“good hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #71 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Bettendorf, Iowa, United States
“good hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Nice hotel in a good location. Nice shopping and cabs are a plus. Ask about tours in Boston at hotel, get a map and have fun in this lovely city. Take a trolley and explore or do a duck tour. Nice rooms , food is great , breakfasts are great, people are nice and etc.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mark_Anderson-GM, General Manager at Boston Park Plaza, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Greg,

Thank you for your enthusiastic review about our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience in our city and that you had a good time. Please come back soon!

The Boston Park Plaza Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (830)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Locust Grove, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Was booked in this hotel through a tour I was on. Walking into the lobby I thought this was going to be a great room. The elevators are very fast which is a plus. Walking down the hall to the room reality began to set in. The doors are old and awkward (not sure what is up with the swans). The rooms are tiny and the bathrooms are even smaller. I was constantly scraping my knuckles on the shelf directly above the toilet. Our first room had a king bed and it was comfortable. This room also had a view of the city. We had to stay an extra night and were put in a room with a double bed. This bed was not comfortable and had a view of air conditioner units. The hot water in the shower gets hot quickly and stays that way. This hotel is in a great location within walking distance of many attractions. Next time in Boston we will try another hotel in the area. I wonder why you would pay $25 dollars for the breakfast buffet when Au Bon Pain is a block away and has wonderful pastries??

Room Tip: Would definitely upgrade to a tower room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ANDY74361,

Please let us take this opportunity to express our remorse for your recent visit to the Boston Park Plaza. It is clear by your comments that your experience fell far short of expectations, and we hope that you'll allow us to extend multiple apologies for the service shortfalls. In no way does this reflect the service culture we strive to foster at the Boston Park Plaza; please rest assured that our Executive Team has been notified. Thank you for bringing all of these issues to our attention. We will address them going forward, and will work toward a suitable remedy.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Having seen mixed reviews, I was not too sure what to expect, but can now recommend this gracious old hotel without any hesitation. My husband and I and our 17 year old daughter stayed in a HUGE one bedroomed suite on the 8th floor and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Both the bedroom ( king bed) and the living room ( with fold down queen bed) were extremely spacious and well appointed. There are two bathrooms, which was a big plus. The hotel is very well situated, just a block from Boston's public garden and the common and Arlington T station is right outside. Plenty of great restaurants nearby - don't miss Legal Seafood just around the corner!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Belinda,

Thank you for your review. Your satisfaction is paramount to the success of our business, and we want to let you know that we value you and your patronage very much. This is the culture of service that we strive to foster, each and every day. We are thrilled that you had a lovely stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

From Montreal, we booked a long week-end to go to Boston. Based on reviews on Tripadvisor, we booked this hotel and were pretty happy with our choice.

Excellent location, very clean, nice and polite staff, it was a no-brainer hotel just as we like to go on such a 3 days escape.

The only thing that we found disappointing was the bathroom that was microscopic! You can't even open your legs when you do your number 2!!! lol...

Overall, I recommend this hotel and also, the fondue restaurant they have in the basement called "The melting pot". It was great. There is also this Italian restaurant across the street in the other hotel that is just great and no too expensive.

PS: Note that the view of our room was awfull but we didn't care since we were only there to sleep.

We had a lot of fun and food at a convenient price.

Room Tip: If you want to save money, take in "inside" room with the ugliest view you can imagine (br...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
MarioCuevas_HotelMgr, Manager at Boston Park Plaza, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Montrealtravelers,

Thank you for your enthusiastic review about our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience as our staff takes a lot of pride in the service we provide on a daily basis. Please come back soon!

Readfield, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We spend just two nights but they were memorable! We arrived to a busy lobby but were helped very quickly by wonderful young woman Vanessa. She not only upgraded us but sent a bottle of Champagne to our room with a nice note because she wanted to make our 30th anniversary special. Her thoughtfulness and zest was truly appreciated. We would highly recommend this hotel not just because of the nice surroundings but because of the staff.

Room Tip: The Tower rooms include breakfast and happy hour snacks which were a good savings.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Joanne,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed the little surprise we left for you. We look forward to your next visit!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We had a 2 bedroom suite and found a huge roach in one of the 3 bathrooms! They wanted to move us to a new room and were just going to put the rooms out of service! Eww! We will never be back! We checked out at 10pm and moved to a real 4 star hotel!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear ResourcefulCTlady,

We invite you to contact our Executive Office and reference this review so that we can further investigate the circumstances of your visit. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Halifax
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I often use Hotwire to book trips to Boston and I opt to select only the area that i want to stay in order to save some money on a hotel. I never know the name of the hotel until after I book the hotel. The 5 times before this trip, this worked out fine...and then i entered the Boston Park Plaza Hotel. The room was a little hole. You could barely fit in the bathroom. I am a thin man. If I weighed 20 pounds more, I'm not sure I could have sat on the toilet, given it was wedged so tightly between the wall and the tub. There was one double bed, and there was a desk which was consumed by the big screen TV on it. The air-conditioner was loud and interfered with sleeping. You barely had room to turn around in this room and the view was the the inner triangle of the building. I basically saw air conditioners when I looked out the window. I then tried to use the wi-fi and saw that there was a 13$ charge per day to have it in the room. I found out that wi-fi was, however, free in the lobby. When you pay close to 700$ for 4 nights in a hotel, shouldn't you have free internet in your room? Am I crazy? I tried using the "free wi-fi in the lobby" 5 times during my 5 night stay, but I was only able to actually connect once. I would tell the person working the desk, and they'd say, "Oh, I'll go turn it on." Huh? Shouldn't it be on? I t made no difference because even after they said they turned it on, it still didn't work. The first night there, the fire alarm went off at 4 A.M. and we were instructed to evacuate the building. I never made it out. the stair ways were clogged with people. Thirty minutes later, we were told it was okay and we could return to our rooms. I didn't really have a problem with this. these things happen. The next morning we had breakfast at the restaurant in the hotel. We were told the breakfast buffet was free due to the fire alarm SNAFU. Great. We ate what was otherwise a 25$ per person breakfast and were on our way. When I checked out of the hotel, however, I was charged for these two 25$ breakfast buffets. I told the woman working at the desk that I was told this was free due to the fire alarm problem. This woman, a late twenties, overweight, red-head, said to me that she nothing of this. I said, "Well, the restaurant told me I wouldn't be charged for it." She said. "Okay, I'll remove the charges, but so so you know, in the future..." and that is when I politely, but firmly interrupted her. "No," I said. "Don't tell me anything about 'for the future.' This has nothing to do with me. This is between you and the restaurant. The restaurant told me it would be free and that all I had to do was note it was free on the bill due to the alarm problem." This woman tried to make me believe that I had done something wrong and that next time I should be aware of this and not make the same 'mistake' twice. Well, I got news for you. There won't be a next time, because next time i will know the make of the hotel first and pay the extra cash. I'll be at the Sheraton. I was also told that when I wanted my car, that valet would take about 15 minutes to get it. the morning I checked out, however, I was told it could take up to 30 minutes. It didn't. It took about 15, but they should have their facts straight. Oh, yes, and the morning I checked out, I tried to call valet parking from my room and the phone in my room didn't work. The carpet in this hotel stunk, whether in the rooms, the elevators, the hallways, or the restaurant. The restaurant food was, in all fairness, quite good. The location is also great, but what location in Copley / Back Bay isn't?

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hole.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear dmf3367,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the multiple challenges you experienced during your stay and can understand why you felt disappointed with the service you received. Your comments have been shared with our Executive Office; thank you again. Should you like to discuss this matter further, we invite you to contact our Executive Office so that we can be of further assistance.

The Boston Park Plaza Management Team

Been to Boston Park Plaza? Share your experiences!