“Terrific!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 77 hotels in Boston
Indore, India
“Terrific!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed in the hotel only for a night, but was a wonderful experience. Cosy beds, and warm room, all clean and fresh. I loved the coffee they provide in the room with the wide array of refreshments available. I could take the Duck tour the next day, from right behind the hotel, and came back later for a swim in the small pool indoors, next to the gym. They have great service, and lots of facilities one can use. Its pricey but you are paying for what you get, so I guess its only expected. It has a fantastic location, and that is great for any tourist like me. Hope you like it too!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

1,681 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
Beverly, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

For the last few years, I have been spending a few days prior to Christmas at the Boston Marriott to celebrate Christmas with friends before I depart for NY on Christmas morning to celebrate Christmas there. I love staying at the hotel during this time of year...the hotel looks so festive with the Christmas decorations. And as always, the staff is very nice and accommodating. The hotel is in a great location...part of the Copley Place that offers some nice shopping and restaurants. I have had a number of different rooms there with different views of Boston over the years and all have been very nice. The beds are exceptional as far as comfort. The hotel is a busy hotel and during the year, does host a number of different conventions. So the room rates do vary and can be pricey during "peak season". But if you can plan ahead and are flexible regarding travel dates (not during their peak season), you can get a good rate especially during many weekends. I tend to stay there prior to major holidays (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, etc.) so the hotel is never full - hence the better rates. (see Tips). All in all, a nice choice to get away for a few days or even one night.

Room Tip: I have found over the years, that by calling their 800 line to book a reservation, that I seem to ma...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location, near shopping, restaurants, and universities. The hotel is bustling with action non stop all day. Because of this, the elevators seem to be a little slow, nothing taking a little extra time can't handle though!!

• Stayed January 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights and wish we could have stayed longer... The room was spacious, clean and the beds so comfortable (no wonder they sell them from a catalogue!)

For a big hotel, the service was great, the health spa and pool were great and not too busy. a great way to relax after a day of shopping in the two great malls attached to the hotel!

Bathrooms were small but plush and very clean and smart.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

On a recent business trip, I stayed at this Marriott for four nights. Because we were conducting interviews for a position open at our institution, one of the three of us had a suite on the 37th floor, another had a regular room on the 38th floor, and I had a regular room on the 13th floor. All of us had good views from our rooms, the ones on the higher floors of course being more expansive. But all of us found the rooms quite comfortable and perfect for work. The suite with the comfortable sitting area for conducting the interviews and the conference table for us to work at in the same spatial area outside of the interview times was perfect since the bedroom and bathroom were separated by doors, so the suite provided the professional setting we had wished for our interviews: neither we nor the individuals being interviewed needed to be sitting on a bed (that would have been awkward, to say the least), and to do our business with each other none of us had to sit on a bed. The wi-fi connection was swift enough that we were not inconvenienced by delays such as occasionally happens in other hotels.

The two of us with regular rooms were happy to have the in-room refrigerator; the one with the suite was surprised to find there was none in his. But I had good views from two huge windows in my corner room, and I found the bed the usual soft, comfortable, and warm oasis to sleep in as I've found at other Marriotts. I enjoyed using the workout facility before a day of work, with aerobic machines like eliipticals, treadmills, and stationary bikes available for use each time I went in. People were usually there, but some were on the weight machines or were using the pool. Each time I returned to my room after working in my colleague's suite, the room was cleaned with supplies such as coffee and tea replenished. It might have been nice to have disposable shower caps as part of the amenities, but I had brought my own. I appreciated the in-room refrigerator for leftovers; one morning I therefore could luxuriate in left-over lobster as my breakfast in my room without worry of getting sick from seafood left overnight in the room as I slept. Also, with a 24-hour big grocery store that had a deli right across the street from this Marriott, I picked up Odwalla smoothies for breakfast and soft drinks that I could enjoy cold and keep at appropriate temperatures. Thank you for that refrigerator, Marriott!

When I was planning to venture out into the freezing cold on excursions, the concierge was quite helpful; when I returned from excursions, I enjoyed grabbing one of the cookies from the reception area for enjoyment either that evening or the next morning with the in-room coffee.

The fact we were there for a conference the first week of January made the location of this hotel ideal: through the skywalks we could still go into different malls for quick lunches at a food court or an in-mall restaurant. One of us swore by the morning breakfast buffet at the restaurant in the hotel; tall of us greatly appreciated the in-hotel Starbuck's. I was tickled that one mall even had a Roman Catholic chapel, so attending services for me over the weekend was convenient and didn't make me have to venture out in sub-freezing temperatures early one morning.

In sum, this hotel was great for professional and personal needs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
México, D. F.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

One of the best hotel in Boston!
It's very convenient to have a Hotel with 2 shopping centers without to go outside and just 2 blocks from Newbury St and the famous Boston Common Park.
Near to Mass Av and crossing the bridge you are in MIT.
They also have the best Clam Chowder in Mass!!!

Room Tip: Ask for higher rooms with view to the river
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Fantastic location for a city break. The hotel itself if nice, not over the top luxury but very nice. Right beside Back Bay shopping and nightlife and a short walk to the Public Gardens and Boston Common. The staff were very helpful when needed. Decent city bar with good bar food in the lobby and the overpass flyovers to the Prudential shopping mall were very helpful in the December weather. I was here for a combination of work and pleasure and it was a good base for both.

Room Tip: The only thing I would say is that our room(which was fine if not spectacular) was a very odd shape...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Boston Marriott Copley Place? Share your experiences!