“How a concierge lounge can effect perception.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #25 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Long Beach, California
“How a concierge lounge can effect perception.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Nice hotel, I have stayed their many times, but only when they offer discount rates. I like the location, and, by and large, I like the staff. One even had my car washed for me, cost a lot, but they did a great job. They have a nice bar area. They have a nice exercise room. Here is the down side. Their concierge lounge has a nice few of Boston Harbor, fun to watch the boats and ships go by. They give you these little tiny plates for breakfast in the morning, I'm talking smaller than a pie plate. You can go up as many times as you like, but it's work at a time when you want to start your day of right. They also don't serve any breakfast meats, no sausage or bacon. Certainly, a hotel this nice should have a nice concierge lounge experience. Their concierge, located downstairs is very helpful, but he will send you back to the same place, so if you've been there before, make sure you ask him for the latest and best in-spot.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the harbor if views are important to you.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I travelled with my wife who was in town for work. The conference she attended was being held in the hotel so we elected to stay as well for convenience. We were not disappointed. The central location allowed for easy access to the T (Aquarium stop) as well as all of the other sites in the area. The room itself was in good condition. I like the fact that it came with a small refrigerator and room safe. We had a nice view of a harbor out of our 2nd floor window (back of the hotel). We had lunch on our first day at the hotel restaurant and was not disappointed. Real turkey breast sandwiches that were generous in size and flavor. The conference provided a credit for the breakfast buffet that my wife raved about on multiple occasions. She is a bit of a foodie so it must have been good!! If you are in Boston for the sights or for work I would recommend staying here for the rooms and the location.

Room Tip: The hotel has a unique design on the inside. Our 2nd floor room was near the escalator and added to...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed for one night in December of 2012 with my wife and two children. This is a very nice hotel in a prime location on Boston's waterfront. It's next the the New England Aquarium and across the street from Quincy Market. You're in walking or short cab distance from most major attractions in Boston. Couldn't ask for a better spot!

The room was pristine but kind of small. We had a very nice partial view of the city. The food at the restaurant was good but the menu selection was limited. There are countless restaurants in the vicinity but unfortunately is was pouring rain, windy and cold at the time and we were not up for venturing outside.

This hotel is also extremely expensive. Not only the room rate but they also charge $45/nt to valet park your car (about average for hotels in downtown Boston) and you're constantly having hand out tips to bellhops and valets, which I guess is par for the course. Make sure you have plenty of one dollar bills so you're not handing out fives every time someone carries your bag, opens your car door etc.

So if you don't mind spending a huge sum of money by all means, stay at this hotel. It's a wonderful place with great rooms, great customer service in a perfect location. But I would expect nothing less at this class of hotel!

Room Tip: Be sure to have plenty on one dollar bills on hand to tip the bellhops and valets!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This Marriott is one of the nicest hotels in Boston. The feeling here is of elegance, while the other hotels I like to stay at have more of a modern feeling. The hotel is very clean and the carpet, rooms, and decorations are delightful.

The area is nice for a walk, being at the waterfront. I like other hotels better for food selection in the area, particularly those in Copley/Back Bay, but there are some options here and it's a short walk from the blue line (which takes you... to the airport) and a bit longer walk to the orange line, which takes you into Back Bay and Chinatown easily.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed her on business for one night in March because it was convenient to the office I was visiting. Overall very pleased:

Checkin-- I drove from the airport, lost my way, and had to call to get directions. The person who answered the phone was very good at talking me into a safe arrival at the hotel. Valet parking the car overnight was $46. I get tired of complaining about high parking prices (not just Marriott) so I'll just say that at least the valet was attentive and prompt. An escalator ride to the second floor put meinto a very sleek and modern lobby. I wish I could remember the name of the young lady who checked me in because she was excellent. Very quickly and efficiently gave me the information I needed for my short stay. Did this with a smaile. If there were more people like her, lines would move more quickly and travelers would be much happier.

Room-- Room was pretty standard for a Marriott. I had to work a lot so I was pleased with the desk and the chair. Bed was of a good firmness. Really nice view of the park behind the hotel. Shower pressure good. Bathroom of a reasonable size. I appreciate that a lot of people complain about small bathrooms, but, I mean, what do you do in a batroom that takes up so much space? I'd rather have them give me a little more room in the bedroom. Anyway, I thought this bathroom fine and the amenities were typical Marriott shampoo, conditioner etc.

Restaurant-- I didn't eat here but I did have a drink at the bar. Good pour, nice bartender. High price for a martini but quality was good.

Location-- Great location if I were a tourist. As it was, a restaurant in the North End (Bacco) was recommended to me by the same efficient woman who checked me in and I took a pleasent ten minute walk to get there. Excellent meal of bruscetta and rissoto sitting at the bar.

Breakfast-- Ate at the concierge lounge. Might have been a bit smaller than others but had a very nice view of the harbour. Usual Marriott food - eggs, bacon, good oatmeal etc. Very pleasant.

Check out-- Uneventful. Bill was correct.

Would not hesitate to stay here again.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I attended a convention here and stayed for two nights. The service before I arrived was poor. I called to to sure that I had a king size beg and was told that they were all sold out. But when I checked in a king size bed was no problem. Not the level of service I was expecting.

The room I had was small. It did had everything in it I needed but very little room to move around. The iron was in poor condition but did work.

The people working the convention were good and the food was better than expected.

If I were to return to Boston again, I probably would look elsewhere.

Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Disclosure: I'm Platinum Marriott Rewards

In New England it's good to book fun activities in March and early April... To bridge winter into Spring). So this Christmas my wife and I gave a weekend in Boston to her sister's family of five for a present.

We booked two rooms for this weekend. (March 8th 2013).

We checked in a little early. The team at the front desk recognized all the kids that and got us one room ASAP to drop off the bags. While we waited for the second room we moved into vacation mode. The kids got their swimsuits on and we asked about lunch at the pool and they quickly obliged. Room service called the pool twice to ask about salad dressing and drink choices. They went out of there way to make it perfect.

The kids moved some tables and chairs around for a picnic style lunch overlooking the harbor. A+

Our second room was ready after lunch. They surprised me. Upgrade to Long Wharf Suite. Amazing, amazing and really not necessary but, hey, HIGHLY appreciated. The kids lost their noodles with excitement. They loved the big living room and view over the harbor. They even build a snowman on the porch!

From then on every interaction with the staff made us feel like we were VIP's. I've stayed in hundreds of Marriott hotels from Istanbul to Tokyo and many other off brand hotels worldwide. This was the best service I've received aside from a handful of very expensive five star resorts.

Boston Marriott Long Wharf rocks! Thank you staff!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Boston Marriott Long Wharf? Share your experiences!