“Another pleasant stay at the Marriott Copley Plaza” 4 of 5 stars

$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #54 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Another pleasant stay at the Marriott Copley Plaza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

I stayed at this property some time ago for a convention and my girlfriend and I decided to return to Boston for her birthday, so we chose the Marriott. I had mentioned to her from my previous trip that we may have to wait in line at check-in, but not so. Tanya was very helpful in assisting us upon check-in and the minute she found out the purpose of our visit, she upgraded us to a corner king on the 27th floor overlooking the river which was a great room!!! She didn't have to do that but that added touch made our day. Once we actually entered our room a nice fruit platter and champagne arrived at our door!! Thanks again Tanya. The room was very clean and the bed was wonderful? Can guest actually purchase these beds? The sour spot of our stay was when we went to the concierge desk and requested assistance in storing some bags. He pointed over to the bellstand and that was the end of that.... I actually had other questions that I would have liked for him to entertain, but after that, I chose not to bother him... The bellcaptain Ron was not only able to multi-task in storing our luggage but he gave us excellent recommendations for sea food and other tourist attractions and even offered to make the reservations for us!! Another staff member who made our day! Thanks Ron! Last time I was at the copley I ate off property but this time we had breakfast every mornings in the Champions restaurant, and it was quite good. They have a large breakfast buffet and a-la-carte offerings as well. Overall a very pleasant stay and we look forward to returning. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
Lowell, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I live about 20 miles outside the city, and stayed here for the night of my 30th birthday. I got a great price on priceline.com. It was totally worth the money spent, and while I'm not sure the normal $300+ price tag would really be worth it in most places... you won't find anything much cheaper in Boston that is this nice and in such a great location.

Located on Huntington Ave, the hotel is a relatively easy walk (or short cab ride!) to Fenway Park and the Lansdowne St night life. Newbury St and Boylston St are also easily walkable to get to great shopping and dining, and it's not far to get to Boston Common and the Theater District either. For Boston, this is as central as you're going to get. It is actually located at the junction between Copley Place and the Prudential Center, and the hotel provides direct access to the Copley side of the mall from the second floor, behind the lounge.

In terms of the room itself, it's small but clean. I have no complaints about the quality of the room at all, but it was a little cramped for even just one night. My fiance and I are accustomed to sharing a bathroom, but it was impossible here. My other complaint about the bathroom is that there was no fan/vent, which is a huge pet peeve of mine. The bed was extremely comfortable (although to be fair, it WAS my 30th birthday celebration, so it was probably more like passed out rather than sleeping, and I probably could have slept on a slab on concrete...). But still, what time I did spend conscious in the bed was comfortable!

In terms of the hotel itself, the staff was pretty nice and we didn't run into many problems. I forgot my phone in the room when we checked out, and they quickly gave me a key to go back in and look for it when I went back to ask if it had been found (they gave me the key because they checked and found that housekeeping hadn't been in yet so they knew no one had found it yet). The Lost & Found was also helpful when we realized 3 days later that my fiance had left a pair of shoes in the room, and they did in fact have the shoes. The lobby was bustling most of the time and it was a good size, never seemed crowded or overly chaotic, despite being busy. My one complaint about the hotel in general was that we asked for a late checkout, and we were told they weren't doing any late checkouts that day... now, I get that it's a busy weekend, but there are HUNDREDS of rooms and I happen to know they could have spared the extra hour since housekeeping hadn't been in our room 3 hours after checkout time when I went back for my phone. Oh well, we still left the room a half hour late anyway, and it was no problem. I just thought it was weird, I've never been told I couldn't check out late when I've asked!

We did eat at Champs on the second floor, and it was pretty good. The bartenders were friendly, although perhaps a little pushy with selling the drinks. I enjoyed the food (pulled pork sliders with homemade potato chips and chicken fingers with fries), and the atmosphere has a bit of a Vegas vibe to it, which I liked.

Overall, I'd definitely stay here again, and the few complaints I had were pretty minor - not enough to deter me from returning. We've actually talked about going back for future birthday celebrations!

Traveler231232
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

This is a beautiful hotel. And it is convenient to everything is Boston. The rooms live up to the Marriott standard and the views are amazing on the higher floors of the hotel. We were on the 26th floor. The only reason we didn't give them 5 stars was the parking. You have to park in the Copley parking garage that is attached to the hotel that is also for the huge mall thing. It was definitely confusing and the doorman didn't give us a lot of explanation of the best place to park when we pulled in. It is also $35 per 24 Hr period which is to be expected in the city. It is only about a mile walk to Fenway. We walked it and it is a super easy walk and everyone has to walk a good ways to the game.

Room Tip: High rooms have great views. Did name your own price and got the room for about $100 off asking pric...
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Stayed here for an extended weekend and enjoyed being near the Copley mall and centrally located in the city. The rooms were nice and we were taken care of on the concierge floor. Parking is expensive but hard to find elsewhere near the hotel. Walking through the mall at night while the stores are closed is calming and relaxing. The hotel has a pretty nice bar in the lobby where they have lots of sporting events. Would recommend it if you want to be in this area of the city.

Room Tip: Get on the concierge level
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed here for a few nights while on holidays with my girlfriend. It is a well appointed hotel in a great location near Back Bay. It’s very easy to get your way around Boston from here either walking, taking the subway (with a stop only a short walk away) or getting a Duck Tour from across the road.

There isn’t much more to say really, it’s a pretty standard hotel with professional staff that will ensure that your stay in Boston is enjoyable.

MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011 via mobile

I stayed here for five nights for work. Beds were comfortable and my room was super clean. Housekeeping staff was very friendly and kept my room sparkling clean. The water pressure wasn't great, and the water quality made my hair dull. Freebies in the bathroom were great. I loved the lotion. If you ate not a gold club member they do charge $12.95 a day for Internet. Rooms aren't cheap, discounted rates was $229 plus tax. Request a room on a high floor. There are sine good views. Concierge desk left much to be desired. visited it three times and got lousy advice from two concierges that seemed bothered I was asking. The third time I needed to buy a stamp and the act of making change perplexed this woman. She short changed me by 16 cents but I was in too much of a hurry to even argue with her. The concierge desk was very disappointing and actually the front desk interactions were not great. So in short, good rooms with comfy beds in a great location.

• Stayed September 2011
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

The hotel was clean, very well located in the most upscale side of town( connected to two malls, if you love to shop!)I enjoyed the well-equipped gym,indoor pool and hot jacuzzi, the fresh apples and oranges were a very nice touch in there! In advance, I requested a king bed, those were all sold out, so was upgraded to an outstanding river view room, was offered the Hospitality Suite with a Murphy bed was hesitant about that bed. I was treated so great, even though I had bid/ won a fantastic deal on Priceline.com!I found the coffee maker in the closet w/no pot so you do have to call for it.as one reviewer wrote.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor(I was on the 30th) river view away from the elevator banks!Make sure you set...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Boston Marriott Copley Place? Share your experiences!