation of each of the hotel’s 383 well-appointed guestrooms and suites, the restoration of the ballrooms and public spaces, and the addition of a contemporary, rooftop health club, The Fairmont Copley Plaza shines more brightly than ever before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston Hotel Boston
- Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston
- Fairmont Boston
- Boston Fairmont