“Birthday getaway” 4 of 5 stars

You added The Omni Grove Park Inn to your Saves list
The Omni Grove Park Inn
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   290 Macon Avenue, Asheville, NC 28804   |
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #14 of 58 Hotels in Asheville
Satellite Beach, Florida
“Birthday getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Grove Park Inn and Resort was excellent. The facility, the staff, and the view were all wonderful. The only thing that was a surprise was the daily resort fee which was $20. Self parking was $17 and valet was $22. All in all it was a great time and I highly recommend it. It is also close to the Biltmore which was also a great time. But that's another review.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
Union, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife and I had an overnight stay here for a conference I had to attend. We had a King Deluxe room on the 2nd floor of Sammons and it was very nice. The bathroom was quite small, but was clean and had nice amenities. The bed was very comfortable. My wife enjoyed the Grove Park Classic massage at the spa. We also enjoyed the dinner at Blue Ridge and an evening at Elaine's Piano bar. Customer service is top notch and that is hard to find these days. Do not stay anywhere else if you are coming to Asheville. This place is amazing!

Calais, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The hotel is a must see, the view is second to none. The service is outstanding everyone is very friendly and helpful. There is a lot to do from the golf course to the spa and horse back ridding. The rooms are quiet and very comfortable. Lot of restaurants within the hotel and within the city. Great place to visit.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

New Orleans, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed in April, 2015. Hotel and staff could not be better. The grounds are unbelievable. The SPA is the best we've ever experienced. Plenty options for dining most with fabulous views. The fitness center is very large and has many options. Highly recommended.

Little River, SC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Many of our neighbors and friends told us how wonderful the Grove Park Inn was to stay. It was better than they described. The food is excellent. The staff goes out of their way to help. The view is easy on the eyes. The spa, a wonderful place to relax. To much to do in 24 hours.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

If I could give 3 1/2 stars to this hotel I would. I heard a lot about this place, so I was very excited when I new I was going for 3 days (The company my husband works for, was having a 3-day celebration.) The reception area is beautiful, great view and a huge fireplace. The front desk staff was nice a pleasant. Then, we went to our room in the new wing of the hotel, luckily, and the room was average. Other friends didn't have any luck, the rooms they got were in the old wing. I saw two of those rooms and they were old, dirty, and dark. The ceiling was extremely low in the bathroom and everything was so tight, there was no room for a real bathroom door, but a slider door. On top of that, one afternoon, we were having lunch at one of the bars (the one next to the reception area) and waited for over 1 hour to get our food. The bar was almost empty! And we paid over $200 for chicken fingers and other bar food. They also got my husband's order wrong, so we had to send back. The Spa on the other hand, is beautiful, a lot of options, but it is definitely OVERPRICED. My signature massage (over $300) was OK and my mani-pedi was very average. The lady who helped me was very rude and kept making faces the entire time. Then they rushed us (me and two friends) out of there saying they were very busy (I believe I paid over $150 for the mani-pedi) Anyway, I'm definitely not coming back.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
The Grove Park M, Manager at The Omni Grove Park Inn, responded to this review, 2 days ago
We appreciate you choosing to stay with us recently and apologize that we were not able to meet you expectations. We have passed your feedback about the service you received at our Great Hall Bar as well as The Spa to the respective management who are investigating these issues which are far below the standards we have in place for our staff.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

On a bright, spring afternoon, my friend and I decided to go to Omni Grove Park for lunch and to enjoy the view. Having read on the hotels's website that they had four restaurants, we felt it was a great plan with good options. We ended up terribly disappointed. Once there, we walked around checking out our options only to discover that not only were the restaurants devoid of patrons, there was no staff there to advise us. The lounge was closed as were all the restaurants along the way even though their outdoor fireplaces were going. We checked out the Sunset Terrace but decided against it because of the wind. When asked if we could be served inside at the tables we were told that they don't serve inside. We asked what the other options were and found out we could eat at the Spa or Marketplace (really a counter to buy pre-prepared and packaged food). We decided on the Spa. We were disappointed to discover no view at all from the Spa restaurant even though the grounds outdoors are spectacular. We decided to be satisfied with at least a restaurant with full service. The menu was "spa-ish" with expensive, small salads. I cannot believe that the beautiful Grove Park Inn offers no real lunch service. It was equally disheartening to find that we had a hard time finding someone to answer our questions about what was available. My feeling is that this is what happens when a huge corporation takes over; a local favorite loses its heart and soul. I won't bother to return. The one plus is that parking which used to be $9, now includes free parking for the first 3 hours. Still, we couldn't find a reason to stay for three hours. Truly disappointing.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for thinking us as a lunch destination recently and for alerting us of your concerns. We are sorry that the options available to you that afternoon were limited and that the you were not able to find any associates to answer questions for you. During the warmer months, typically April through October, we try to encourage all of our dining patrons to experience our iconic Sunset Terrace. Even on windy days, the blankets our staff provide and overhead heaters can do a lot to block the elements. We hope you will re-consider joining us again some day.

Been to The Omni Grove Park Inn? Share your experiences!