“Exceptional Boutique Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Exceptional Boutique Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Our stay at the Copley was quite lovely. The room on the 4th floor was spacious, stylish and exceptionally clean. While there was very little interior noise, from the street, however, it was a tad noisy in the evening. This should be resolved once the windows are replaced. The location is superior with excellent dining, shopping and the library within walking distance. The staff was very courteous and attentive to our requests. I recommend using the black car from the hotel instead of a cab when returning to the airport....the price is the same and the service is superior.

Room Tip: Higher floor to avoid noise from club.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Greek first
Kennebunk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We had a room a bit small but clean but faced the supermarket street so it was very noisy. When we complain about the noise the next morning they were very gracious and moved us to a suite for the next night, the suite was great but the noise from traffic was there, we were in a floor down from our first one. The staff was very helpul and the hotel is situated centrally and close to everything great shopping around it. We enjoyed the complimentary wine in the afternoons.

Room Tip: May be rooms on higher floors and not facing the street could be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The Copley Square Hotel is a gorgeous place to stay where you get a lot of value for your money. It's in a great location, placed right in the heart of Copley Square within walking distance from great shopping (including a great grocery store, Shaw's, where you can get basically everything you need) and a very handy T train. I had room service on my first night and the food was really delicious, and quite reasonably priced too! It was definitely some of the best room service I've ever had. A lot is included in the room rate and they run a number of really useful, enjoyable programs. I found my room to be very comfortable and well-equipped, and all the staff I encountered were friendly, well-informed, and very helpful. I loved the complimentary bottle of water delivered to my room in the evening - it saved me from running out to buy one each morning, so it was much appreciated!

The only issue I had during my stay was with housekeeping, which I found to be a bit lacking. A lot of my bathroom amenities were never properly restocked, and the few that were restocked were placed in odd locations where I didn't find them until long after I needed them. Some of the towels were not folded properly either. On my last night the bed wasn't made properly, and the cleaning was not as thorough as I had hoped either (e.g. there was a lot of dust in the exhaust fan above the shower). I left a tip at the start of each day and returned to my room thinking I shouldn't have bothered because the service simply wasn't sufficient.

However, this was the only disappointing element of my stay at the Copley Square. Everything else was fantastic! Overall, this is a really lovely hotel and I would highly recommend it for its location and its amazing front desk staff who really made me feel at home and helped me out a lot.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Our room was clean and small. Bed comfortable. The building is old and parts were undergoing renovation outside. To be thankful we didn't hear any construction noise. Our window view was of scaffolding and a brick wall! Staff service was average. We did like the complimentary late afternoon wine in the lobby lounge. Boston accomodation prices were ridiculously high we thought.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed at the Copley Square black Friday weekend. A great hotel with good location, near good shops, the subway and the start of the Duck tour(a must). Rooms very clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and nothing was to much trouble for them, looking up things on the internet for us and even finding us a free cup of coffee at 4.30am!
There was complimentary coffee every morning from 6.30am, hot chocolate in the afternoons and wine served in the lounge every day between 5pm-6pm, a nice touch.
If we were to return to Boston we would not consider staying at another hotel, this hotel is delightful

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Willowbrook, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed at the Copley Square hotel this weekend based on the recommendation of a friend. From the moment we stepped out of the cab, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Check-in was fast and efficient and the front desk clerk even recommended some great options for late night dining outside of the hotel. We attended the wine reception and were very impressed with the fact that the General Manager was there to host the reception and personally greet the guests. We have not received that kind of personal attention at more expensive properties.

The decor was tasteful and we were very pleased with our room. Extremely quiet, tasteful furnishings, comfortable bed, and clean! Even the toiletries were special. I especially appreciated the magnifying mirror near the sink. The only drawback was the lack of a coffee machine in the room; however, the complimentary coffee in the lobby was of high quality and hot, much better than the machine brewed coffee in most hotel rooms. We ordered room service for breakfast and were very pleased with the speed of delivery and the quality of the food.

If you are looking for a comfortable hotel at a great value in Back Bay, I would definitely recommend the Copley Plaza hotel.

Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were visiting Boston for a 3-day weekend. To begin with, we had stayed for one night at a B&B. Unfortunately, the B&B was too far out of the city in order to conveniently enjoy this vibrant, handsome and interesting city. That is, too much time had to be spent getting to/fro the subway from the B&B, and then, too much additional time had to be spent on the subway itself.

Luckily, on Friday evening, when visiting with our adult daughter and her fiance at the Copley Square Hotel - where they had booked themselves - we were most impressed with this boutique-type hotel. And so, we decided to ask about booking ourselves there, too. They found us a room at around 8 pm for the next night - at a very fair price. We cancelled our 2nd night at the B&B. We were so delighted and grateful that we made that move.

The LOCATION: The hotel is located in the Back Bay area of Boston and it's nearby to Copley Plaza. This outdoor public plaza is an attractive, treed and park-like spot that made us think of wonderful Beaune, France. The hotel is also close to the Copley Square subway, to shops and restaurants. And it’s also very close to the famous Boston Public Library, a handsome place. Treed streets. We felt very safe there, even walking at night. The current exterior renovations did not affect the quality of our stay.

BTW - Don’t confuse this hotel with another Copley-named hotel down the street - the Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel. They are not connected to one another.

Our room was very quiet, even though we had our window open for sleeping. And we heard nothing at all from any other rooms. We did ask for a quiet room. Our room was 609 and our dtr’s was 203.

The LOBBY: A charming, clean and very attractive reception area and lobby. A strong, yet intimate contemporary look both there and in the rooms, too.

Every evening, from 5-6 pm, good complimentary wines are offered to guests. When we were there, that was hosted by the low-key, approachable, professional and pleasant manager, John.

I don’t always sleep well when travelling, and so, not wanting to waken my husband by turning on a light to read, I dressed and went down to the lobby at 4 am and quietly read. It was comfortable and pleasant to do that. Delicious coffee (which tasted like a Fair Trade type of bean) and tea are set out for guest use at 5:30 am.

The HALLWAYS, ROOM, and AMENITIES: Immaculate, very attractive and comfortable. No lingering odours in the halls nor in our room. (I’m extremely sensitive to all odours and there were none). A handsomely furnished room. The bed was an absolute dream to sleep on. The room wasn’t huge, but it wasn’t small. We had a King-sized bed and there was a generous bedside table on both sides of the bed, plus a desk and a dresser. And a comfortable chaise lounge, too. Modern, handsome furniture and lamps. A good sized-closet. The bathroom was smaller than some, but it was comfortable and very clean. We did ask for a small table to put our extra bathroom items on, and within minutes, we were sent up a glass table with 3 tiers. The bathroom toiletries were lovely and of good quality and the towels were large and soft.

The STAFF: Unfailingly pleasant, professional, and yet, down-to-earth with true class. We found this in absolutely everyone - all of the day and night desk staff, the manager, the housekeeping, and so on. Someone was continuously at the desk at 4 am, too, when I came down to read and so, I felt safe down there. All of them were eager to meet guest's needs e.g. We had asked for a couple of things for our room and we had them within minutes. No request seemed too much for any of them.

We are extremely particular about where we stay whenever we travel and we were truly delighted with this hotel. We would stay there again w/out a moment's hesitation. Our dtr travels a lot (all over Europe, parts of the U.S. and in Asia) in her business role and she and her fiance were impressed and pleased with the Copley Square Hotel, too.

Sincerely, Helen and Ed, Burlington, Ontario, Canada.

Room Tip: I don't know of any tips except to ask for what you want in a room! The staff is most accommodat...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Copley Square Hotel? Share your experiences!