“Fantastic hotel great position, staff and service.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
TripAdvisor Exclusive
Ranked #71 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Brisbane, Australia
“Fantastic hotel great position, staff and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

Staying at this hotel was fantastic and a highlight of my honeymoon to the USA everything was top shelf and reasonably priced. We stayed in the Towers suites and would recommend to anyone. Cant wait to stay here again when visiting Boston.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (830)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

We booked through Priceline at the last minute so as not to have to drive home from a Christmas party on Beacon Hill. Our room was small and the bathroom was the smallest and most cramped I've even seen or used. Despite this, we enjoyed our stay as the hotel is really a special piece of the history of Boston and one of the best located hotels in the city. What made our stay was the kindess of the woman who checked us in. I explained that it was my wife's birthday and asked if they could give us a better room, even though we were Priceline customers. I'd called the day before asking the same and the man said he'd note it. Perhaps he had because the woman checking us in was so very nice and gave us access to the conceirge lounge and also sent wine and cheese up to our room. This was over and above anything we could have expected. Then again, the bathroom was smaller than any we've ever seen! All in all, it was the bed we needed in a location that cannot be beat. Beautiful lobby, great resturants and bars in the middle of the best area of this great city!

Andover, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

Service was very pleasant and helpful. The room was beautiful ( Towers section) . Great view , plenty of room to set up ironing board and still walk around bed / furniture. Shower was impressive...dual shower heads, marble etc.
Walking distance to Theatre and Shopping/ dining - many options for all
one issue - Housekeeping barged into room when i didn't answer their knock since I was in shower. Thank God I put the chain on the door ! This was early morning on day of checkout - unexpected!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

The Boston Plaza was in an ideal location for shopping, siteseeing and eating. During the day we were at a conference and the Hotel had many restaurants nearby. Our conference rooms were a bit spread out and the grand ballroom was a bit dark. The staff was very courteous and helped give us suggestions for sight seeing. The Duck tour is an absolute must. I would like to return to Boston for a long weekend with my family. I would definately stay at the Plaza again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

We had a coffee maker in our room. The 1st a.m. we used the coffee and cups. The cleaning service neglected to leave more of each. So I went to the front counter in the a.m. and requested them. They said they would have some sent up. This was early in the a.m. and I was ready for my a.m. coffee. A half hour later we received a call they would send someone up soon. Knowing it would then take time to brew I went out of the hotel for coffee. Which turned out to be a good thing as the coffee never came to the room before we checked out at 9:30a.m.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
BPPExec, Management Team at Boston Park Plaza, responded to this review, January 4, 2011
We appreciate the time you took to give us this feedback. Our intention is to create memorable experiences for all of our guests, and we clearly missed the mark by not replacing your coffee service items. We apologize that they were not replaced while you were here. We have regrouped with the housekeeping and front office teams to reinforce the importance of timely responses to guest requests. Please accept our apologies, and do not hesitate to contact us directly if we may be of further assistance.
Oakland, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

I wanted to like this hotel given it's history and great location. But the room I had was so out of date. Old TVs from the 80's, equally ancient alarm clock, no wireless internet service, and the world's tiniest bathrooms (even smaller than what you might find in Japan).

Middle of the night the thermostat goes wild and the room registers over 80 degrees. A call to the front desk did not get anyone to the room for 90 minutes although 10 minute service was promised. At that point the helper's suggestion was to open the window (with the temperature 20 degrees outside). Eventually a fan was brought, but even that took a while. I turned the heat off entirely, but the street noise then kept me up. With an important business meeting the next morning, this was a disaster!

And the front desk the staff didn't even know where my meeting was being held, sending me to the wrong room twice.

I know others have had a different experience, but I couldn't be more disappointed with my stay at this hotel, at least in the room I was given. There's a good reason why they were offering bargain rates....!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Reykjavik, Iceland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

I stayed at this hotel in november 2010 with a group of friends for 4 nights and we liked it very much. The rooms are perhaps not so special but almost every experience we had with the staff at the hotel was very good. The front desk, the concierge and the cleaning staff were all very friendly and helpful. Only two bellmen that handled our suitcases when we were checking out were a little too insistent on getting a good tip. Fortunately two other bellmen that were on duty a little later that day were not like that, they were helpful and friendly and we were happy to give those two a good tip.
On the flight home I discovered that I had forgotten some of my personal belongings in one of the drawers in my room. I was worried because this included some jewellery. When I came home I called the hotel and to make a long story short I ended up in getting all of my things sent to me a few days later and not a single thing missing. Having travelled much in Europe I sort of expected that some of the jewellery would be missing but everything was there so I want to compliment the hotel and the management for the honesty of the staff. Thank you very much.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Boston Park Plaza? Share your experiences!