“Fantastic location ruined by terrible sleepless stay” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #25 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Augusta, Maine
“Fantastic location ruined by terrible sleepless stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Location was fantastic and room quality was ok especially considering the price point. The beds were hard as rocks and that was not even the beginning of our sleepless night. The noise from the atrium and hallway outside our room was the worst we have ever experienced. What has happened to parenting these days that children (we have two young children that were with us) are allowed to run, scream, yell, pound on doors and disrespect property, especially in an area that impacts others. The noise outside our room continued until well after 2am. It was a pure miracle that we even got our children to sleep and thank goodness they are sound sleepers but they did stir on several occasions. How can hotel staff not feel the need to try to control some of it? We are all about having a great vacation and good time with our children but when we return to a hotel room for the evening, we respect those around us and make sure our children do the best they can. So if you are looking for an all party in the halls, this is your place but if you want some sleep after a long day of adventures...you might want to look elsewhere, we will next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Victor A, General Manager at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. I am very sorry for the concerns you had regarding noise and lack of sleep with your family. As with any hotel, we will have our fair share of noise issues from the corridors and other guests, but this is not typical. We did have a full house during the recent February school vacation week and had limited noise issues. Regardless of this fact, it is obvious that you did not have an enjoyable experience. Having young children myself, I can understand the need for a good nights rest after a busy day. I am sorry that we let you down. I would be happy to discuss this with you and arrange for a more enjoyable stay in the future, feel free to contact me at the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Branford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I would recommend the hotel strongly. Initially the check in wait was long however they resolved it quickly. The room was clean, large enough, and well appointed. Breakfast was fine and service was good. All went very well.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Altos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

With the demolition of the former I-93 elevated free way, the Marriott Long Wharf has become one of the most prime locations to stay in Boston. Only a few stops on the Blue line from the airport and walking distance to shops, government center, fabulous seafood and the North End why would you stay anywhere else? The rooms do not have ambient city noise as they face Christopher Columbus Park or the Aquarium, the staff are super friendly, the rooms, lobby and front desk area are newly redecorated, modern and comfortable. The maid service is thorough, efficient and very kind. I've stayed at the Courtyard Tremont and the Marriott Copley and I have to say this is my favorite Boston Marriott location.

Room Tip: The 6th floor was quiet and the view was lovely.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Wow, what a great review. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. It feels really good to be the Marriott Hotel of choice in the city of Boston! I agree, our location has improved dramatically after the BIG DIG, now we have the beautiful Rose Kennedy Greenway for all to enjoy. We hope to see you again soon.
Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We only stayed one night but our visit was wonderful from the helpful and friendly Doorman, to the front desk reception area to the Conceirge. Not familar with the Boston area, the hotel staff made our visit even more enjoyable. The hotel also kept your luggage after check out so we could explore the city the next day too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Woodstock, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Well not really.

But I attended a overnight conference and checked at the front desk to see if I could leave my luggage as most rooms are not available until 3pm. I was told my room was ready, was given my keys and I went to drop my bag off in the room. Opps ... My key didn't work. I returned to the desk, disappointed, but received newly coded keys and returned. Little bump in the road. Happens. At 5:30 I returned to my room and stopped briefly after entering. Was I in the same room?? There on the desk was a tray of fruit, cheese, a bottle of red wine and a note from Laehter (The women who checked me in that morning) apologizing for the keys not working. WOW .. I took the tray down to the lobby and shared with friends. I had already liked the hotel. Hard to not really like it now. Nice lobby and vistas from the conference room. Used the Gym the next morning and it was well furnished. Breakfast was also good. Room was nicely appointed. Newer updates and convenient to other Boston business destinations.

Hard to forget such a kind gesture.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the hotel. You are very kind to mention the hospitality provided by our front desk associate after you key did not work. I have already shared your comments with our staff and they asked that I thank you on thier behalf. We hope to see you again soon!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Everything was great, all staff members went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable.The restaurant staff was the best, we had a server Mike who waited on us several times, he was the greatest. Helpful is an understatement. Never having been in Boston before and not knowing where to go, just step outside to the tour buses, there you will meet a man, His name is Vinnie,
.He suggested the tour bus, which was the way to go, suggested stops, best deals in town, restaurants and was the best ambassador of any city I have visited. I have never felt more welcomed in any place I have visited.This is definitely a city and hotel I would come back to.My friends and I have traveled extensively and were very impressed with the town, accommodations and most of all, the people.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I recently stayed here for a friends birthday weekend out in the town. I was surprised at how beautiful the inside was. Not USUALLY what I expected in a Marriott. The lobby was spacious with a nice lounge area. The hallways were large and the rooms were very clean well kept. I loved the gym area as well as the pool area. The views from the top floors were awesome especially at night. I didnt get a chance to check out the bar or restaurant (if there was any), but as for everything else, very exceptional!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Boston Marriott Long Wharf? Share your experiences!