“If you choose inside cabins on cruise ship because you believe you dont stay in your room then this hotel is fine” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Boston Park Plaza

TripAdvisor Exclusive
Ranked #71 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Jupiter, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed here a few days after our cruise around Canada. Our cruise ended in Boston. My husband and I get inside cabins on cruise ships because we believe the room is only to sleep in. We are out doing shore excursions and when at sea other activates. When not cruising I only want to spend around or less than $200 a night for a hotel in a good location.

This hotel is next to Boston Commons and is easily accessible to other historic attractions in Boston. If you like to hang out in your room then I would not stay here. If you have the attitude that you want a good place to stay in a great location that is clean then this will be fine. The rooms are adequate and bigger then inside rooms on a cruise ship. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
JuneM-GeneralMgr, General Manager at Boston Park Plaza, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear jupitertravel12,

I want to thank you for taking the time to submit your review with us. We are happy that your overall stay with us was a great experience. Thank you again for staying and we look forward to your next visit.

June McDougall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (828)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Ok so how often do you gift your kid with a $500 hotel room? Never right? Well to celebrate a truly special occasion he and I split the cost of a night at the Boston Park Plaza hotel and Red Sox tickets. thank God for the tickets. Because the room was disgusting. since I wouldn't say the word I hope you know what pubes are, in the bed.

And in a business that trades on class which is defined by caring service, Indira in no way meets that standard. She could have cared less about the fact that he was heart broken and her hotel was gross. What were we gonna do? this IS all I've got. But here it is.

PHOTOS MAY FOLLOW.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
JuneM-GeneralMgr, General Manager at Boston Park Plaza, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Cynthia,

We’re very sorry we were unable to provide you with the high quality of service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the issues you encountered with cleanliness and the problems have been reported to our housekeeping team. We would very much like to investigate the circumstances of your review further. Would you please contact our Executive Office and reference this review so that we may assist you? Thank you again for your comments.

NW London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My wife and I are currently away celebrating our Silver Wedding Anniversary, we booked in to a double room which was very shabby and small, the shower cubicle floor even had a crack in it, we complained (first time in my life!!) and was moved to another room, the room was a lot bigger (I am sure some prison cells were bigger than the last) but the bed was smaller than a standard UK double or so it seems or maybe no other hotel in the USA uses such small 'double beds', we were told that they might move us to something better but on requesting this today were told well you only booked a double so this is the best your gonna get, not quite the usual USA helpfulness we have found every where else, would strongly recommend avoiding this hotel, thankfully only booked in for 3 nights, one of which has gone, looking forward to moving on to I am sure much better accommodation and value for money, strongly recommend avoiding this hotel if you are coming to Boston

Room Tip: Find a different hotel!!!!
Dear Bradjt1,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to learn of your disappointing stay with us. As this is an anonymous review, I'm unable to speak with you to further investigate the circumstances of your review. If you could be so kind as to contact our Executive Office before you check out, we will gladly assist you. Thank you.

Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

After checking on-line for months, I booked 2 rooms for a brief visit to Boston following our son's wedding. Some of the reviews for this hotel were not great, but the price and location seemed good. I asked for rooms on the same floor for my elderly parents but that didn't happen. No worries, they seemed to get by okay. They were disappointed in their great-view room because of the street noise. We were disappointed with our brick wall view but our room was quiet. So--sacrifice view for noise, I guess. The room temp was cool enough but hubby likes to hear a fan blowing and the a/c was so quiet as to seem off. So that was his biggest complaint. Our room must have been on of the combination rooms where 2 smaller rooms were made into one because we had 2 teeny tiny bathrooms. Much nicer than the alternative of one teeny tiny bathroom but still tiny. All the staff we encountered were super nice and everything seemed clean and well-maintained. We loved the proximity to the Public Gardens. Would definitely stay here again. But be warned...the lobby breakfast is pretty pricey and you can go around the corner and get a pretty good breakfast of bagels, croissants, fruit, eggs and more.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the street--or is on a higher floor if you don't want to he...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear dewdropinn,

Thank you kindly for your review of the Boston Park Plaza. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay and apologize that we could not accommodate your request to be on the same floor. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Although a little tired, the Boston Park Plaza didn't disappoint.
The beds were comfortable, rooms were very clean and our coffee/tea
items were dutifuly replenished every day.
The lobby was rather dark and tired however, it's location was perfect.
Right in the heart of Boston. A block away form Boston Common and a 20min
walk to many, many attractions and excellent resteraunts.
I paid $189/night for a room with 2 double beds.....compared to other much higher
costing hotels, I was happy with my choice/stay and would recommend this hotel
to anyone who wants to be centrally located at a reasonable price.
tb
Ottawa, Canada

Room Tip: Ask for inside room...less noise from city traffic
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Tania,

I want to thank you for your enthusiastic review about our hotel, although I am concerned that there was some aspect of your stay that was not up to par as we only received 1 star from you. Should you like to discuss this matter further, I invite you to contact our Executive Office so that we can be of further assistance. Thank you again for sharing your comments!

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I was worried based on comments and ratings that this hotel would be awful. Yes, the room was small, but was perfectly comfortable for two of us for 3 nights. The bathroom is tiny, so as long as you're comfortable with that, the room is fine! It was clean and comfortable. Location of the hotel was unbeatable and we didn't encounter any unpleasant staff as other reviewers did. Would recommend if you just need a place to sleep and hang out between attractions!

Dear claireheff,

Thank you for your great feedback. I am happy that you decided to stay with us and really hope to see you for future visits. Safe travels!

Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very old with a rich history which is good to know. However, historic appeal can only go so far. The rooms are HORRIBLE!! I'm talking old dusty motel 6 bad. My room was like a walk in closet with dirty stained carpet, dusty old a/c unit, moldy wall paper, leaky sink, and ugly small bathroom. The only reason I stayed here was for a conference. God only knows why my employer chose this place other than location, location, location. I will attach pictures of my room #1226. Do not stay at this hotel unless you have to. Maybe it will be better after the renovations.

• Stayed July 2014
JuneM-GeneralMgr, General Manager at Boston Park Plaza, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear LaTonya,

Please let us take this opportunity to express our remorse for your recent visit to the Boston Park Plaza. It is clear by your comments that your experience fell far short of expectations, and we hope that you'll allow us to extend multiple apologies for the service shortfalls. As you may have noticed, we are currently under a major renovation and refurbishment throughout our entire hotel. As part of the renovation, the lobby, guest rooms, as well as all of the exterior and interior of the Hotel and our HVAC units will be updated. Please considering coming back in the future to see our many great changes!

June McDougall

Been to Boston Park Plaza? Share your experiences!