“Favorite Attraction” 5 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Relive the Kennedy era in this dynamic combination museum and library, where your visit starts with a short film and then leaves you on your own to explore a series of fascinating exhibits, including the Kennedy-Nixon debate, the Cuban Missile Crisis, the space program, 1960s campaign paraphernalia and displays about Jacqueline and other Kennedy family members. The striking, I.M. Pei-designed building overlooks the water and the Boston skyline.
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
“Favorite Attraction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went to Boston for a 3 day weekend and knew this was on our must-see list thanks to the friends we were traveling with. My husband and I had never been to a presidential museum & library, so we did not know what to expect but we loved it. I thought the exhibits were very well laid out and the information was really interesting. I loved the reproduction of the Oval Office and Robert Kennedy's Attorney General office. The location is breathtaking and it's easy to get to via the T and a free shuttle. It was only $12 to get in for adults and was well worth the cost. It's really inspired us to find other vacation destinations near presidential museums so we can check those out as well.

Decatur, Alabama
19 attraction reviews
“A First for Us”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is the first presidential library we have had occasion to visit and we found it an enjoyable experience. The orientation film consisted mostly of comments and narrative provided by the late president, which I think is the greatest concentration of speeches I've ever heard from him. We wandered through the exhibits, which began w/the road to the nomination and ended w/his legacy, but also had moments with both his immediate family and his brothers. It was really interesting to see the old home movies that gave you a glimpse to his early life. The only issue I had is I came away with the feeling that he was a self-absorbed, entitled young man, given that the movies had no corresponding soundtrack to hear what was being said.

If you are interested in learning things you may not have known about JFK, I would recommend this to anyone.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 attraction reviews
“JFK Library - a Boston highlight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Was very relieved to see the JFK Library reopen to the public on April 30 after a two-week closure following a fire. It was one of the main things I was looking forward to seeing in Boston, and there wasn't a trace of a problem noticeable when I went on May 1.

The films and displays paint the overall picture for visitors very simply and quickly (there were students there that day, foreign visitors, along with us tourists from around the US). Some of the highlights for me were handwritten notes from JFK, a calendar from his secretary open to the week of the Cuban Missile Crisis, a piece of the Berlin Wall, and a moon rock. There were special displays for RFK and Jackie Kennedy that were also quite interesting.

I've been to the Reagan and Clinton libraries, which I enjoyed as well, but the layout of the JFK library and the building itself were wonderful -- and especially the gorgeous location on the water.

campton, NH
26 attraction reviews
“Extremely will done and funded”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is the only Presidential Library we've been to so we have nothing to compare it to. However, there is so much here including a bit on Robert and Teddy Kennedy. Even if you don't like Kennedy but like history you must visit. It truely is impressive with the amount of history, artifacts and the effort that was put into it. The ending of the 'hallway maze' is very moving, even for adults that wern't even born during the assasination. The gift shop has enough to over pay on items and the cafeteria, even though small is nice and has a decent amount to offer. A note of getting here: take the red line on the "T" and get off at JFK. You'll have to wait for the bus which is free (pretty sure) and then take a short bus ride out to the Columbia point area. It can get really windy out there.

Visited August 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Interesting history of JFK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The history of JFK's presidency is told in an interesting way. But there wasn't anything special to make the museum stand out; it's not like the Reagan Library with Air Force One.