“Luxurious” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Omni Grove Park Inn to your Saves list
The Omni Grove Park Inn
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   290 Macon Avenue, Asheville, NC 28804   |
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #12 of 58 Hotels in Asheville
Sevierville, United States
“Luxurious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Fabulous views and fine dining experiences. The room was nice, and the hotel staff was very welcoming. We loved Elaine's, the dueling piano bar. I would recommend to couples needing to get away for the the weekend. I probably wouldn't bring our children.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
St Louis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Unique experience, picture perfect views. Excellent golf course, unique spa. Don't miss the opportunity to stay at Grove Park Inn. Very historic as well. Excellent service, very accomodating. Staying here will make you a part of history.

Columbus OH, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I have been here 3 times now. Food is always very good. The staff is very attentive and will not keep you waiting. The views are spectacular. You can be outside in the restaurants with comfort of indoors. I was there in the winter, middle of the week with bad weather so only myself my colleague and two other people in there for the hour or so we were there and yet the breakfast buffet was exquisitely set and could have fed 100 people. They never skimp.

Morehead City, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed here for 5 days during an on-site conference. This inn is located in a beautiful area of Asheville. I have stayed here numerous times but this is only my second review of the inn. I felt the need to review the inn again since many have seen changes over the past few visits. Unfortunately, the area of free parking has been eliminated which created an additional $75 in cost to my bill. This particular lot is the cheapest because it is an uncovered lot without valet parking or luggage assistance.

I checked-in the day before the conference and therefore missed the long line madness. My check- in was smooth and staff was courteous. I was not offered help with my luggage even though I had stairs to go down in spite of the elevator ride up. Although I managed, for the money shelled out to stay here I expected this detail to be taken care of.

The conference areas are large but the seating was not adequate at times forcing a large number of us to sit in the floor. Staff was made aware and additional chairs were made available well into the presentation. I was glad to be in a state that has yet to criminalize non-traditional bathroom use because there was just not enough female bathrooms available for a conference this size leaving us no choice but to invade the men’s room. Also, tap water was made available throughout the conference but ran out frequently.

I have no problem spending money on quality food. The Blue Ridge Dining Room breakfast buffet ($25) is pricey but has a phenomenal selection and is excellent quality. At the Sunset Terrace, I also splurged on a filet, salad, asparagus, glass of wine, and tip ($100) but it was one of the best I have ever eaten.

During my stays here I have always been placed in the old inn. This part is quaint but old, so the walls are quite thin and you can easily hear your neighbor’s and their TV. My room was very comfortable with lots of pillow, very well stocked, tidy, mini-fridge, decent Wi-Fi reception, and great towels. Housekeeping staff respected my “Do Not Disturb” sign all week. This room does have a few drawbacks (#376). There is no view whatsoever from this room (see pics). All you see is the back of a white aluminum building. The bathtub had an extremely slow drain which left standing water during the shower.

I ordered room service twice which was very tasty. They give you a timeline when you place your order. One morning I ordered coffee and grits which was 40 minutes late. Without me complaining I was not charged for the entire meal. For dinner I ordered the pork which I highly recommend. The spread was great with all the thrills.

Check out was quick and smooth. I checked out at 0615 to beat the rush. Once again, I was not offered help with my luggage.

Other than the building itself I felt as though I had stayed in any hotel chain with good linens. With the service and room I received I could not justify the cost. I usually don’t shell out these prices and stay in more economical accommodations; however, the conference rate made it bearable. I would never consider staying here for full price. Our 2017 conference is slated to be at the Grove Park again. I will closely measure cost vs. convenience before I book another stay. I am not hard to please (check my profile) but if I am going to pay these prices I expect to get a correlating level of service and perks. Given the price of food, drinks and resort fees I would recommend staying in cheaper place and enjoying what the city actually has to offer. But if you are looking for a resort or golf experience and the price tag that comes with it consider this option.

Room Tip: Get a quite room in the new inn
Pearl River, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I cannot say enough about the food, service and the awesome views. It was truly a romantic getaway!! Every restaurant had a spectacular view. Loved the history of the hotel and enjoyed the galleries and the car museum.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

New Orleans, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Grove Park Inn is an outstanding example of the OMNI standard. The entire experience was wonderful. Was there for a conference, but will be back as a vacation resort destination. Great place to decompress. The sports facility is comprehensive, the spa over the top. Didn't play golf, but will next time. Great variety of restaurants and bars

chester county
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

1920s era hotel. Lots of atmosphere...pretty setting. Staff is very nice but some need to be reminded of their job. For example I waited 5 minutes in front of the hotel for the valet parking person. I unpacked the car and was obviously checking-in. I had to go in the hotel to get help which turned out to be the person who was studiously ignoring me as I unpacked and waited.

Room was in the old wing with cool old elevators (and operators). It wasn't a great room. I tripped over the half step up into the bathroom in the middle of the night. The furniture badly needed refinishing. The desk was needlessly/uselessly small and had no charging ports or plugs. There was charging stuff on the small nightstand, but where was I supposed to put the computer to be charged...on the bed where I slept? The lamp on the nightstand was so tall that when lying down on the bed the light bulbs shown in my eyes. Read in bed? I think not. Perhaps the newer rooms are better.

A banquet had a buffet line. All was OK except the brisket. I took several slices...all were completely fat. Not fatty meat, just fat. I went back, this time with my glasses on and got better slices. Big deal? No, but somebody in the kitchen didn't care about what they served or was on autopilot.

The golf course is an old Ross design, ~6200 yds from the tips and shoe-horned into its space. No room to expand and no range. It was in good shape and played a little longer because of the extreme hilliness. Fun course.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to The Omni Grove Park Inn? Share your experiences!