We stayed for 5 nights over New year and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. As it was really cold outside having the Copley Mall and Prudential Mall attached to the hotel was a definite bonus.
The location was very good and only a 10 min walk to Boston common or Newbury street. Back bay station is only a 2 minute walk through Copley Mall.
We had a room on 26th floor which had great views over the city. The rooms were plenty big enough, not huge but we could not fault them.
There have been complaints about the elevators on trip advisor but we did not have to wait more than 30 secs at any time and the hotel was very busy.
The downside for me was the swimming pool which was full of children in the late afternoon and early evening but the gym was very good with plenty of equipment and no waiting.
We ate at Champions bar on New Year's Eve and the food was very good,with a good choice on the menu. The drinks menu had 26 draft beers at reasonable prices which was nice.
We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel due to the price but went to Starbucks on 2nd floor which was fine.
There is free wifi in the lobby and on the 2nd floor but they want $12.95 per day for wifi in the room - get real!
Overall this is a large chain hotel, whilst not luxury it does not disappoint. There are some very good deals to be had on the various comparison sites so worth the money.
- Also Known As:
- Boston Marriott Copley Place Hotel Boston
- Boston Marriott Copley Place Hotel
- Marriott Boston
- Boston Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A standout among other hotels in Copley Square, the award-winning Boston Marriott Copley Place is centrally located in the Back Bay district of the city. Just minutes from historic Trinity Church and Boston Common, our downtown Boston hotel’s location is perfect for business, weekend and leisure travel. Local shopping destinations include the stylish boutiques of Newbury Street, Copley Place Mall, and the Shops at Prudential Center, while nearby sporting venues make it easy to cheer on favorite teams at Fenway Park or TD Bank Garden. Guests are pampered with upscale amenities and on-site services including Champions sports bar and restaurant, valet parking, car rental and tour desk. Featuring 70,000 square feet of flexible, high-tech event space, our hotel is ideal for Boston conventions, business meetings and social events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Boston Marriott Copley Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.