“Good location, clean rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Back Bay Parking Package
Ranked #46 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good location, clean rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

It's in a great location, right near the Prudential Centre and a short walk to Newbury Street where most of the nice restaurants and bars are situated.

I never had any complaints, so little reason to talk to the staff. Found them to be quite impersonal, but you grow to expect that with a chain hotel. Staff were not rude or unhelpful in anyway, just impersonal.

The rooms are very clean, spacious and the beds are very comfortable. Great nights sleep! I am only marking the hotel down because I was disappointed that wifi was not provided for all customers. You had the option to pay or if you were in a premium room you were provided with the code. This was the only hotel of the 5 I stayed in on my trip that did this. I think it is a poor effort on behalf of the Hilton. Nothing like feeling like a second class citizen sat in the bar on the computer trying to coduct personal business.

I would definitely stay again, but Hilton, sort out your wifi policy!!

The bed were amazingly comfortable, the bedroom facilities were great. The staff were slightly impersonal, the location was great, but the let down was feeling like a second class citizen and having to sit in the bar area and do your internet banking etc.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
We appreciate your feedback about our location and regarding the cost of our wireless internet service. While we do charge an additional fee for wireless internet, we strive to be competitive with other hotels and offer quality services and amenities in our guest rooms. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Turkish first
Long Island, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The room was too hot and we were unable to control the thermastat. Upon reporting this to the front desk, we were told to hold the button on the thermastat for 10 seconds to lower the temp. This did nothing and when we reported that to the front desk, we were told that the temperature can only be controlled remotely by the hotel. We pictured them having a good laugh at us holding that button for 10 seconds knowing full well that it wouldn't do anything. We were then advised to open a window (on the 19th floor and the windows don't open). Then we were told to open the balcony door (the handles were missing from the door. Besides, it was onlty 9 degrees outside). So the only solution we were told was for them to turn off the heat in our room. We woke in the morning to a freezing room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
We are sorry for the temperature discomfort you experienced in your guest room. We are working with our maintenance team on the thermostat controls and have addressed the service experience you had with our front office. I will be in touch with you to personally apologize for the misunderstanding and poor resolution. Please direct message me your contact information and I look forward to hearing from you.

Dominique Marty
bosbh_gm@hilton.com
World
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times in the last few months while in Boston on business. I usually work in Cambridge, but prefer to stay downtown and this is my favorite hotel.

It is located a few steps from Prudential Center, about two blocks from Newbury St, hence there's plenty of dining and shopping options.

The rooms are spacious, well kept and clean. There's a fitness center, a little pool and a cafe that sells Starbucks coffee. I only had breakfast at the restaurant (no lunch or dinner) and the menu is pretty big, food is great, however on the expensive side (not surprising given this is a 4-star hotel).

Staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful.

Again, my favorite hotel downtown and I will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Hilton Boston Back Bay. So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Roswell, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My colleague and I spent 5 days at this property. They staff was fantastic. David was very kind and attentive when checking us in. The room was spacious, beds were comfortable. My toilet ran a bit, so I called down and spoke with Kelly. She kindly sent someone up to the room. Arben was able to resolve the issue without any concerns. During my stay, there were no other issues. Alina and Jerry were fantastic at the coffee bar. Every morning, they had a smile on their face and were very pleasant with us. Eriko also was great. He was very helpful with recommendations and was always welcoming us back to the hotel whenever we entered to thaw out from a frozen day's work. Definitely will be returning!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that our Team Members took such good care of you and you found the amenities of our property to your liking. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff! We all hope to see you return soon! Safe travels.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

When my family travels together we enjoy staying at "upscale" hotels to be as comfortable as possible. This Hilton Hotel did not disappoint. It has a great location just outside downtown Boston and most everything is only a short walk or drive. The entire staff was exceptional and the hotel was very clean and well maintained. Every member of the staff was friendly, helpful and courteous. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Boston Back Bay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was helpful. I will be sure to share your comments and I hope you will return soon.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Let's face it there is no such thing as a cheap hotel in Boston. But, you really can't beat the value of this hotel based on it's location. I stayed here for 4 days while looking for a permanent residence in the city this past May 2012. The room was large, clean, and the staff was efficient and friendly. The small cafe in the lobby was also nice to grab a quick snack to go. I did not eat ate the hotel at there are so many wonderful restaurants to chose from in the city!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time for the great review and hope to see you return to the Hilton Boston Back Bay!
San Antonio TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Being a big city hotel in the city, I didn't expect much, but I was pleasantly surprised by the Hilton Back Bay Boston. First, I am a Diamond VIP, so I was roomed on the 24th (Hilton Honors) floor. The hotel is obviously older, but the rooms are in great condition, got the complimentary bottles of water, free internet, access to what they call the Diamond VIP Lounge. Note that this is not the typical "Executive Lounge." It's on the first floor, instead of the typical top floor. Food is good to very good, but note that at this time of the year, the lounge is swelteringly hot. Fitness center very nice, pool warm (84 degrees) which makes swimming easier since the room temp of the pool area is freeeeeezing.

I'm thinking this hotel must have gotten "dinged" on customer service because when you are in the lobby there are MANY hotel employees immediately at your side, ready to help you. In the morning, someone is walking around with trays of Starbucks coffee and hot chocolate. In the late afternooon and evening, there are still several people who approach you even if you hadn't thought you needed approaching. I don't know how I feel about that yet.

Room Tip: This is not connected to Copley Center, so you have to go outside. It's not that far, but in wi...