“So glad we found this hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Dreams
Ranked #28 of 77 hotels in Boston
northampton
“So glad we found this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Booked this hotel before we left the UK. Reviews were good with reports of a recent renovation so with luck everything would be as new. We arrived from New York by train at Back Bay station. The station was an easy walk to the hotel but with our luggage my wife started to struggle as we crossed the road to the hotel. The doorman had no idea we were stopping in his hotel but never the less he came straight across to help my wife with her case across the road.
As stated previously the hotel is having a make over and the front is covered with scaffolding however once into reception there is no signs of any work. The reception area is welcoming as were the reception staff.
Our room was very contemporary, comfortable and clean. Every night we were given a fresh bottle of water. Wi-Fi in the room was free which unbelievably some hotels still charge for or is only available in the foyer.
The hotel is in excellent location for the subway with two station only 2-3 minutes walk away. Newbury and Boylstone Streets, lots of expensive shopping and good restaurants are just at the rear of the hotel. The Prudential Mall is almost alongside the hotel with shopping and restaurants.
We did not eat in the hotel except for our last morning for breakfast which for us was not a very good experience. Maybe or UK tastes do not match the chefs. We mentioned this at checkout and they removed the breakfast charges.
We will have no hesitation in stopping here again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

931 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Greek first
Clear Lake City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed here on our honeymoon for 3 nights and I must say for the price the place is exceptional! The staff was beyond wonderful and went above and beyond to make sure you were accomodated.( Lindsey and Alex Thank You) The room was very clean and very modern. The location is great as well. Blocks from the Prudential center (shopping) 1 block from Shaws(grocery store) that is extremely clean. Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts are 2 blocks away as well. Boston Common was a bit further but never the less in nice weather a pleasant walk. Maybe 10 minutes. Copley station T line is around the corner. I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Our stay at the Copley was quite lovely. The room on the 4th floor was spacious, stylish and exceptionally clean. While there was very little interior noise, from the street, however, it was a tad noisy in the evening. This should be resolved once the windows are replaced. The location is superior with excellent dining, shopping and the library within walking distance. The staff was very courteous and attentive to our requests. I recommend using the black car from the hotel instead of a cab when returning to the airport....the price is the same and the service is superior.

Room Tip: Higher floor to avoid noise from club.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kennebunk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We had a room a bit small but clean but faced the supermarket street so it was very noisy. When we complain about the noise the next morning they were very gracious and moved us to a suite for the next night, the suite was great but the noise from traffic was there, we were in a floor down from our first one. The staff was very helpul and the hotel is situated centrally and close to everything great shopping around it. We enjoyed the complimentary wine in the afternoons.

Room Tip: May be rooms on higher floors and not facing the street could be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The Copley Square Hotel is a gorgeous place to stay where you get a lot of value for your money. It's in a great location, placed right in the heart of Copley Square within walking distance from great shopping (including a great grocery store, Shaw's, where you can get basically everything you need) and a very handy T train. I had room service on my first night and the food was really delicious, and quite reasonably priced too! It was definitely some of the best room service I've ever had. A lot is included in the room rate and they run a number of really useful, enjoyable programs. I found my room to be very comfortable and well-equipped, and all the staff I encountered were friendly, well-informed, and very helpful. I loved the complimentary bottle of water delivered to my room in the evening - it saved me from running out to buy one each morning, so it was much appreciated!

The only issue I had during my stay was with housekeeping, which I found to be a bit lacking. A lot of my bathroom amenities were never properly restocked, and the few that were restocked were placed in odd locations where I didn't find them until long after I needed them. Some of the towels were not folded properly either. On my last night the bed wasn't made properly, and the cleaning was not as thorough as I had hoped either (e.g. there was a lot of dust in the exhaust fan above the shower). I left a tip at the start of each day and returned to my room thinking I shouldn't have bothered because the service simply wasn't sufficient.

However, this was the only disappointing element of my stay at the Copley Square. Everything else was fantastic! Overall, this is a really lovely hotel and I would highly recommend it for its location and its amazing front desk staff who really made me feel at home and helped me out a lot.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Our room was clean and small. Bed comfortable. The building is old and parts were undergoing renovation outside. To be thankful we didn't hear any construction noise. Our window view was of scaffolding and a brick wall! Staff service was average. We did like the complimentary late afternoon wine in the lobby lounge. Boston accomodation prices were ridiculously high we thought.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Copley Square Hotel? Share your experiences!