“Hilton in Boston” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Chicago, United States
“Hilton in Boston”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

When I checked in I was given 2 key cards and not told anything about the hotel. I had to ask where the elevators were and if there was a bar. Then when I got to my room neither key worked. hotel clerk forgot to activate them.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you so much for providing me with some insight of your stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies about your keys not working properly. I can see how frustrating it could be to not have been provided information upon arrival as well. I have taken the matter up with our Front Office Director to ensure these issues are fixed. Please don't hesitate to contact me by phone at your earliest convenience should you be willing to discuss your stay any further.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Great hotel, close to shopping and Harvard medical area, apart from one bad experience all the staff were amazing, we had such a great stay. We stayed here with some friends as well, they also had good experince.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for the great review. I am glad you found our location to your liking and you enjoyed your time with us. feel free to email me personally about the "one" so i can follow up. We hope to welcome you back to Boston soon!
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I really want to give this a better score, but there were a few issues.

There was hair all over the bathroom that didn't belong to me. Also, there were exposed wires in the light fixture above the shower that really freaked me out. That said, the FD Mgr was beside herself when this was reported to her.

The staff at check-in was great and I was upgraded to the HHonors floor, but the "view room" I originally booked was nothing more than a room with a small window looking directly at the Sheraton logo.

The bonus with Diamond Status is access to their Diamond Lounge for free breakfast, drinks and snacks.

Even though the service from the staff I interacted with at the hotel is above average, at $300+ a night in Boston, I would expect a hotel at this price point to not have these issues. Slightly disappointing...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your feedback and kind words about our staff. Please accept my sincerest apologies about the cleanliness of your bathroom. I have reviewed your comments with our housekeeping director and chief engineer. I am sorry to hear about the view issue. Indeed the Sheraton tower is across the street from our building. Just email me personally when planning your next trip so I can pick the location of your room.

Southbury, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I am a diamond with Hilton meaning I stayed at Hilton hotels over 60 nights in 2013. I am usually not disappointed with Hilton however there was an unfortunate surprise. Having an indoor pool is the one prerequisite I have for my stays, it is extremely important to me and I specifically chose this Hilton Back Bay because of its nice indoor pool. When I checked in on May 7, I inquired about the hours for the pool and they provided the information. However, when I showed up at the pool it was closed for repairs and not scheduled to re-open until the following evening. I expressed my complaint to the front office staff and they just said, "sorry." If I had known the pool was closed for the one night I was staying in Boston I would have stayed somewhere else. The room was sub-par and in need of a refurbish. It had a fan that would never shut off no matter what we tried. The room was not cheap. Onsite self parking is convenient but expensive at $43 per night plus tax. The executive lounge offers a mini breakfast but it was so crowded there was no where to sit and eat.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you expect from Hilton. We had a annual cleaning in which we try to have the pool back up and running as quickly as possible. We hope you do decide to give us another chance the next time you stay in Boston.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Ideal location for Hynes conference attendees - just across the street. Many restaurants as well as shopping steps away. Also, no need to take taxi to and from airport - the BackBay Express picks and drops off at Hynes Convention Centre and Copley Square for only $5!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the great review. I am glad you found our location to your liking and you enjoyed your time at the conference. We hope to welcome you back to Boston soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great experience from check-in to check out. I reserved a corner room because we have older kids and it was worth it because there was considerably more room. The room also had a mini fridge. When we checked in the concierge was offering small cups of orange juice. The lobby also has a Starbucks where you can sit and use the free WI-FI (in room $14.95) or use their computers and print out boarding passes. It's a short walk to Newbury and Boyston Streets and to the Prudential Center and Copley Plaza. Kids liked the heated pool. Only downside...$43 for overnight parking which is less than NYC but still adds a cost to the weekend.

Room Tip: If you have a family, a corner room is very spacious and fits a rollaway bed. It also has a mini fri...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
We are delighted that your recent stay at the Back Bay Hilton was one that exceeded your expectations. Your many wonderful compliments for our hotel and staff are sincerely appreciated. I did see that the cost of parking was a bit of an issue with you. We do offer Parking Packages with our hotel that will cut the cost down significantly. I thank you again for your post and I hope to welcome you back soon!
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Back Bay Hilton is a hotel we keep going back to, having tried out many other hotel in the Back Bay area. It is well-run, friendly, clean, and convenient to the subway, Newbury Street, Copley Center and the Prudential Center for shopping, and good restaurants. The on-site parking is another advantage. Linda at the Reception Desk was lovely, well-informed and helpful. Thanks Linda.

Room Tip: The higher up the better the view. 24th floor (for Hilton Honors Club Members) or higher!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your experience at the Back Bay Hilton. I appreciate you taking the time to compliment the team and, in particular, Linda for her dedication to our guests and making sure you had everything you needed during your stay. I am fortunate to have a great team that focuses on taking care of our guests, and I thank you for noting it. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Been to Hilton Boston Back Bay? Share your experiences!