“jr suite with no table?” 1 of 5 stars

Special Price
TripAdvisor Exclusive
Ranked #71 of 77 Hotels in Boston
boston
“jr suite with no table?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2006

My husband and I booked a junior suite for our honeymoon. The suite was quite large but sparsley furnished. It contained a desk, queen bed, dresser and small sofa, but no table for room service. When we did get room service, they placed our order on the desk. There were no luggage stands, the TV worked for 2 out of our 4 day stay, there was no hot water for showering one morning, and there was a smell of exhaust from the air conditioning unit. As bad as all that is, considering we paid top dollar, the worst was the mouse we saw running under the tables in the lounge. Yuck! The only good thing about this place is it's location.

• Liked — it's location
  • Disliked — the mouse in the lounge
  • Tips/Secrets — Although I'd been to conferences at the Park Plaza, I should have done more research on customer satisfaction regarding the actual stay.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (829)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2006

We were concerned about previous reviews but we were pleasantly surprised. This hotel was faboulus and would stay there again. We had a room on the 9th floor, double beds. The room was fine and was very clean everyday. Everyone was very helpful. We booked this through priceline for $90 a night which was a great deal. The location if perfect just around the corner from the Cheers bar and the Bostom Commons park.

Would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Northeast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2006

Where to begin...
1. I checked in simultaneously side-by-side with a couple who apparently did not book their room on hotels.com as I did, thus they were treated better than I was. I got my room key thrown into an old envelope and was told where the elevators were by a point in their direction, while the full-paying couple beside me had their room key put in a nice little envelope and was directed to the bell desk.
2. My heat did not work! I spent my night shivering under my winter coat. My friends in other rooms also had no heat, while other friends were sweating when they turned the heat as low as it could possibly go.
3. WORST OF ALL--THERE WAS HAIR in my bed!!!!!!!!
I turned down the sheets at 2am after coming home tired from a wedding to find not only that my sheets were ripped, but that there was hair in there---and I do not just mean one piece (as if that would be acceptable)--then I put the sheet back down and there was also hair between the sheet and the cover...I WANTED TO VOMIT.

• Stayed October 2006
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2006

Like someone else that recently reviewed this hotel, we booked through Priceline (at $100/night) and then checked out the reviews. We were also more than a little concerned after reading the reviews. We checked in at 1pm on a Friday afternoon for a 4 night stay without any problems. They didn't have a king sized bed in a non-smoking room so we (myself, wife, and 2 year old child) took a room with two double beds. Room #605 was much larger than we thought it would be considering the reviews. It was about 18x15 feet. There was roughly 2.5 feet on each side of the bed and between the two of them, with right around 7 feet at the foot to the wall. The room had a large dresser, TV, desk and two chairs. The bathroom was very small 6x5 feet....just enough room for a tub/shower, toilet, and sink. The closet was a big surprise though...it was a walk in and probably a little larger or at least the same size as the bathroom. Yes, the hotel is a little older but the room was clean aside from worn carpet.

So, after seeing our room and sleeping there for a night, I couldnt' understand all the negative reviews. Until...I checked out other rooms when the staff was cleaning them and the doors were open. It appears we were just fortunate and got a larger than normal rooms. Some rooms appeared just large enough for a double bed (must be their "European size" rooms) and dresser and even the rooms with two doubles didn't appear quite as big as ours but not too much smaller.

Moral of the story...you are really paying for the location which is second to none. Priceline it and you won't be disappointed. At $100 we were ecstatic. At $175 we would have felt satisfied and at the normal retail rate of $260, disappointed.

Stayed October 2006
Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2006

I booked this hotel for $100 with Priceline. I stayed in a room with two double beds. The room was on the 14th floor, and large enough. The bathrooms are VERY small. No exhaust fan, so the ceilings are in desperate need of a re-paint. The beds are okay, but the pillows are very thin. Checking in was okay, very busy! The location can't be beat, but the hotel really was overrated.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The size of the bathrooms
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for an upgrade!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2006

Stayed at the hotel on Sept 30th for a night on the town with my boyfriend for his birthday. We checked in around 2pm - check in is at 3pm - but thought maybe our room was ready. Had to wait in a huge line for 20 minutes just to ask if a room was ready. There wasn't one. But we were told we could pay for our room then and come back after 3pm to get our room keys - which we were told would be easier for us. Came back around 4pm and had to wait in another long line. More than 20 minutes this time. They had 2 people working the front desk on a Saturday, which we also found was a day the hotel was fully booked. You'd think they'd prepare for a 100% occupancy day with more staff - especially for the price you pay. Our room was like a closet. We could barely move around. Very old style. Only think modern in the room was the duvet comforter. All night we could hear other room doors slam. That's just they way the doors close apparently. Called Guest Services and no one ever answered. Housekeeping came in around 8am when we were still sleeping. Check out was another nightmare. Took forever. Had to wait for 25 minutes for valet to get our car as well. Never will return, not even if we were offere a comp stay. Very overrated hotel. Plenty of other lux hotels in the area more worth it. You do not get what you pay for at this hotel. Its almost a joke.

Stayed September 2006
Quebec
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2006

My husband and i stayed at the Boston Park Plaza hotel in September 2006. The front desk clerk was quite nice. The room was big and comfortable. The hotel is closed to everything so we just could walk all over without problems.

• Liked — The hotel is close to everything, so we could walk
  • Disliked — The price of the room
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Boston Park Plaza? Share your experiences!