“Horrible Customer Service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Hardy
Chapel Hill, NC
“Horrible Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel for the past four years and spent well over a thousand dollars with them. - namely because until this summer they were the only motel in town. My stay this past weekend was horrible. We rented four rooms for one night (three for our family and one for a friend). After coming back from a late dinner at 11:30pm the key for one of the rooms would not work. We contacted management which took 1 1/2 hours before putting two members of our party into another room. When making the reservations I put the rooms on my credit card. When we checked in I made sure they front desk staff knew to charge my husband's credit card - and I gave them his credit card. After returning home and checking my bank account I realized they had charged my husband's card for the roooms as well as my credit card. This put my account into the red. I have spent the past 48 hours trying to have this corrected. I even found the name and phone number of the owner and called him. I was told by the owner there was nothing he could do until he talked with the manager because she was the only one authorized to credit my card. The owner also told me the manager was out of town and there was nothing he could do until she returned.
The rooms are moderately clean and have small televisions.
I happy there are now other accomdations in the area where we can stay.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2008

On the surface a really great room. Problem appeared on the 3rd day of our stay when a cockroach ran across the room! Unfortunately it was late friday night and the motel was full so another room was not available. The next day we were told it was a "water bug", but NOT in my opinion, having seen roaches all over the world! No offer of a refund for part of time....nothing!

• Liked — Took pets
  • Disliked — The cockroach in our room.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Lake Inn Motel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Lake Inn Motel

Address: 45 Enterprise Lane, Hardy, VA 24101
Location: United States > Virginia > Hardy
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Hardy
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Lake Inn Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Lake Inn Motel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.