“Great location, friendly helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #26 of 77 hotels in Boston
“Great location, friendly helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Just finished a three day, two night stay at the Marriott Boston Long Wharf for business. The staff were very helpful, friendly, efficient and understanding. The team managed a group of 20 with ease and grace, met all the needs and wants of the guests not only for rooms, but service at the Waterline restaurant and more. This is Boston at it's very best!

Room Tip: The rooms are all great - maybe a bit noisy on floors 1-3 close to the atrium.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Victor A, General Manager at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. Sounds like your group of 20 had an enjoyable experience with all aspects of the hotel, including our Waterline Restaurant. We hope to host you and your group once again in the future.

1,089 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We were visiting Boston for college tours and the location was fantastic, as everyone comments. We walked everywhere from the hotel including Quincy Market, the Freedom trail, Little Italy, and beyond. As a family of 5, it was very difficult to find a room in Boston. The Long Wharf brought in a full-sized roll away bed that fit comfortably in the room of 2 double beds and the room was a reasonable price. That said, on the spectrum of hotels, this is more of a convention style hotel. Large hotel, with OK rooms, not especially warm and enviting, but functional with a great location. In our case, the 5 person capacity and great location outweighed the need for a more refined experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Victor A, General Manager at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
TThank you for your recent review, I am glad you found our hotel comfortable for 5 people during your recent trip to Boston to visit colleges. We hope to see you again in the future.
South Portland, ME
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have been to this hotel several times over that last couple of years for my companies annual sales meetings. It is a very run fo the mill hotel. There is nothing really special about it. They did do a renivation a couple years ago so it's a little better but nothing to right home about. The pool is very small the bar is nice it looks out at the water. But I do prefer the westin when in boston.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am sorry to hear that our hotel is less appealing to you than others you have visited in the market. I do hope you had an enjoyable sales meeting with us.
Waterloo, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

My son gave me a gift of a trip to Boston with a 3 night stay at the LongWharf. The location is wonderful for visiting tourists! The Aquarium is outside the front door, the T stops there,too. The area has oodles of wonderful restaurants nearby.

My complaint is with my room. I am not a young person, and they gave me a room that was 150 steps from the only elevator. I was amazed that an hotel of this size didn't have another elevator. My other disappointment was that I had no view outside. My window was on an inside wall overlooking the banquet room. Every morning and evening I could hear dishes and silverware clinking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel. It sounds like you enjoyed the location of the hotel but not your room location. I would be happy to assist with a better room assignment during your next visit to our hotel, Please contact me prior to arrival and I will coordinate.
Columbia, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night prior to our recent cruise. We had a big problem as I had left my handbag with our passports and ID in a cab we had taken from the airport. Called their helpline for advice and couldn't get a call back, waited an hour, then down to the front desk....clueless to put it mildly....we waited while they futzed around and finally after several hours they put me in touch with the Boston police dept who handles these situations.....they told me that the Marriott should have known to call their ofc in the first place. Well the Boston police dept are heroes in my book...using only the four last numbers of my credit card, they were able to track the cab and 15 minutes later they had the cab driver coming back to the hotel to deliver my purse!!

A large full service city property should have front desk staff that can give their best to work hard to help a customer (and we are platinum lifetime elite by the way), but their training was so poor they didn't have a clue. We asked to speak with the general manager a couple of times and they really didn't want that to happen! The concierge however, did start calling cab companies immediately, he was compassionate, and helpful.

The room on the concierge level was fine, lounge was good, so they hit the right notes there, but in the service dept no way. After it was all over they asked what they could do for us, anything we want (I think they knew they had dropped the ball here), and after prompting they comped our room and dinner....finally we see a glimmer of the old "Marriott Way"!

At close to $300 per night we expect more, and did expect to speak with the General Manager at some point during this period. We won't stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate your candid feedback in regards to how the staff at the hotel handled your items left behind in a city taxi. I will certainly use take this as a learning opportunity and train all of our service staff as to the best course of action when this happens in the future. I am sorry that we let you down and would be happy to discuss this further with you. Thank you for taking the time to complete a review.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Just returned home from a two-day stay in Boston with my family. This was our first time visiting the city, so I did a good amount of research to find a hotel in the right location. This hotel is outstanding. The subway is right outside the door which takes you all over the city. The hotel is located right on the harbor with beautiful views. Aquarium is also right next door. Other very close attractions are Faneuil Hall, the North End, Chinatown, the Old State House. Location couldn't be better. The hotel is bright and clean and updated. The staff is outstanding. Upon check-in we were advised that they had overbooked for the night and offered us a room at a local Marriott hotel. John, the manager, stressed that it was voluntary and we could still have the room we had reserved. We were told that our night would be comped as well as breakfast and parking, and upon our return the next day we would be upgraded to better room. We took him up on his offer, and we were very, very happy that we did. John kept our bags and our car parked at his hotel so we could keep our plans on that end of the city. Once we picked up the car and headed to our new hotel, we found our room was beautiful, we had a delicious breakfast, and parked for free. When we returned to the Long Wharf on Sunday, we had been upgraded to an amazing suite with a private balcony. We were given Concierge level keys so we had access to the lounge which offered breakfast, hors d'oeuvres, and desert. We were also given complimentary internet access and late check out and free parking. John went over and above to make up for the inconvenience of moving to a different hotel. When we thought things couldn't be more perfect, some extra treats were sent to the room. All staff members were friendly and accommodating. The concierge staff really knew their stuff. Jimbo, the doorman, greeted our son each and every time by name and went out of his way to make him feel special. We will be back for sure. Thank you all for really making our stay extra special. We truly appreciate the personal attention we received.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Victor A, General Manager at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I am very happy to hear your comments regarding staff service at our hotel. On those very rare occasions that we have to relocate a guest, we try very hard to ensure that the experience will be a positive one, and in your case it sounds like it worked out perfect. I will personally thank John for a job well done as well as Jimbo at the front door! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Belfast, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed on a business trip in Oct 13, hotel is well placed for all Boston waterfront activities. Room was good, and the trip to the airport by water taxi is a must do - ask at reception or see the concierge to book it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. The water taxi is a great way to get around the Boston Waterfront and Airport. I am happy to see you had the opportunity to enjoy the location and amenities. We hope to see you again in the future.

Been to Boston Marriott Long Wharf? Share your experiences!