“Beautiful.. I can only imagine in summertime” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boston Public Garden

Boston Public Garden
69 Beacon St., Boston, MA 02108 (Beacon Hill)
617-723-8144
Ranked #6 of 284 things to do in Boston
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This Frederick Law Olmsted-designed park, famous for its Swan Boats, has over 600 varieties of trees and an ever-changing array of flowers. It is America's first public garden.
Coral Springs, Florida
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Beautiful.. I can only imagine in summertime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I just got back from a weekend getaway to Boston and I definitely have Boston down as my all-time favorite city. We went the the weekend of Jan 25th and the public garden was absolutely beautiful. Its was 15 degrees out and the park was still vibrant with life. Families, runners, people with dogs, and just travelers like my husband and myself soaking up the scenery. I would definitely go back on my next trip to Boston!

Visited January 2013

75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Good for a stroll”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The Boston Public Garden is accessible from the T and is a great place to get some fresh air. There are plenty of paths to walk on, "swan boats" to paddle in, or cute statues to look at. Even better- it's free!

Visited June 2012
Massachusetts
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Visit the garden often!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I live one hour outside Boston, so I head into the city at least 5 times a year to just walk around and the garden is definitely a favorite spot. The giant weeping willow trees are my favorite and make for beautiful scenery in front of the pond and bridge. On summer weekends, I always see bridal parties taking pictures here. And right in the center of the city, it's so easy to get to, you really can't miss it.

Visited October 2012
Singapore
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Decent daytime stroll”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This public park is much nicer and better to view than Boston Common, but still fairly average for a park. In the summer, the pond has swan boats you can rent and paddle around, and the flowers are usually pretty. The water fountains are empty.

Visited October 2012
Needham, Massachusetts, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Quack Quack”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Make way for me. I am checking out the ducklings again. It's great to just relax is America's oldest public park.