“We were happy here over the Thanksgiving holiday” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for Two
Ranked #54 of 77 hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Durham, United Kingdom
“We were happy here over the Thanksgiving holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Visiting family for Thanksgiving, we decided to stay here as the rate was good. Because of the holidays, the hotel was very quiet for the five nights we were there. We had a spacious room on the 14th floor with a great view of the golden dome of the State House. The bed was extremely comfortable. Some of the bedrooms are arranged around an atrium which seemed to be a quieter layout than rooms on two sides of a corridor. We had breakfast twice, once from the menu (blue crab hash was very tasty) and once from the breakfast buffet. Just a note - if you have the full buffet breakfast it's $22 but only $15 if you have the continental breakfast which includes cheese and cooked meat. We didn't see this on the menu so were surprised to be asked which we had had. The remodelled entrance is expected to be finished by the end of the year. This only means that you enter the hotel under a canopy and walk on matting down one side of the car park. It's all cordoned off and helpful staff are there to direct or help with cases or information if needed. The flats being built opposite are expected to be finished by the end of next year. I would imagine it could be noisy if you stay on that side of the hotel as we could hear the work with the window open on our side. Staff were all helpful and pleasant. The hotel is very near the Common for jogging, strolling, skating, boating and is near several T stops. Maceys is accessed via a lift without going outside. Pity you have to pay for internet access in the room and there isn't a fridge to keep your own things in but we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the building work being done on the entrance side of the hotel until the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

1,564 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My husband I and spent the Friday after Thanksgiving in Boston. We checked in and were told that our room was upgraded for our anniversary (I had requested a "quiet room on a higher floor" and mentioned it was for anniversary). We had a really nice, CLEAN, corner room on the 15th floor. We decided to have a drink at the bar before meeting friends for dinner in the North End. Bartender was FABULOUS - very friendly. The lobby and restaurant area so pretty, and even though renovations were taking place, the hotel still looked great.
Room WAS super quiet that night, bed so comfy, and bathroom very clean. Overall, a great stay - I would definitely stay there again! Thank you, Hyatt staff!

Room Tip: Higher floors obviously have a better view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Monique T, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for the five stars and writing a review about your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Boston! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and the drinks in our restaurant, Avenue One. We hope your anniversary was amazing! Thank you and we hope to see you again soon!
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I know that the hotel recently underwent some improvements in the common areas but the hotel itself is disappointing when compared to Hyatt properties in other major cities like Chicago, New York, LA etc......I can't put my finger on any one thing but this Hyatt has never really impressed me. The renovation of the lobby was much needed and changes the lobby mood to a bright and modern feel, but the rooms still feel like you are walking into a 1980's hotel room....dimly lit, yellow bulbs that make you want to run out into the cold Boston rain for an energy shot.....The room service menu was limited and the food was, like the hotel, just ok....On a positive note, the bed was incredibly comfortable. As a longstanding Hyatt faithful, I can say that this is one of my least favorite Hyatt properties and until they update the guest rooms and breath some life into this place, I would be more inclined to stay at the Airport Hyatt which has a more lively feel to it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Just got back from the thanksgiving weekend spent at the Hyatt and once again i loved my experience at the hyatt. the rooms are clean and the location is just awesome! they did remodel in the last year and it is just beautiful! also a very helpful staff! you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Boston. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. We hope to see you again soon and thank you for the five stars!
Tiruchirappalli, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for six days, a two double bed room. Obviously the hotel (inclusive of the room and service) was a good place to stay, however, I would expected a much better level of facilities given the significant amount of price paid on a per day basis. Unlike a couple of my reviews, for different hotels, there were not much of problem problems to complain about, still we (one of my senior colleague with whom I shared the room) expected a better experience.
For me the hotel was well located, as all my places of appointment were in near proximity. These which were some other premium hotels in Boston provided me a chance to compare between these and Hyatt. I felt that these other hotels were more centrally located, provided a shade better service than Hyatt; moreover these other hotels were preferred by my trip organizers, as these were the scheduled venue(s) for all events.
Moral of the story is that, Hyatt Regency Boston is a fair option to stay in Boston, however, if you have other 'price comparable' options available (which weren't for me, b'coz of unavailability) then you may surely like to look for them.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel because I had a early morning flight out of Boston and otherwise would have been commuting from New Hampshire. The location was great and very close to public transportation.
The hotel is currently under construction and you have to take an elevator to the lobby then an elevator to your room.
Check in was quick, easy, friendly, and my request for hypoallergenic room had been honored with no problem.
My room was #1609 which had a lovely view of the city. Very large room for Boston's standards.
The furnishings look to be on the newer side and are in good condition. The bed was reasonably comfortable but nothing to write home about.
The floors were very dirty, both in the room and the bathroom. The shower tile was mildewed.
The bathroom lighting was very dim.
I retired early, but was awakened by a rowdy bunch of men around 9:30pm. Security responded to my and others complaints several times during the night. So much for getting a good night's rest before my flight.
Thankfully, they did have earplugs provided for guests in the night stand.

• Stayed November 2012
Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for our anniversary and to use some points. While we have been here many times (my wife and I used to stay here when I'd drive up from CT), this was probably the best. Staff truly went out of their way to make it a memorable weekend; wine and snacks were sent to our suite on two occasions. Additional praise for Sarah C. (front desk) and Willie E. (bellman/guest services) who really made us feel special. Location is great for access to the T, shopping and the common. Plenty of good restaurants are in walking distance. Couples with children may want to look elsewhere, as there isn't much for kids to do and there's plenty of traffic outside the hotel (no big surprise; its downtown Boston). My greatest complaint is that the wifi in-room is not free and generally quite slow. I really find this surprising as the hotel gets a lot of conference business and is a higher end property, with some sister properties offering free wifi. This isn't a big enough problem to advise against staying here, but I'd really expect more from them.

Ultimately, this is a fine choice for romantic couples and business travelers looking to see some of this awesome city.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Regency Boston? Share your experiences!