We were a little suspect of this place given the varied reviews. However, we thought this was a good solid place to stay - not fantastic by any means, but certainly good value for money in Boston when accommodation is usually quite expensive.
There were some building works going on in the basement when we got there. It would have been nice to have been told about this on their website when we booked, but as it turned out, we didn't have a noise problem.
We got a room one up from the basic level. It was a good size with plenty of storage room. Nice dark wood colourings in the room with very high ceilings. We didn't request the street side and so didn't have a view. Think we would do that next time.
Breakfast was decent with a selection of hot foods. But the best thing about this place, without a doubt, is the location. It is in the heart of one of the main shopping streets in Boston, where you find most of the boutiques. About 2 blocks away are a couple of large malls with all the usual shops you would expect. If you are on vacation and need a central place to go on a shopping spree, you'd do pretty well here.
Overall, I think a very solid place for a short stay. If I was staying more than a couple of nights, I think I would want something with a few more facilities and a little bit more luxury.
- Also Known As:
- Newbury Guest House Hotel Boston
- Newbury Guest House Hotel
- Newbury Bed And Breakfast
- Newbury Guest House Boston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique Hotel located in the upscale Back Bay section of Boston. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Newbury Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.