“Nice hotel with a few minor problems.” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   47 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02116 (Back Bay)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #29 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Stamford CT
“Nice hotel with a few minor problems.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed here for one night and overall enjoyed it and would definitely return. As others have said it is an older boutique hotel with nice clean rooms and small bathrooms. All of the employees were super friendly. My few minor complaints which is keeping me from giving it a 5:

Our room was not ready when we got there so they said they would call us when it was ready. We said we would just rather wait, the first guy told us hopefully it would be ready within the hour but made no promises. A few minutes later we were told it would be 15-20 minutes, great. It ended up being about and hour a 15 minutes. I am not complaining that we had to wait but I don't understand how it went from 15-20 minutes to over an hour. Not a huge deal just a minor annoyance. No fewer than 4 different hotel employees asked if we were being helped while we were sitting there waiting.

I had booked a king bed, when we first got there the guy at the check-in desk said, ok Mr. Smith I have you in a king room for one night is that correct? Well when we finally got to the room it ended up being a queen bed. I know you don't always get what you request so, again, not a huge deal but it would have been nice if he would have told us there were no kings available.

My biggest complaint was with breakfast the next morning. There were a total of 6 people in the whole place and it took a long time for the food to come. I can't possibly imagine why it took as long as it did. The waiter did not write down our orders and of course he got it wrong. I asked for scrambled eggs, sausage and white toast. I got scrambled eggs, bacon and wheat toast. So I ordered 3 things and he got 2 of them wrong! Just write down the order! I didn't say anything because we were trying to catch a train and I don't dislike bacon or wheat toast so I just went with it. The bacon was outstanding.

So as I said, overall a positive experience and I would go back. I just couldn't rate it a 5 based on the few items above.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Greek first
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I was in town for a convention and decided to take the T to the hotel from the airport. Great ride that was fairly quick (but I wasn't in a hurry).The hotel was in the middle of the financial district- right next to Comply Square. Beautiful views and buildings. The hotel is located one block south of Boylston Street and two blocks south of Newbury Street. I was able to walk to Boston Commons, Beacon Hill area, and Faneuil Hall. Great location. Quick access to restaurants, bars, shopping, etc. Regarding the accommodations of the hotesl, everything was neat and clean and the service was excellent. I had the burger from the restaurant and it was AMAZING! The rooms aren't huge, but perfect for one or two people. The bathrooms were clean and they had high-end products. I only had one minute glitch (my phone wasn't working) but as soon as I let them know, they came immediately and rectified the problem. When I checked out, I was able to leave my stuff with the front desk, went to have breakfast and came back. They also let me know about a shuttle service that takes you straight to the airport so I didn't even have to take the T back to the airport. I would definitely recommend and stay again. Great hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Main plusses are the great location and the very helpful, approachable staff. The room was clean and modern, and well cleaned/tidied every day. It was perhaps a little on the small side, but it had a huge bed and, for the location and the decent price, it's a very minor quibble.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Roma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Copley Sq. Hotel is a very nice boutique hotel, historical building in Boston Back Bay.
The room was very comfortable, with TV and a big nice bed. The bathroom had bathtube and toilet amenities, just a little cramped.
The room and the bathroom were very clean, everything was so enjoyable. There was also a gym room.
There were also complimentary coffee in the morning and wine in the afternoon.
The restaurant was good, in particular for the breakfast, average for the dinner.
The staff was very nice and attentive. Jorge, clerk at the reception, is worthy of mention, but more than anyone is Svetlana of the restaurant staff.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

my dad and i visited boston in April. the hotel was in the best location EVER. we walked everywhere. the staff was very professional and helpful. from the minute we were greeted at the front door, the service was excellent. the happy hour was an added bonus. GOOD wine, not the cheap stuff. impressive hotel. i would go there again in a NY MINUTE. whoops, a Massachusetts minute? :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
So Cal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed at the Copley Square Hotel for a few nights while in Boston. What an absolute first class hotel.

All the staff that I had contact with were very nice and helpful. They were not stuffy or snobbish. I can't say enough about the the quality of the staff, they are excellent.

My room was very comfortable and the decor was stately without being over-bearing or pretentious. The bed was very good. Not like most hotels with the rock hard mattresses. The bathroom was small by most modern hotel standards, but one must keep in mind that this hotel is a historic building and bathrooms were rather small at that time. The bathroom space was adequate for my needs with plenty of towels and the line of bath products they have chosen to stock have a very pleasant smell, at least for me as scents are very subjective to each individual.

The location is very convenient. It's a short walk to the Prudential Center and right across the street from Copley Place Mall. There are many restaurants and shops within walking distance as well as a grocery store for anything the traveler may need.

Overall, I highly recommend the Copley Square Hotel for your stay. I know I will be staying here on my next trip to Boston.

Room Tip: I was on the fifth floor in a corner room, which was quiet to both street noise and other guests.