“Great hotel right in the heart of boston” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #25 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Berlin, Connecticut
“Great hotel right in the heart of boston”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed for a weekend in December of 2012. The hotel was huge. They have valet parking and you can pay 46.00 a day here or you can park across the street at Harbor Park for 35.00 a day which we did. It was a very short walk from the two. They have a Starbucks in the downstairs lobby. The room was very nice, clean and comfortable. Faneuil Hall is across the street in walking distance. The T is located right next to the hotel which made it very easy to get around. The waterfront is beautiful!! Great place in to stay in the warmer months when there is more going on outside on the wharf- but it was very nice even in the winter!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Pembroke, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I stayed at the Marriott Long Wharf for the night the night my husband and I got married. We arrived a little earlier thanc heck-in, but our room was available with no problems. The room was exactly as I booked: king bed at a reasonable rate. Everything was clean, comfortable and updated. Bathroom is a little small, but perfectly adequate and stocked with lots of towels and great toiletries. We left for the afternoon, and when we came back, the hotel left us champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries with a nice card for "The Newlyweds". It was a fantastic surprise on to round out an excellent evening. We had drinks and appetizers at the in-house restaurant. Our server, Mike, was attentive and friendly, without being overbearing. The restaurant is updated and cool, with large high-tops, lounge areas and cozy booths. Drinks were on par with Boston standards (expensive), but tasty. The pool and hot tub are on the smaller side, but also totally adequate with a great view. Something funny is that they played the best music. We stayed during Christmas, but thank goodness they stayed away from the tired Christmas music. It was upbeat, not obnoxious, and different in all the different common areas.

Parking is outrageously expensive. We were coming from the south shore, so we utilized the commuter boat. If you have to drive, park across the street for half the price.

Staff couldn't have been nicer. Amenities are plentiful. Location can't be beat. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Booking on Marriot.com is the same as the cheaper discount sites and they treat you better! Park acr...
Roanoke, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed at the Long Wharf during a recent conference in Boston. The hotel was also the conference location. The hotel was recently renovated and certainly meets Marriott standards. The location is great - only two train stops from Boston Logan on the Blue Line. When coming out of the train station, the hotel is right in front of you!

The aquarium and Faneuil Hall Marketplace are only steps away from the hotel, although I had limited time to visit these places due to the nature of my visit.

My only complaint about the hotel was the size of my room. I did have a king bed, but very little floor space compared to some of the other rooms in the hotel. My room was near the middle of the hallway and the entrance was offset from the hallway by a few feet, which made my room smaller. Since I was traveling alone, it wasn't a big deal, but if I were traveling with my wife and her things it would have been tight.

As I mentioned in the title, the exercise facilities were superb. Everything was up to date, in working order, and clean. There are stationary bikes, ellipticals, treadmills, a full set of dumbells with benches, and weight machines. The pool area looked very nice although I didn't use it.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get one of the smaller rooms unless you are alone and don't mind.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Cumberland, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I spent one night at the Boston Marriott Long Wharf and I must say it is pretty convenient and accessible. Faneuil Hall is within walking distance where there are tons of shops and restaurants. There are also tons of bars to go to for the night life. The rooms are a little snug to say the least but if you want a hotel room that your not going to spend a lot of time in the actual room this is great. My only compliant is that the irons that they had in the room were not that great. I had an event to go to where my fiance needed to iron his shirt and we could not get the wrinkles out with the iron that was provided.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I can't imagine how much smaller a room can be. I've stayed in many a european hotel where the expectation is that the room will be small but a Marriott in a major US city should not be compared to European hotels. As a marriott gold card member, I was shocked at the room I was given while attending a conference. Fortunately it was for only one short night. The hotel has an awkward entrance and if not for its superb location would not be a consideration for tourists.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the harbor; most rooms have very poor views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Spent two nights at this hotel the weekend after Thanksgiving. The doorman was friendly and helpful. Front desk staff was aloof when checking in and later gave us incorrect information regarding charges for using the phone and internet. I hate that this hotel charges you $14 to use the internet! Location is great. We were able to walk just a couple blocks to Faneuil Hall Marketplace which was beautifully decorated for the holidays. I would like to visit again sometime in the spring or summer since the hotel is right on the waterfront.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Fantastic hotel with a great location. As a Marriott rewards member I would say the marriott rewards lounge food is average at best. I was pretty disappointed with the overall selection. The restaurant has great food selection and outstanding bar tenders. The two guys have been there for 30 years. Fitness area is outstanding and rooms are nice.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Boston Marriott Long Wharf? Share your experiences!