“Grand Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #71 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Sydney, Australia
“Grand Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

A beautiful hotel the rooms were spacious with all you need. The location is very handy close to the train station. The gym is of a high quality and the attention to detail is worth commenting.
The bar in lobby is a great spot for a pre dinner drink or an after dinner drink.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
JuneM-GeneralMgr, General Manager at Boston Park Plaza, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear ZeloBP,

Thanks for your great review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our prime downtown location and our state-of-the-art remodeled fitness center. We hope that you'll come back soon to visit us!

June McDougall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (826)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

The room value was far below the price. I can understand wanting to keep the historic feel but this hotel room awful...bath tile, seriously. The room was beyond dated. This shows just how much you (don't) value your customers when you put actually no money into the upkeep of your rooms. Update the dawn rooms!!! I will never stay here again and I will look for every opportunity to send customers away from this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear maverick,

Thank you for your suggestions. Please be assured we are coming up with a plan to update our guestrooms. We hope that you might reconsider and come back and see our changes. Thank you again for commenting. we wish you safe travels.

Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

This Past September I took a trip to Boston and decided to try a different hotel. I wasn't sure about this hotel, but I must say the experience was stellar. I have been to Boston a number of times to visit family, but have never really explored the area. I stopped by the concierge desk and I am glad I did. My trip started off horribly with a late flight, and awful taxi ride, but the gentleman I spoke to at the desk, Damien , helped me forget that part. Damien took a lot of time explaining the area and made me feel like he was an ambassador to the Boston area as well as your hotel. Though the room was a bit small it was comfortable, and housekeeping did a nice job of keeping the room clean. Overall it was a nice trip, and September seems to be a good time of year to visit. My wife and I are planning another trip to Boston, and I decided to call ahead to ask a few questions as well as arrange for some tickets and asked for Damien. I was glad to get him again since just like the first time he handled everything professionally and courteously. I look forward to our upcoming trip and staying at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear president145,

We are incredibly happy to hear that our knowledgeable Concierge, Daymeyn, was able to turn around your trip for you and help make it memorable! We will make sure he is recognized. Looking forward to your next visit with your wife. Until then, safe travels!

Saratoga Springs, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Good location, tiny room. Bathroom was kind of dirty (bathroom door could use a good cleaning). Fire drill at 2:30 AM where entire hotel was evacuated kind of dropped my rating. Not their fault, but still it had it's effect.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
JuneM-GeneralMgr, General Manager at Boston Park Plaza, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear LauraBSpa,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. We would like to offer our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the fire alarm and the disturbance it caused your stay. However, we take health and safety very seriously and if the alarm is activated, we must assume that it is indeed a true activation of the alarm system and evacuate the hotel. Your experience has been shared with our Hotel Operations Team to ensure internal follow-up. While there is never a second chance to make a good first impression, we thank you for your genuine input about your visit and hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity to "wow" you.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

The Park Plaza Hotel in boston stands along Park Square which is east of the Back Bay area of Boston, and it to the west of the The Arlington "mbta" stop is located less than two blocks away. This property is positioned with easy access to Newbury Street, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, and the Theater and Financial districts.It is a wonderful hotel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
BobW-GeneralMgr, General Manager at Boston Park Plaza, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Mitasvil,

Thank you very much for your fabulous 5 star review of the Boston Park Plaza! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our prime downtown location and we are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Bob Williamson
Hollywood, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This was my letter to this hotel, they need to realize after three huge mistakes, hard to make up for a sour taste in your mouth. Spending the first night in the small room and even smaller bathroom was ridiculous, after having reserved a king room months prior.

I am so disappointed with my stay, even though the manager named Shayla tried to correct all the wrongs, your front office staff is incompetent beyond belief.
I will start with the young woman that checked me and failed to tell me that the hotel was overbooked and the hotel downgraded my room.
When I went down stairs after seeing the closet they place me in room 805, Edward stated that they would set aside a room on the 12 th, when I came back he stated that the floor manager said"if she really wanted it she would have moved right away". They gave my room to someone else, I had asked to speak to the manager three different times, and finally I spoke to her, she gave me 50% off the room for the first night! even offered me free internet! which I had already prepaid when I booked my room.
Then the next afternoon they moved me to 10100 bigger room, with a very small shower but at least it had a tub that was bigger in which you could shower. The shower in this hotel are 20 inches wide, if you plan to wash you hair, your elbows will be hitting the wall.

Shortly after check out, I called the hotel, I had left an item in the room, I was told I have to call 24 hours later, that nothing is reported prior to this!

What!!!!

This hotel offers zero customer service, I will give Shayla a thumbs up for trying to correct everyone else's mistakes.

Elizabeth

Room Tip: Room 805 size of match box, 20" inch wide shower, your arms will hit the walls as you try to wa...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Boston Park Plaza. I sincerely apologize for the challenges you experienced during your stay and can understand why you felt disappointed with the service you received. I welcome you to please contact our Executive Office and reference this review so that we can assist you.

Bob Williamson
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This hotel was well located and near to the shopping, parks and facilities.
Service was prompt and always helpful.
The rooms up on the 14th level were quite spacious with a large open plan area including bedrooms, office desk and cupboards and robes. I was in #1490 which was a semi corner room with plenty of space and views looking over the city and skyline.
The rooms were a little dated and starting to show signs of wear and tear. The rooms were well cleaned but sometimes with age, you just can't clean it any better.
The beds were very comfortable and quite quiet. I had heard from another guest that they were having problems with the airconditioning and had to open the windows to cool the room down. I'm glad i was not in that room.
Bathroom was neat and tidy.
Internet was extra $12 a day if needed.
Staff helped you with any questions on what to do in Boston.

Room Tip: Level 14 was nice. 1490 was a great room as well.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear fishinwater,

Thank you for your feedback; we greatly appreciate your comments. Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

June McDougall

Been to Boston Park Plaza? Share your experiences!