“See all the city centre sights” 5 of 5 stars

Activities: City walk sightseeing, Walking, Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The red line on the sidewalk leads you on this 2.5-mile, self-guided tour of American Revolution sites. It starts at the Boston Common, America's oldest public park, and ends at the famed Bunker Hill Monument.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
71 attraction reviews
“See all the city centre sights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

The trail includes a lot of the tourist sights from Boston's city centre. It's not too taxing a walk but the streets can get quite crowded. We used one of the free apps to find out about the route.

Starting at Boston Common all the way to the other end took us about 2 hours - we only stopped for a drink and some cake en route.

Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney
9 attraction reviews
“Walk the freedom trail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed at the Doubletree hotel and found a brochure on the Freedom Trail. I just walked it myself and it was great.

Visited February 2014
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
55 attraction reviews
“Follow the history”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

You don't have to take a guided tour, you can do it alone. You have maps of the Freedom Trail everywhere in the city, so you'll come across it few times, that's for sure. And there's a describtion of everything you'll pass next to. I saw all the attractions on the way, even though in the beginning I wasn't following the trail, just visiting the places. But, then I found it very interesting, and decided to finish and see everything. It's interesting that even where there aren't red bricks, there's a red line...the trail can't stop just like that. If the weather is good and sunny, the quite ordinary Bunker Hill will be a great place to be, since it's on a small hill. Take the trail and see how the history was made and freedom was gained.

Visited August 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Way to Experience Boston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I discovered this trail when I first moved to Boston in 11/2012. It was one of the ways I knew I'd get the full flavor and history of the city. I enjoy self-guided walks but I also learned that you can get a free walking tour from the NPS located at Faneuil Hall. So I jumped into a tour and fully enjoyed myself. This trail is perfect any time of year. You can walk all of it in one day, or break it up into a couple of outings, as I did. Along the way stop to enjoy the views from Bunker Hill, the flavors of the North End, the energy of Quincy Market, and the colonial history of the old burial grounds (my personal favorite).

Visited August 2013
Beijing, China
71 attraction reviews
“History EVERYWHERE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

The Freedom Trail guides tourists to the hotspots of Boston's rich history allowing visitors to guide themselves instead of relying on others to show the around.

Visited March 2013

Been to Freedom Trail? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Freedom Trail, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.