“Local's bar - great food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coda Bar & Kitchen

Coda Bar & Kitchen
329 Columbus Ave, Boston, MA 02116-5157 (Formerly coda bar & kitchen) (South End)
617-536-2632
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: South End
Boston, Massachusetts
“Local's bar - great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Been going here since Coda opened, and even though the chef has changed, the food continues to get better! App's, entree's (meat, fish, chicken, pork) are all great!

Visited August 2013

77% Recommend
Haugesund, Norway
“Cool fun place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

If you want some place cool but not to fancy, this is the place. The food here is great, should be something for everybody's taste. I chose the Pork-wonton, and their signature burger. It was all really tasty.

Liked the relaxed atmosphere and the staff was good and helpful too. Great for a small grop of people to come and eat.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“What a great find, exceptional food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stumbled across Coda looking for somewhere to eat recently. Without a reservation we were seated quickly in this lively, funky place. The food was very good, inventive and learning towards healthy eating options. The prices were very good for both food and wine. A great neighbourhood restaurant on the south side of Boston. Well worth a visit!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Very average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I had just an average visit here. Some things were good, some not.

I had steak frites. Costs more if you say frites instead of fries, but the price was actually reasonable $20. My steak was good and cooked well. I asked for medium and got medium. Of course it is 5 or so pieces of steak sliced, so you can damn well see if it is cooked correctly. If it isn't you should be fired as a cook. But it was good.

It comes with frites. Whatever. Fries. They are thin sliced and some were very good and some were soggy. Damn can't explain that. They were also a bit over salted. In general they were ... Average.

The asparagus stunk. It was soggy and not fresh. It should be fresh even in the 3-5 growing days in the northeast. I was there on day 4. If really was not good and I like good fresh grilled asparagus. So I was disappointed.

Service was ... Average. Damn, we have a theme here. Sometimes attentive, sometimes ..... where are you?

So good steak with average fries, read frites, and bad asparagus = average.

So of you aspire to average ... eat here.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Just OK”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband and I went here for lunch. My husband got the wedge salad. They served a half of an entire lettuce with blue cheese dressing that was honestly from a dressing bottle and maybe 4 pieces of bacon on it. They charged $9 dollars for this, and I dont even think we would have paid $3 for it. I got the burger, which I split with my husband, because his meal was so bad. The bread would not stay together, and by the end of my half it just all fell apart. I was very dissapointed. Bot of these items are very easy to make. Would not go back again.

• Visited May 2013