“Central location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
south wales
“Central location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

It's a Marriott hotel so you know what to expect, nice rooms, really comfortable bed and good bathroom facilities. It's a very busy hotel, the lobby was constantly full of people but the staff were very helpful and happy to check things out for you. There is a free wifi service in the lobby and business area but being on the 31st floor made using it a little but of a nuisance and the charges to use it in-room were $12.95 a day which seemed a lot. We didnt eat in the hotel but having a fridge in the room meant we were able to store juice and pastries for a quick breakfast before exploring Boston. There is a very efficient coffee maker in the room but only two coffee sachets provided. They also offered tea which was great but having to use the coffee maker to boil the water made it taste horrid so we abandoned that idea. Great location right near Copley Square, the T stops and Newbury Street. We had a late evening flight and they gave us a late checkout and stored our cases for the day whilst we explored the city. No airport shuttle service.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be above the 21st floor so if you don't like heights this may not be the h...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
Irvine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I'm all about location & having the best view. I mean if the view from my room is not as beautiful than what I'm routinely use then it's not going to blow me away. Try to get a top corner room with view of the Harbor even if you have to wait to check in, it's worth it!
The drinks & appetizers at the bar are good & reasonably price.
The only negative was the request for a 2pm late check-out that I couldn't get after calling from my room and talking to two different female receptionist. It really upset me and almost ruined my day. I went down the following morning at the reception desk, almost missed my shuttle for the convention and personally requested a late check out from a male receptionist without a problem. Why was it such a big issue from the other two receptionist, I have no idea and I am a Marriott Elite member.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We booked our room on Priceline and we were happy with our decision. We were given a room on the 35th floor. The front desk staff was friendly. Our room was clean and updated. The location was convenient for exploring Boston by foot or on the T. We were not in our room much and did not use any of the amenities at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed here on the final leg of our American road trip. Our room was lovely, everything you would expect from the Marriet chain. The hotel was ideally located for exploring Boston and was linked to the shopping mall which was a bonus! The staff were friendly and helpful and check in/out and consierge were efficient. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is a great hotel, conference center and base to explore Boston. Rooms are big and have sensational views. The fitness center is better (space, equipment) than most comparable Marriotts. Staff is friendly and helpful. We returned a rental car (Budget) there easily. There are dozens of restaurants nearby. It was easy to get to the trail by the river for a jog. We walked to the Museum on Fine Arts and several other great attractions. There are a couple T stations close by for further exploration.

Room Tip: the higher up, the better the views!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Check in was very pleasant - young staff that is very helpful and eager to please. This hotel has a great location connected to a mall. I was there for a conference and have to rate the food just average although the service was good. Rooms were clean and nice enough. I have to rate it somewhere in between average and very good. Trip Advisor should have an above average category. I stayed for business and for this purpose it is fine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

During my most recent stay the hotel was effected by a blackout which effected the whole Back Bay Area of Boston. It started at about 0315am and was not fixed till 1015am. Although I was asleep when it happened I was awoken at about 05:30 by the most awful constant banging sounds which sounded like someone was either out in the corridor banging service trolleys or a window cleaning rig had come lose outside. It was then I discovered there was a black out and the noise was from people descending the fire escape stairs with their luggage banging off the steps.

Nothing in the rooms worked (not even he phone which was wireless and I feel this to be a major concern for safety) and there was no water. As I could not sleep with the racket I decided I should just go down and find out how long it may last and the. Go find an I effected area and go have an early breakfast. I noticed the staff had placed glow sticks in the lobby's and fire escape stairwells to light up the way for everyone. I was fortunately only on the 13th floor. However I was very impressed when I reached the lobby to find all the staff going out of their way to help everyone. I was immediately sent up to the bar on the second level where a limited hot breakfast and coffee was being provided for guests free of charge. Porters where assisting guests up and down the stairs, everyone was so friendly and the atmosphere was actually very upbeat!

I was wholly impressed, it could have been dealt with very badly but it was not. We where I formed that the power would go out again the following night between 1am and 0330am to try and fix the problem which concerned me as I had to leave at 6am but I was told that if the power was still out someone would knock on my door at 05:45 and assist me with my luggage which I thought was nice.

So basically It was a good experience under unusual circumstances. My only concern was how the phones in the room failed to work as they where wireless handsets which needed power (house phones near the lifts still worked) and I fear this could be a security issue.

But we'll don't Boston Marriott!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Boston Marriott Copley Place? Share your experiences!