“LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Whitehall, PA
“LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My stay at the Hyatt was wonderful. I stayed in a room with my two sisters and my mom (4 total adults). Our room was quite nice and not too tight for the four of us. The maid service staff was extra great! Simply ask for what your need; extra towels, coffee… and you will have it. Our room had two beds, a desk, tv, mini bar, mini fridge (thanks to the front desk…we requested it and got it free of charge), desk, small table with sitting chair. The only minor detail I would have liked to see would have been an outlet by the mirror that was outside of the bathroom. When four ladies get ready we need plugs close to a mirror-lol.

Pool- Nice indoor pool. We had to walk down what seemed like the never-ending walk down some steps-hallways- and more steps. We did not see a hot tub.

Restaurant- Great! Make sure when you reserve your room you let them know if you have AAA. You will get two free breakfast buffets for each day. Try everything! Omelets made to order, pancakes made to order, fruit salad, and much more. Awesome chef who remains profession and calm even when busy.

This hotel is in an ideal location! Attached to Macys and steps away from a bunch of shop! FYI: I found that this Macy’s had a much better selection of professional work attire than my local Macys. Also, on a sale day you can get some amazing deals that you might not see in your area. I stocked up on name brand dress shirts for my husband. Our form of transportation while in Boston was the Old Town Trolley. There was a stop just a short walk away from this hotel and it sure beats the price you’d pay for a taxi.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel. When I visit Boston, I will stay here!

Room Tip: Rooms are standard. AAA discount will apply. If you are allergic to feathers, make them aware so th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Monique T, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Wow! Thank you so much for the five stars and the great review! We are very glad to hear that you took advantage of our downtown location and Avenue One, our restaurant. Being connected to Macy's is great for some shopping and the "T" if you are looking to explore the city. We look forward to seeing you again on another girl's weekend!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Valparaiso, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The only good thing about this hotel is location. It's located in downtown, which is easy to get around. Other than that, this is a very average hotel, regardless of their price. The door to the bathroom needs to be fixed or renewed. I didn't like the pattern of their shower curtain...it's not very important, but it somehow made it look old. I didn't like how their front desk was located behind the entrance either. (it's under construction, I suppose) I stayed there with 3 other people, and each of us had to pay for wifi, which I think is really ridiculous. If I remember it correctly, I needed wifi for 3 nights, and I payed $40. There are better Hyatt, this is just not a good one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Monique T, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Boston. We do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. We would love the opportunity to hear more details and forward the suggestions over to the correct associate. Please email us at qualitybosto@hyatt.com. Thank you.
Cooperstown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Just 5 mins walking to Tufts med, Boston common, T station.
The view from 20floor is really beautiful.
The room is clean, nice, and big.
The front desk guys were friendly.
I got a good price from Priceline.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Boston! Our downtown hotel is in the perfect location to enjoy the Boston Common and other Boston attractions and we are glad you were able to take advantage of that. Also, you cannot beat our city view! Thank you for the five stars and we hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Have read some of the other reviews and quite frankly, I think we stayed at a different hotel. We all had a fantastic 2 days. First impressions were really good and the rooms were brilliant, maybe you just need to smile at the staff a lot. Superb restaurant, had a great evening meal (the crab and lobster fondue was sublime) and the breakfast was equally impressive. The staff couldn't be more helpful and friendly.
OK, there is some building work going on at the hotel and the surrounding area, but once inside that is not an issue, really. Come on guys, if you want solitude, go to the Maldives. We certainly were not disappointed.

Room Tip: The higher the better as views over the city can be great and the lifts are pretty quick
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Boston! We are so glad to hear that you had a fantastic stay! The crab and lobster fondue is one of my favorites and we are glad that you were able to try some New England cuisine. Thank you for the five stars and we look forward to welcome you back again soon!
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I was here for one day so not too picky and stayed here to be right where the conference was. Hyatt Regency city hotels are sometimes really good (like in Paris) or sometimes a refurbished and rebranded hotels like many North American cities. I thought the Hyatt Regency Boston is below average based on the high prices they are charging. First, there is no main entrance on the street and I missed it the first time and you have to walk through the semi-underground type of path to go through the parking garage entrance (main lobby on the 3rd floor). The room is fair size but very noisy in the morning starting at 5 am or 6 am when people started to shower or start to check out and talking in the hallway. Noise is a major issue at this hotel.

If I stay more than one day, I would have gone a few blocks to the W Hotel.

Room Tip: Far from elevator or ice room or employee room especially.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Monique T, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Boston. We do apologize about the confusion in regards to our main entrance. We are currently in the process of updating our lower lobby and main entrance. We hope that you will give us another chance and stay with us again in the future.
Austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I'm happy I got a room here on a discount, because this hotel really is a 3 star masquerading as a luxury hotel. The lobby is gorgeous and the hallways are tastefully, but this is where it ends.
The rooms are very small and feel old and outdated. Musty smell is definitely there. The bathroom had mildew and the towels were of terrible quality and the small kind that barely cover you up (you know what i'm talking about). In short, this place would be amazing if the rooms had been redone sometime in the last decade... or two. The staff, bar, etc are great, however they forgot the most important part is actually the guest rooms, not the wrapping over it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Just left a big conference there. Major construction going on, be advised. I mean all around. Location is crazy. Forget about a morning or evening run. Too much construction. Hotel has two lobbys. Confusing, and must take two elevators to get to the main lobby, I mean the lobby that will take you to the street, not to the restaurant and bar area- confused yet? Rooms are decent, gym just ok. Pool is nice. I will say the food is pretty good, very good in fact. Service is good. Nice people. WiFi charge was taken off my bill because I hate getting nickled and dimed. Just give us free WiFi in the room! Show folks you care abut their business. They need to get this place together. It just feels disjointed. It's ok if you get a great deal on price. If not, I'd try the Intercontinental instead.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Boston? Share your experiences!