“Boston Park Plaza” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #71 of 77 Hotels in Boston
New York City, New York
“Boston Park Plaza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This has been the second time I stayed at this hotel in two months and both times were amazing. The rooms were clean, staff was accommodating, and the hotel itself is close to everything. I would definitely continue to stay at The Boston Park Plaza.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (830)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Metairie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed there last night and have to say that the location is fantastic. Close to the subway and to the park. The hotel is very loud and the walls are paper thin. I could hear everything that happened next store. When it rained over night it sounded like it was landing on tin so pretty disruptive to sleep. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was small but was updated so it was fine. The staff was very helpful. Great for a quick visit but if staying a long time may not get great sleep. But, would probably stay again due to location.

Room Tip: Request a high floor overlooking the street.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Nice hotel but old. The biggest issue is that the walls are quite thin and you can hear people speaking in the next room.

On the plus side, it's only a few miles from the airport. The food is good and the gym is new (very nice). I also went for a run down by the water which is quite close.

Staff is hard working, polite and do care about your stay.

Room Tip: I selected this hotel as it was $200 a night cheaper than the Westin.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Holtsville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Fun visit with my niece planned. Made reservations on Priceline, got a great price. Turned out I made it for the wrong weekend, not the Columbus Day weekend, and was unaware of my mistake until I checked in. And the hotel was fully booked.

Ruth, behind the front desk, went above and beyond. She contacted numerous hotels searching for available rooms and even tolerated my request for only hotels that had a history, not a chain hotel. As luck would have it, I spent the first night at my neice's place and the second night at Boston Park Plaza. What could have been a disasterous turned out to be a great experience. And the room was wonderful! Thanks Ruth!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Burton-on-Trent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We enjoyed our stay in the hotel. Check-in was very friendly and efficient, and the reception area is magnificent. The room was comfortable, but smaller than we expected. The bed was comfortable though. We had breakfast in the hotel (we chose the Continental Buffet - lots of variety to choose from). The staff at breakfast were very attentive and provided lots of coffee refills. The location of the hotel is terrific - just a short walk away from the Public Garden and Boston Common, and there is a subway station close by (Arlington on the green line).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

First the good. Great location and pretty lobby. When we entered the hotel we asked where to check in and was told to stand on a lone. This didn't bother me until I saw other guest going to a different line and checking in one after the other. When I asked the Manager why there wasn't one line he shrugged his soldiers and said that was how it is. Poor response! They did give us a free upgrade which was lovely. Bathroom tub drained slow. I called for a one hour extension to checkout from 12 to 1 pm. First told NO. When I questioned further they reluctantly agreed to the extension of time to checkout. Went for ice at the ice machine. Machine was broken. I went down to the lobby and asked where I could get ice and advised them that machine was broken. Receptionist told me that in the future each floor had ice. I asked if I should walk from floor to floor to find a machine that worked. She then went to get me ice. This is supposed to be a high end hotel. It is certainly expensive. I do love Boston and would come back but not to this hotel.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I feel hesitant to say anything negative about this hotel because the front desk and it's management are super terrific, but I am supposed to be objective, so here goes.
The Hotel itself is dedicated as an historic property and was the Statler Hilton. It was owned recently by Starwood then purchased by a local company.in it's prime in the 60's and part of the 70's it was the place to go and have a delicious breakfast , lunch or dinner.
Today the hotel needs a complete overhaul and it desperately needs a contemporary facelift.
I checked in , brought up to my room and was speechless at its condition. The generally management did everything possible to move me into a view room and succeeded however that did not distract from the wear and tear and run down look of the room. It was total shabby with chipped and stained furniture which was very old school. However I did stay because all the other hotels had no openings or were off the charts in pricing( standard weekend room at the 4 seasons
Minutes away from was $595 per nite. Despite the extremely shabby looking room I decided to give it a chance ( price was good at $209).here comes the bad news, heat in my sisters room didn't work. In my room I couldn't sleep because I could hear very loud talking for hours from the adjoining room . But once the hotel is renovated I would give it a 2nd chance because the location
Is great and management was more then accommodating.
And you heard the toilet loudly flushing from the adjoining room.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view See if you can get a renovated room if there is one?
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Boston Park Plaza? Share your experiences!