“Very good indeed!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Oslo, Norway
“Very good indeed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Location great - close to Newbury etc for shopping and dining.  Public Garden and Boston Common a 10-15 walk away. Close to river etc.

Rooms very nice - spacious, elegant, clean, quiet. Comfortable beds. Quality linen and towels. Good complimentary wi-fi. We did miss a coffee machine in the room though.

Service - exceptional at every level. Front desk, bell men, housekeeping, all super friendly and accomodating.

We travel with two young children, and we always appreciate when they are welcomed and cared for. The staff at Eliot made them feel very special. Thank you!

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This was our second time staying at the Eliot Hotel, and not only are the rooms spacious and comfortable, the STAFF is second to none! Top-notch service! They go way out of their way to help. For example, when we arrived by car, Manuel came running up and insisted that I not get out until he brought me an umbrella. Less than 30 seconds later, he had one for me. "Is there anything I can do for you?" was a common question.
The Eliot is a home away from home and the location IS PERFECT! I highly recommend it, whether you're on a romantic getaway or have your children with you.

Room Tip: We asked for a room facing Commonwealth Avenue. We were on the third floor, but didn't hear any...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I travel a lot for work and stay at many hotels so when I go away with my family I really look for something of high quality and family friendly. This hotel is rated number 2 for families and the Four Seasons is number 1. I chose this hotel based on a recommendation by a friend with pretty high standards.

Overall my stay was pretty good but it was close to being great. The location is obviously fantastic. The rooms were renovated about 2 years ago so all pretty new and nice. The staff varied from average to great. Breakfast was very good and staff excellent. Front desk was all right. They were responsive and very good with basic requests but what lacked was the creative solutions that you would expect from a higher quality hotel. For example my check out time extension request was a flat out no as opposed to we will try to work something out on the day. I had two rooms so they certainly could come up with something. Little things like movies - children TV shows are available but you pay every time it is watched. Why not charge one fee for unlimited viewing? And if you want to be a great family friendly hotel maybe have baby baths available for us. Just simple fixes. I spoke to the assistant general manager and he made a huge effort to resolve my requests and I must say I was very satisfied with his efforts.

Other comments would be comfy beds, nice rooms (a bit noisy but probably due to Boston buildings just being old), excellent location, great breakfast and pretty good value.

Overall, a pretty good experience here and would stay again depending on the price of the Four Seasons.

Stayed July 2014
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The Eliot has a fantastic location offering the best of the back bay, while also providing easy access to Fenway Park. The staff were very nice and professional, and the rooms were clean big and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Cirencester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

From the first check in, to the check out and all points in between the staff could not do enough to help. They checked out which sports bars were showing the world cup on TV so myself and business colleagues could get to see the games that were on. They were courteous, helpful, knowledgeable and just really nice people. The room was clean, comfortable and with a sense of luxury. Altogether a very comfortable and enjoyable stay. I would recommend the hotel for business and leisure equally. It is only a short walk away from many bars and restaurants and shops.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My daughter and I were so pleased to come across the Eliot Hotel on Tripadvisor. When we arrived it was incredibly hot and we were very tired, we were upgraded to a suite on floor 10 and had a beautifully furnished pair of rooms to relax in. The door staff helped us out looking after the hire car and we were able to follow their excellent directions. It is only a few minutes from the shops in Newbury street, and maybe 20 walking to Fenway Park.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed at Eliot Hotel for attending a wedding in Boston for 2 nights. The room was decorated nicely, super clean and well upgraded with enough power outlet for our modern needs with fast WiFi. The staffs were very friendly and attentive to any extra services. They even had an umbrella in the closet in case we needed one. It was located close to many restaurants, shops and baseball stadium. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Eliot Hotel? Share your experiences!