“Absolutely the Worst Guest Service Ever!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge

You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Soldiers Field Rd, Allston, Boston, MA 02134-1893 (Allston / Brighton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rates from just $139!
Ranked #44 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Chelsea, United States
“Absolutely the Worst Guest Service Ever!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I have stayed at this hotel location 2 times within the past couple months and my first experience was terrible, but yet my second time was the absolute worst. The front desk staff, except for the exception of two, are the most utterly rude and condescending group of people I have encountered within a hotel setting. I would not recommend anyone to stay at this hotel who appreciates friendly courteous service. From waiting nearly an hour and a half for a room to simply be cleaned after extending a night to being talked down to. Maybe since I'm a local? idk But I was ignored sereval times, overcharged, and treated like a second class citizen. The absolute WORST experience ever. Although the only one good thing about this place is the cookies they give to you at the front desk. Other than that nothing spectacular at all. :(

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Turkish first
Marion
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We love staying at the Doubletree on Soldiers Field Road whenever we have business in Harvard Square or Brookline. Super convenient to Storrow Drive and the Mass Pike. Love the suite set up. When we have to bring the kids, we can put them to bed and stay up later ourselves.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

First let me say that my daughter along with her friends enjoyed their stay here and that alone made me happy. From the whirlpool, regular pool to the fitness room. I had booked a 2 room king suite which was just perfect even without a beautiful view of the city. The staff was wonderful, friendly, willing to help and always smiling. My only concern or problem with this facility is the fact that parking cost $35. Considering there is literally no where else to park in the area, I believe your overnight guest should not have to pay this great amount especially since parking isn't all that secure. I understand that you may need to charge but a slightly discounted rate should be sufficient enough. I will be back however but this time for a romantic weekend and "he" will be paying for parking this time :-)

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Cambridge, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very nice hotel. Rooms were quite, clean and the bed was so comfortable. Lovely views of the river. Shuttle service was convienient to getting into Cambridge. Restaurants were good. A bit of distance from the action, maybe 30 mintues walking to Harvard Square, but a quick taxi ride.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree B, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to hear you had a nice stay at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston- Cambridge and were able to enjoy some of the hotel amenities. We hope to be your hotel of choice should you be traveling back to our area in the future!
Boston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I liked this hotel. The only complaint I have is that the parking garage could be better lit and I had to bring attention to the desk at departure about a charge for parking that was already included in my rate as I had the Parking Package with room. I get stressed when it comes to overbilling and it seems that this should not have happened. A great diner close by is The Breakfast Club.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your comments regarding our parking garage. We will be sure to share this information with the appropriate staff to ensure things are better for the future. We apologize for the double posting on the parking, but happy to hear this was resolved prior to you checking out of the hotel. We will be sure to address this with our front office team! We hope to see you again soon.
Clearwater, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very good Boston-Cambridge location, with nice view of the river and skyline; friendly, helpful staff. On-site restaurants are good, but just an average value, to a bit high for average to above-average food. TJs and Whole Foods less than 5 minutes away, for snacks and such. Harvard Square 5 minutes away. The rooms are nice, however, the hotel was built before the days of roomy, splendid bathrooms; adequate though, with plenty of towels, coffee and tea-service in the room. The room we were in was in need of replacement of sofa (hide-a-bed) and side chair; upholstery was not in good condition. Table lamp and side table, and particularly the phones, needed updating (the cords were very stretched - that's not a big deal but reflective of the attention of management, to detail). Parking is high at $35 a night; you simply have to price that into the room per night cost, and compare to other hotels near-by -- they may all have the same situation. There is no on-street parking (a circumstance endemic to much of urban Boston and surrounds). Overall, my net price per night with parking, for a corner room over-looking the river and skyline in the distance, was more than fair. I've traveled quite a bit, and would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for your detailed review on your recent stay at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston- Cambridge. We are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston - Cambridge. It is great to hear that you would plan to stay with us again as there were many positive aspects of your stay. We have noted your comments about the living room furniture and will be sure to address this with our management team. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge? Share your experiences!